Page 76 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    How can you state there was a change in your order, however you don't know what the change is?
    In the order status it says last update: blah blah blah and it shows tonight, yet I can't find what they changed.
    Mine says it just changed like a half hour ago... no noticeable change. no email. *sad panda*
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    what this email say that hp sent out?!!!
    Check back a few pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    I think you underestimate what twice the ram and an overclockable 1.2-1.9 ghz processor is worth. If the touchpad wasn't so cheap this tablet might make sense, but it has a cheap build structure and the reality is you'd have to be nuts to pick this one up over the touchpad purely based on ram and clock speed. Also I hear the capacitive screen on this is flaky to say the least. I agree that ports are convenient but apple has proved over and over again that they aren't a deciding factor in any purchase.

Think of it this way, they are selling this under what HP can build a touchpad for and still making a profit. What does that say about the quality of the parts their putting in there? HP is selling there's for one third their build price. Why would you consider this given the situation?
    I wasn't stating that the gTablet is better, I was only responding to your statement "Show me a product below 400 bucks that has the touchpads specs and a 9.7 inch screen".
    Nothing matches the TP's specs exactly, but the gTablet is pretty close and is definitely under $400 (which meets your stated qualifications).

As to Apple "proving" that USB isn't a deciding factor, that's only true of a portion of the populace and is definitely a matter of opinion. It is in fact a polarizing argument with the anti-Apple folk as well as an annoyance to many pro-Apple folk (all of the ones I know, in fact).
    If the prices were closer together, I would definitely opt for a device with USB host and client modes, SD card slots are an even bigger selling point (I don't really care about the HDMI, but many do). But then, I'm definitely not your normal Joe-public type either.
    As far as Apples go, the last one I owned was an Apple //c (pre-Mac - yes, I'm dating myself). My wife has an iPad, and I find the thing infuriating to use (I'm a Unix geek and expect more out of a computing device, my N900 is enormously more versatile and usable - the screen is just too small).

I don't pretend to know how Viewsonic sells the gTablet so cheaply, and I definitely disagree with your assertion that the touchscreen is flakey (2 coworkers bought them, both love them and I talk to them both about the devices frequently gathering the good and the bad, since I've been considering buying one since they bought theirs).
    I do understand the component cost in the TP is estimated to be ~$318. However, I've never held one or even seen one other than on youtube. I do agree that this is an insanely good deal (or I wouldn't have placed an order) - I never stated otherwise. You seem to be trying to make an argument out of a direct response to your request "Show me a product below 400 bucks that has the touchpads specs and a 9.7 inch screen". I'm not saying which is better (they each have their advantages), just that it exists.

To throw this back on topic:
    My order (32GB, FedEX next day air) was ~11:30am on the 20th, 4384XXX/3057XXXX. Estimated ship date has never changed from 8/22. The order information was never updated, even after calling SMB asking them to look up the order number. I got the "2 more weeks" email 6:12pm EST (time-zone is something everyone here seems to forget about) on the 2nd... so it appears the sequence the orders are filled is as absolutely random as the order the emails went out (many people who ordered LONG after I did received their shipments the first week, check posts in the 400 range).
    I ordered mine (32gb) on the 21st with fedex next day air also and still have recieved absolutely no info from HP. My account has shown 1 allocated since I ordered, yet nothing has changed. Also no email yet. I wonder if the next day air instead of free shipping is messing things up?
    Last Update: 04-Sep-2011 10:38 GMT

Guess it's just daily now.

Hey! I could use this as my new really-hard-way-to-get-the-date calendar!

Golly gosh this is soo much better than a TP - Thank HP :/
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    qrious likes this.
    Both of my orders have the same update. I've had two pending charges come and go on my 1st order. This morning, I just got my 2nd pending charge for my 2nd order. I wonder how many times HP is going to put pending charges on my account until I receive them?
    One of the HP servers is down. The one into which you input your email address and password gets to the first page, but not to the second page with the additional detail.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    One of the HP servers is down. The one into which you input your email address and password gets to the first page, but not to the second page with the additional detail.
    Maybe when they reboot that one they can reboot the email server to get the rest of the emails out.
    Page is back up. Print preview delivery date reflects Last Update date (today). No other change. The print preview delivery date said 9/1 from the beginning, and until 8/31 my Last Update said 8/23. On 8/31 the Last Change started to change daily, and I think 9/1 is when my Print Preview delivery date started to change daily, so it must just be the system updating automatically because the order has not yet been completed. 2nd hold still on CC - expecting that to drop off anytime now.

Probably obvious I know, but when I first started seeing changes I was, of course, hopeful, even though deep down inside I knew it was probably nothing.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine has started to show the current date as the delivery date now...
    So - does anybody have a Photograph of the box that HP sends?

Maybe if we could just picture in our minds what HP is sending.....
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Page is back up.
    Looks broke again. Matter of fact, if you try to get to it from the main SMB site it doesn't even give you the prompt to log in, just goes back to the home page.
    well, I got an email from hp finally at 9 this morning
    it was an ad for their labor day sale
    teasing *******s
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    They finally took the money back out of my account. Good signs?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manormortal View Post
    It's a good sign if it it's a real charge. If it's just a pending or authorization charge, it means nothing other than they haven't lost your order.
    Quote Originally Posted by manormortal View Post
    Check back through the thread, having a pending charge means nothing. It will get charged over and over as a pre-auth. If its a real charge and is for the TP with free shipping, then its possible you are moving ahead but doubtful unless you get the shipping email with a tracking number.
    manormortal: what cha order 16gb or 32gb and when did you order?
    hannah1095 likes this.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I ordered my 32gig model on 8/21 (order # 4423***). They held my $$$ for about, then it was released, and the following day I got the email saying that my order was being shipped 9/6.

During that week of everyone calling the HP numbers (around 8/24) I had sent an email to the contact us address asking what was up with my order. This past Friday they responded, saying my order was in the system and would be shipped within 6 to 7 weeks.

6 to 7 weeks?? Really??

Oh, and to boot, yesterday they put the hold back on my card.

In the meantime I picked one up off Craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    Check back through the thread, having a pending charge means nothing. It will get charged over and over as a pre-auth. If its a real charge and is for the TP with free shipping, then its possible you are moving ahead but doubtful unless you get the shipping email with a tracking number.
    *sigh* I'm actually getting a bit annoyed with the fact that my status keeps getting updated (the latest one being today) but I haven't received one email from HP besides my order confirmation. The wait continues I guess : (

Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    manormortal: what cha order 16gb or 32gb and when did you order?
    I ordered one 16GB Touchpad on 08/20/2011 at 4:57:45 PM according to the order status details.
    Gundy likes this.