Page 77 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    I feel ya manormortal, mine has changed each and every day since the 25th, and each day it shows it will be delivered that day.
    manormortal and raraku like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
    I wasn't stating that the gTablet is better, I was only responding to your statement "Show me a product below 400 bucks that has the touchpads specs and a 9.7 inch screen".
    Nothing matches the TP's specs exactly, but the gTablet is pretty close and is definitely under $400 (which meets your stated qualifications).

As to Apple "proving" that USB isn't a deciding factor, that's only true of a portion of the populace and is definitely a matter of opinion. It is in fact a polarizing argument with the anti-Apple folk as well as an annoyance to many pro-Apple folk (all of the ones I know, in fact).
    If the prices were closer together, I would definitely opt for a device with USB host and client modes, SD card slots are an even bigger selling point (I don't really care about the HDMI, but many do). But then, I'm definitely not your normal Joe-public type either.
    As far as Apples go, the last one I owned was an Apple //c (pre-Mac - yes, I'm dating myself). My wife has an iPad, and I find the thing infuriating to use (I'm a Unix geek and expect more out of a computing device, my N900 is enormously more versatile and usable - the screen is just too small).

I don't pretend to know how Viewsonic sells the gTablet so cheaply, and I definitely disagree with your assertion that the touchscreen is flakey (2 coworkers bought them, both love them and I talk to them both about the devices frequently gathering the good and the bad, since I've been considering buying one since they bought theirs).
    I do understand the component cost in the TP is estimated to be ~$318. However, I've never held one or even seen one other than on youtube. I do agree that this is an insanely good deal (or I wouldn't have placed an order) - I never stated otherwise. You seem to be trying to make an argument out of a direct response to your request "Show me a product below 400 bucks that has the touchpads specs and a 9.7 inch screen". I'm not saying which is better (they each have their advantages), just that it exists.

To throw this back on topic:
    My order (32GB, FedEX next day air) was ~11:30am on the 20th, 4384XXX/3057XXXX. Estimated ship date has never changed from 8/22. The order information was never updated, even after calling SMB asking them to look up the order number. I got the "2 more weeks" email 6:12pm EST (time-zone is something everyone here seems to forget about) on the 2nd... so it appears the sequence the orders are filled is as absolutely random as the order the emails went out (many people who ordered LONG after I did received their shipments the first week, check posts in the 400 range).
    Sorry man, I didn't mean to come off snide.... I took another look at the viewsonic. I think it's a good product for the money but given the situation I wouldn't make that purchase if I could buy the touchpad. I've seen these in Target I think, and I believe the resolution is lower and the screen doesn't have great viewing angles. My comment about the multitouch being flaky was something I had read.

I don't think this product compares to the touchpad, but I think you're correct that it's the closest thing available. I'd be hesitant given the ram situation though. I think a gig for a tablet is overkill for most apps but 512 is borderline without much room to grow. I also think that a touchpad at 1.5ghz will smoke this thing at 1ghz.

I will say this... The need for multiple ports isn't as crucia;l as people think. Yes it would be nice to have an sd slot to expand the memory but most other inputs are unneeded. BY the way, there is a mini usb on the touchpad.

I was talking to someone the other day about CDs and how neither of us had used one in a couple years, Same goes with DVDs and Blueray. I know people use them but you can get plenty of digital content elsewhere and it's not the direction the industry will be taking in the future anyhow. So yes I'll agree that and SD would be nice but no one needs the other ports. It's a tablet, not a real computer. Thats what laptops are for.

I think the viewsonic is the best mainstream alternative I've seen. But I also think you get what you pay for sometimes.
    My card just got authorized again
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Sorry man, I didn't mean to come off snide.... I took another look at the viewsonic. I think it's a good product for the money but given the situation I wouldn't make that purchase if I could buy the touchpad.
    No worries, and I agree completely with the value/dollar.
    The only reason I was considering the gTablet before was the price... this deal absolutely smokes it!
    In addition to your other points, I'm sure this OS is more efficient than Android as well (further tilting the scales in TP's favor), not having to deal with the java layer and all.

