Page 75 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Glad u got it working. Only time I got that error message on DailyMonitor was when the url I came up with was incorrect or when my android firewall was setup to block the all apps. I sent email to the DailyMonitor developer to see if they are willing to make it simpler just for us folks who are biting nails to get status.
    They charged my credit card yesterday but have yet to receive any email updates. Does this mean they will ship soon? Fwiw, I ordered 2 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Yeah, while unsaid, it's kind of a running joke. After reading your post it came to me as to what's going on at HP. Sometime in January of this year, HP was taken over by a bunch of clowns. At this point, it's the only "reasonable" explanation.

Leaves a business it's a top player in, buys a company for 1.2 billion dollars, goes through the R&D to develop brand new products for bought company's OS, then produces products only to end production shortly thereafter to take a 100,000 million dollar loss saying it's going to focus on enterprise and software, then has a fire sale of discontinued products just to demonstrate how poor it's enterprise hardware and software is.

I'm telling you, there was a clown takeover.
    As someone else already posted to this thread, it's all part of H-P's One-Year Plan - WSJ.com

As to the clowns, when I read your post I immediately had flashes of the Dark Clowns from Tripping the Rift!

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Yeah, while unsaid, it's kind of a running joke. After reading your post it came to me as to what's going on at HP. Sometime in January of this year, HP was taken over by a bunch of clowns. At this point, it's the only "reasonable" explanation.
    If only I had video of the dealings that I had with HP back in the spring, you would remove the quotes from around reasonable above!

I sent out an RFP at work to three vendors for a forklift replacement of every network edge switch in 34 wiring closets back in the early spring, right after the Pre3 and Touchpad were announced. The estimated project price was just under a million dollars, and in all honesty HP was my first choice of the three vendors (and it bears mentioning that the incumbent vendor was not invited to bid).

Meeting #2 with the HP sales team was for a WebEx demonstration of their centralized management platform. The presenter's *only* job with HP was to maintain a demo lab and do these product demonstrations for potential enterprise customers. After 45 minutes of watching the guy fumble around and not even be able to show me a working product in their demo lab, I asked him if he could send me a download link and demo license code for the package so that I could figure it out for myself. The HP sales rep that was sitting in the room with me during the WebEx apologized for the bad presentation, and said that he's never seen this guy mess up before. I was willing to let it slide, since everyone has a bad day once in a while.

Meeting #3 was to provision a demo switch on our network. We specifically requested an exact model that we were interested in purchasing, but they sent out a switch that was a much lower model and not even the same hardware family. Strike two.

Meeting #4 was with one of their [alleged] best pre-sales engineers on site, with a simple task to program the correct demo switch to replace one of our current vendor's switches in a wiring closet. Three hours later, the guy couldn't get it to interoperate with our standard VLAN configuration, and left the site saying that he needed to go back to his office to check on interoperability notes with the existing switches. They never did get it working. Strike three.

Meeting #5 was with several members of their enterprise sales team, to discuss what equipment we would like to base their design on for the RFP. Before the meeting started, they were waiting in a conference room almost 75 feet from my office and I heard them talking *loudly* between each other about how they wanted to wrap up what was scheduled to be a 2-hour meeting in 15 minutes so that they could get down to a popular riverfront bar in our town to get blasted. (Their own words.) These weren't Gen-X people, they were middle-aged and older!

Long story short, they wound up being our third choice after the evaluation process, and not one person involved with the review/purchase process argued when I suggested that we not even ask them to submit a proposal. We all agreed that you just can't make this kind of incompetence up.

Back to your clown theory, I think that the problem existed before Bozo the Clown took over as CEO, and the culture of the entire HP organization has been one of sitting back on their heels and milking existing customer relationships for all they're worth. As the Touchpad/Pre3 debacle showed, HP is a company that cannot innovate, break into new markets, or even sell its existing products to new customers. If ever the shareholders needed to give a company an enema from the CEO down to the mailroom staff, HP is it from my experience trying to deal with them.

Obligatory status update: 32GB, 3058xxxx, 442xxxx, 8/21 @ 2PM EDT, planned ship date of 9/6, have not received an e-mail from HP since the order confirmation one on 8/25, now have a second pending charge on my card as of today (9/3). Oh, and to solidify my reputation as a glutton for punishment, I just ordered a touchstone and carrying case from the HP H&HO store to ensure that I have at least one in case they run out of those too and actually find a Touchpad to ship me.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    untitled, fwinst and raraku like this.
    where is everyone seeing these online numbers? I click on the check order link from my original order email and nothing really has changed. I called them last week and they said my order was within the range of time to be fulfilled and not canceled. I don't think my credit card has been charged at all, either. Maybe they just haven't got around to me yet?
    What is your order number? ex: 43861XX
    When did you order?
    Are you able to check your Order Status HERE?
    If so, did you try the PRINT PREVIEW? Top Left Hand of your screen > File > Print Preview
    Speaking of Numbers. The new email - Did anybody else get a new number in the first line besides me?

Dear Mr/Mrs TP

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad order 30565XXX
    The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by javacocoon View Post
    Did anyone within my order range got any thing shipped yet ?

SMB Order
    HP Order#3058XXXX
    Web Order#442XXXX
    Order Date# 8/21/2011

My status on blue/gray screen says expected delivery date of 9/14/2011, but the shipped qty is still zero.

I couldn't keep my eyes off the status page for few weeks now. Then found an android app called DailyMonitor that was written to monitor websites. After little playing with things, I got it to monitor my HP Order status and show the qty shipped on my android phone.

