Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    I was looking through the 44003xx range of orders placed on the 22nd and some of them have been updated with shipping dates of 9/8 and 9/12. SO I think they are expecting more units by those dates.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilla View Post
    I was looking through the 44003xx range of orders placed on the 22nd and some of them have been updated with shipping dates of 9/8 and 9/12. SO I think they are expecting more units by those dates.
    Amongst the things I've learned in the last two fun-filled weeks are these 2 points:

1. Purchase Order #'s (43xxxx or 44xxxx) have little or nothing to do with the order in which your TP will be shipped. PO #'s before mine have HP Order #'s and shipping dates After mine, and vice versa.

2. SHIPPING DATES ON THE STATUS PAGE ARE ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT QUESTION, 100% WORTHLESS UNLESS YOUR CC HAS BEEN CHARGED, AND YOU HAVE A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION AND/OR A TRACKING NUMBER

That's not to say that some TP's won't ship soon. I just wouldn't hold my breath.
    Just got my Touchpad case from Costcentral.com but no Touchpad yet to put into it. My order number is 438xxxx I ordered on the 20th. Shows expected delivery of Aug 30th. I'll probably have my new Epic 4g touch in my hands on Sept 16th before I get my Touchpad.
    Stop assuming the Purchase Order #'s are numerical.

Even if they were numerical not all the numbers are TPs, HP sells lots of other stuff.

Why assume the PO# is correct - why not the HP Order #.

I've not received any email from HP. My second hold is still there. My order ship date has not changed since my last post. Are people actually seeing "Back Ordered" or BO on their status pages? Not me...
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Stop assuming the Purchase Order #'s are numerical.

Even if they were numerical not all the numbers are TPs, HP sells lots of other stuff.

Why assume the PO# is correct - why not the HP Order #.

I've not received any email from HP. My second hold is still there. My order ship date has not changed since my last post. Are people actually seeing "Back Ordered" or BO on their status pages? Not me...
    THis is what my Status page looks like.
    So I just talked to a CSR... Take this for what it's worth, but he told me that most of the orders are looking at a 6-8 week lead time on shipping. However, there is a large batch of orders placed on the 8/20 that are being allocated now for shipping on 9/12-9/14 (part of a large quantity of inventory they're expecting). He was able to confirm that mine was part of this batch.

Order no = 43808xx
    Date ordered = 8/20, 2pm CST

So he's saying I should expect my shipment the following week (9/19-ish). I guess we'll see.
    My order has apparently dropped off HP site, not surprising since it was 8/24. Just want to thank Barnes and Noble for that false order confirmation causing me not to order from HP sooner!
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilla View Post
    THis is what my Status page looks like.
    Mine shows Qty. Order = 1, Qty Alloc. = 1, Qty B/O = 0

Is this another useless piece of info or is my order actually moving forward. Best guess = Don't mean a thing....
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoprofundo View Post
    So I just talked to a CSR... Take this for what it's worth, but he told me that most of the orders are looking at a 6-8 week lead time on shipping. However, there is a large batch of orders placed on the 8/20 that are being allocated now for shipping on 9/12-9/14 (part of a large quantity of inventory they're expecting). He was able to confirm that mine was part of this batch.

Order no = 43808xx
    Date ordered = 8/20, 2pm CST

So he's saying I should expect my shipment the following week (9/19-ish). I guess we'll see.
    That doesn't sound too far fetched. I hope you do get yours in that batch. As long as I know I'll get my order, Halloween seems like a great time to get my new TP.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Mine shows Qty. Order = 1, Qty Alloc. = 1, Qty B/O = 0

Is this another useless piece of info or is my order actually moving forward. Best guess = Don't mean a thing....
    Looks like your back ordered to me!!!

Sent from my EPIC
    My guess is they just haven't gotten around to updating the info on my order yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    Looks like your back ordered to me!!!

Sent from my EPIC
    Based on?
    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Hey, my order was showing it would show up today, I called HP again and the rep said that the estimated ship date means nothing and if I haven't received it yet, the soonest I could expect it was in four weeks and the latest would be eight weeks.

This fits with what other reps had told me. So I guess, if you haven't gotten it by now you're out for at least 4 weeks.
    Oh, this is actually useful information.

IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT, then it's gonna take 4 to 8 weeks. The first part is the most definitive thing I've heard coming out of an HP CSR yet.
    I just called and was given the 6-8 weeks timeframe as well. I decided to cancel my order. I guess this is goodbye. Best of luck, guys!
    Just got an email from HP,

Dear Mr/Mrs (redacted),

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad order (redacted)
    The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. As we sold out of our existing stock very quickly, we are in the process of re-allocating stock to SMB customers. We should receive this stock within 2 weeks, at which time your order will then ship with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next 2 weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

If this delay is not acceptable and you wish to cancel your order: Please send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
    FAQ - HP TouchPad

So it seems like this is in line with what the guy told me earlier...
    untitled likes this.
    I just got that email as well. Assuming that they are actually finally telling us the truth, I should get my touchpads w/in 3 weeks. It only took them 2 weeks to tell us this!
    Just got the same email as bass...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoprofundo View Post
    Just got an email from HP,

Dear Mr/Mrs (redacted),

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad order (redacted)
    The response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. As we sold out of our existing stock very quickly, we are in the process of re-allocating stock to SMB customers. We should receive this stock within 2 weeks, at which time your order will then ship with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next 2 weeks, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, opt 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

If this delay is not acceptable and you wish to cancel your order: Please send an email to TouchPadCancel@hp.com with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
    Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
    FAQ - HP TouchPad

So it seems like this is in line with what the guy told me earlier...
    Thanks for sending that along. I know you've posted it before, but what day does HP show as your order date?
    how many have "Ship Complete: Yes". On their status page?

Joe....443..3058
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Thanks for sending that along. I know you've posted it before, but what day does HP show as your order date?
    Shows "8/20/2011"