One thing that's still a selling point for me for the gTablet, however, is this: nVidia - The new MeeGo Battle Ground
    (I'd really love MeeGo on this thing, but maybe I'll like WebOS better after using it)
    Quote Originally Posted by raduque View Post
    My card just got authorized again
    https://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP

@BrynaAtHP
    Bryna Corcoran
    Regarding: Credit Cards being re-authorized: "Banking processes re-authorize credit holds every 7 days until the time of purchase. "
    ^ Yep-Mine just dropped off again for the second time and I'm sure it will show up again as pending for the third time in just a few more days.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    ^ Yep-Mine just dropped off again for the second time and I'm sure it will show up again as pending for the third time in just a few more days.
    I really hate how HP is doing this to my account, it's totally screwing with my statements and balancing. And the fact that they reverse the transaction and there's no record of it, super annoying. I called HP, and they only said "that's just our procedure, sorry.."
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I really hate how HP is doing this to my account, it's totally screwing with my statements and balancing. And the fact that they reverse the transaction and there's no record of it, super annoying. I called HP, and they only said "that's just our procedure, sorry.."
    On the plus side, this is prompting me to finally start using my check register instead of relying on my online banking statement. I should've been doing it all along, and now I have no choice.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    fwinst likes this.
    Although I understand the situation HP is in when it comes to stock levels, the potential of waiting 2 months for delivery is still frustrating at times.

I believe what makes it more frustrating is that I almost nabbed a TP at 2 different stores on FireSale Day. I dragged my feet at the first store and they sold through all 8 in the 10 minutes after I called (I could have been there in 5). When I arrived someone was checking stock and they had 2 left. The man in front of me got the last one. The man in front of him, who had already bought one, was allowed to buy the other one.

Then I rushed to a Walmart 6-7 miles away and there was 1 person waiting for the cabinet to be unlocked to get the last one.

"Missed it by THAT much..." So here I wait. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Although I understand the situation HP is in when it comes to stock levels, the potential of waiting 2 months for delivery is still frustrating at times.

I believe what makes it more frustrating is that I almost nabbed a TP at 2 different stores on FireSale Day. I dragged my feet at the first store and they sold through all 8 in the 10 minutes after I called (I could have been there in 5). When I arrived someone was checking stock and they had 2 left. The man in front of me got the last one. The man in front of him, who had already bought one, was allowed to buy the other one.

Then I rushed to a Walmart 6-7 miles away and there was 1 person waiting for the cabinet to be unlocked to get the last one.

"Missed it by THAT much..." So here I wait. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Agree. Keep looking for some good news in this thread, but so far, there is not much here. Just sit back and have a glass of wine...and watch the sun set.
    I read here a lot about cc getting charged. My cc isn't charged yet.
    Anyone with order from 8/21 4 PM EST has their cc charged yet ?

----------------------
    I am using DailyMonitor android app to keep an 24/7 eye on my order.
    Lets hope it pays off.
    Too bad someone hasnt created and APP to check and update out TP order status and to translate HP Speak for what it truley means. The hits we are giving websites must be raking in the advertising dollars while we wait for a shipping date to change.

6 ordered 437XXX and 440XXX both prior to the 4am cut off

Looks like a great OS, would love to experience it firsthand

Guess it's just daily now.

Hey! I could use this as my new really-hard-way-to-get-the-date calendar!

Golly gosh this is soo much better than a TP - Thank HP :/[/QUOTE]
    I am using DailyMonitor android app to keep tabs on my HP order status page.

Quote Originally Posted by rlampky View Post
    Too bad someone hasnt created and APP to check and update out TP order status and to translate HP Speak for what it truley means. The hits we are giving websites must be raking in the advertising dollars while we wait for a shipping date to change.

6 ordered 437XXX and 440XXX both prior to the 4am cut off

Looks like a great OS, would love to experience it firsthand

Guess it's just daily now.