If you want to try, here is how I did it. Hope it helps you get moving without glueing to the computer

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Install DailyMonitor from android market
    2. Start the app and click menu
    3. In menu option, enter Name as "HP Order Shipped Qty"
    4. In menu option, enter URL as follows, except, replace XXXXXXX with
    your HP Order#. For example 30512345. Do not enter the double quotes

"http://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl?os=CEI500XXXXXXX&sv=sim-8&po=&orderno=&attn=&status=&recent=0&podate=8/21/2011&mode=options"

5. In menu option, enter the regular expression as follows

<td align=right nowrap>(\d)<\/td> <\/tr>

One simple way to do all this in android is to send this info as email
    to yourself and copy paste it from android email to the application.
    Another interesting thing I just figured out to change RegExp in DailyMonitor android app to the following to monitor Last Change Date. That should tell me when my order is last touched without having to get onto a computer

Here is what I did in DailyMonitor.
    Set URL as above instructions
    Set Name to HP Order Last Changed:
    Set RegExpression to the following

Last Change:<\/a><\/b><\/td><td colspan=3 nowrap>(.*?)<\/td>

Voila, I now have the android app telling me when my order was last touched, if HP order status page is correct, that is. ;-)
    I ordered Saturday Night. (8:00 PM CST) Order number 4391xxxx and have not recieved the email everyone is getting. It says it will be delivered the 8th so I'm confused. :/ I ordered a 16 GB btw.
    Last edited by NickSully23; 09/03/2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javacocoon View Post
    Voila, I now have the android app telling me when my order was last touched, if HP order status page is correct, that is. ;-)
    I'm not sure that field even means anything. Mine showed it was updated on the 31st, but not a single thing on the order change. On the 1st I called up to change my credit card on the order. That should have caused some type of update, but it still shows the 31st as the last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
    How about this:
    10.1" LED backlit LCD @1024x600 res
    Dual core 1GHz Cortex-A9 / NVidia Tegra 2
    512MB RAM
    16GB internal storage
    1080p video decode and encode
    1.3 megapixel camera
    802.11b/g/n
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    MicroSD slot
    USB (slave)
    USB host
    HDMI out
    3650MAh battery

These are the specs for the Viewsonic gTablet, which frequently goes for $279 and occasionally as low as $239. In fact it went on sale for $239 on woot on the 21st (go figure, had I not ordered the TP already, I would've bought one at that price).

Note that there are already MANY custom Android firmwares for this device (in fact the stock firmware is crap, the device is totally transformed by reflashing).

Yes, the TP has it beat on the screen res, and the screen quality, but the Tegra 2 in the GT balances that out nicely.
    The MicroSD slot, USB Host port, and HDMI output are all enormous bonuses the TP doesn't have.
    The TP wins hard with double the RAM and battery capacity though.
    I think you underestimate what twice the ram and an overclockable 1.2-1.9 ghz processor is worth. If the touchpad wasn't so cheap this tablet might make sense, but it has a cheap build structure and the reality is you'd have to be nuts to pick this one up over the touchpad purely based on ram and clock speed. Also I hear the capacitive screen on this is flaky to say the least. I agree that ports are convenient but apple has proved over and over again that they aren't a deciding factor in any purchase.

Think of it this way, they are selling this under what HP can build a touchpad for and still making a profit. What does that say about the quality of the parts their putting in there? HP is selling there's for one third their build price. Why would you consider this given the situation?
    Actually though.....someone is selling a many 7 inch galaxy tabs for just over 200 bucks on ebay..I came close to grabbing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
    How about this:
    10.1" LED backlit LCD @1024x600 res
    Dual core 1GHz Cortex-A9 / NVidia Tegra 2
    512MB RAM
    16GB internal storage
    1080p video decode and encode
    1.3 megapixel camera
    802.11b/g/n
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    MicroSD slot
    USB (slave)
    USB host
    HDMI out
    3650MAh battery

These are the specs for the Viewsonic gTablet, which frequently goes for $279 and occasionally as low as $239. In fact it went on sale for $239 on woot on the 21st (go figure, had I not ordered the TP already, I would've bought one at that price).

Note that there are already MANY custom Android firmwares for this device (in fact the stock firmware is crap, the device is totally transformed by reflashing).

Yes, the TP has it beat on the screen res, and the screen quality, but the Tegra 2 in the GT balances that out nicely.
    The MicroSD slot, USB Host port, and HDMI output are all enormous bonuses the TP doesn't have.
    The TP wins hard with double the RAM and battery capacity though.
    Although, I'll probably be in line right behind you when I don't get my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    If I worked in SMB Sales, I'd be pretty annoyed with my employer right now. Not only did they spring this firesale on everyone without taking the time to plan. Then they leave them in the dark and on their own to answer questions from the customers that they can't even begin to have answers for. Finally, when they think they're going to catch a break because HP is going to send out emails to everyone to explain what will happen with their order, HP pulls an epic fail and only sends out emails to some customers, leaving the rest to chat online and stew over a 3 day weekend. Tuesday is going to be an absolute nightmare for the call centers. The really sad thing is...it didn't have to be.
    Yes it seems that the emails going out stopped at the end of the workday on Friday since so many of us haven't received them. I suppose the rest of us will receive them on Tuesday, but it really shows a lack of professionalism on HP's part.
    I'm guessing people who didn't get an email will have their orders fulfilled in that last batch of Touchpads that they're planning.

(I didn't get an email).
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    mine also starts with 422 ordered at 134pm on 8/21 with no email or date
    Another Change was made to my order tonight. But I can't see what!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSully23 View Post
    Another Change was made to my order tonight. But I can't see what!
    How can you state there was a change in your order, however you don't know what the change is?
    what this email say that hp sent out?!!!