Hey! I could use this as my new really-hard-way-to-get-the-date calendar!

Golly gosh this is soo much better than a TP - Thank HP :/
    [/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by javacocoon View Post
    I am using DailyMonitor android app to keep tabs on my HP order status page.
    I've lost all interest in keeping track of my status page. It says "Date will follow" at night and then gets updated in the morning with delivery date of whatever the date that day is.
    Well... Whatever will be will be. I can't help but notice how out of touch hp management is with us "common folk". For the past week I have been reading accounts about how unexpected the run at the touchpad firesale has been. Really? It's obvious that large companies need a resident poor guy to help guide them through tough business decisions.

I called HP SMB on 8/24 to see if my order was all good. The rep on the phone assured me that it was "all good" and that I should be receiving an email confirmation mid next week (this week). It never came. I then thought for sure I would see something after the infamous 48 hour tweet came from Bryna. It too never came.

So here we are, all stuck to the order status page looking for an update. In the end it won't even matter. A year from now we will all be looking for the next thing. It probably won't even take that long.

I must say, as an early adopter of webOS with the original Pre, I have felt constantly let down either by Sprint or Palm and now HP. We all seem to be like the wife that just keeps taking a beating. Hp beats us because they love us and I know in my heart that is true, lol. WebOS is the best OS and I hope that it lives long enough to beat me for the rest of my life. I'm sure that is just wishful thinking though.

I know this post is a bit of a rant so don't beat me up too much even though I realize I'm already a glutton for punishment. BTW my order number is 438xxxx and as of an hour ago my shipping status is "date will follow", lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by 482123 View Post
    I've lost all interest in keeping track of my status page. It says "Date will follow" at night and then gets updated in the morning with delivery date of whatever the date that day is.
    Yep. This has been one hell of frustrating time. I almost feel like the chicken sitting on hens to hatch. Hope they wont turn to be all rotten.

----------------------
    I am using DailyMonitor android app to keep an 24/7 eye on my order.
    Lets hope it pays off.
    I tried DailyMonitor android app. I tinkered around the url in the preferences. In a minute there was an update to the app. The updated version has better options....
    Last edited by alldreamcatcher; 09/04/2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: nothing
    Hey y'all - lost in this thread. Still no touchpad, and I don't think I received an updated shipping email apart from the 1st one confirming the order.

From those tracking this and have a better idea - What does this mean / Will I be getting one?

From "order status" on HP Small Medium Business (this is where I purchased from)

Customer PO #: 441XXXX
    Order Date/Time: 08/23/2011 09:15:56 AM
    Credit Terms: CREDIT CARD
    Credit Status: Credit Approved
    Credit Approval Date: 08/25/2011
    Ship Via: ECON VALUE FRT
    Ship Complete : No
    Estimated Ship Date: 08/23/2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: 08/23/2011
    Sale Amount: $149.00
    Tax Amount: $11.92
    Total Amount: $160.92
    Oh just noticed, Charge dropped off the card again. *raises glass* Here's to Round 3!
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    Hey y'all - lost in this thread. Still no touchpad, and I don't think I received an updated shipping email apart from the 1st one confirming the order.

From those tracking this and have a better idea - What does this mean / Will I be getting one?

From "order status" on HP Small Medium Business (this is where I purchased from)

Customer PO #: 441XXXX
    Order Date/Time: 08/23/2011 09:15:56 AM
    Credit Terms: CREDIT CARD
    Credit Status: Credit Approved
    Credit Approval Date: 08/25/2011
    Ship Via: ECON VALUE FRT
    Ship Complete : No
    Estimated Ship Date: 08/23/2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: 08/23/2011
    Sale Amount: $149.00
    Tax Amount: $11.92
    Total Amount: $160.92
    No one can definitively answer your question. Theoretically, anyone who ordered before 4 AM on 8/22 should get one, but even that is apparently not a guarantee.

I hope you'll get one, though, because my status looks almost exactly the same and I also haven't received any communication from HP since the confirmation email.