Page 64 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
    The difference is: She works for HP. She, in fact, officially represents HP.
    Everything that's been stated here is hearsay from sales-droids who've been inundated with hostile phone calls from people screaming for their tablets.
    Can you even imagine being in their position? They have no control over the situation, no knowledge of what's going on, and no feedback from the warehouses (or even management) as to the situation, yet they are expected to deal with customers demanding to know what's going on with their orders that were placed on overloaded servers and handled by a crew staffed to handle "200 orders per day" (according to the one I politely spoke with).

Why not? They worked all weekend during the fire-sale.

FWIW: My (random and baseless) theory is some bonehead in the warehouse picked up the orders from their printer and is going from the top down (ie: backwards)... that's why some orders placed on the 21st and 22nd have been delivered (last week, check posts in the 400 range), but many (mine included) placed in the morning of the 20th have not even been taken out of "admin/processing".
    Quote Originally Posted by manormortal View Post
    #staycoolmybabies
    Yes - She works for HP.
    razorback and handar like this.
    ugh I just got charged on my cc, I don't even want another anymore. I guess illl sell it
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    ugh I just got charged on my cc, I don't even want another anymore. I guess illl sell it
    You can sell it to me if you get it.
    Or me!
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Great to see (comments) that even android users think webos is better
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I, too, am now addicted to the Touchpad. I was on another site when a "kind" soul released the news of the fire sale. My first purchase was with MicroCenter...6 p.m. order was confirmed and by 6:44 it was cancelled. I saw that ordering on the SMB was still available (32gb) only and did. When I received the email on the 22nd that my purchase had been received - I was still apprehensive but when I received the order confirmation...I went NUTS buying the accessories. Paid alittle more for some of them but I didn't have to drive around or search sites just to save $6. Now, the question is: my order number 4416xx will it make the cut or not. I purchased on the 22 but the confirmation says 23rd. Took me a couple of days to read 64 pages of "possibilities" and all I know is ... I really, really want the Touchpad. (Helps, that I dropped my laptop during the storm and blanked out the right side of my screen - lol - I swear, only me)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The thing that's killing me is that this is math. They know the number of orders they have, the number of units on-hand, and the average number of touchpads shipped per day. It's entirely possible for them to share these numbers and give a few projections, with buyer bewares and all sorts of hedging.

That they don't this implies something - either they don't want to do it, or they don't know how to do it. Either one of these is an ugly proposition.

So much for becoming a service-oriented company. They can't even handle customers wanting to buy their stuff.

-Jeff
    It's obvious to me. They shipped out what they had over a week ago. They don't have any more, and they have no clue as to how many are on the way.
    cml21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    It's obvious to me. They shipped out what they had over a week ago. They don't have any more, and they have no clue as to how many are on the way.
    Precisely. When HP posted the initial fire sale Friday night they thought they were getting lots of units back from Best Buy. They kept on accepting orders.

Saturday there were negotiations back and forth all day between HP and Best Buy. Meanwhile the HP servers kept on accepting orders. Once the decision was made late Saturday to allow BB to sell (meaning HP was not going to get the return inventory they had already sold on the servers) it was too late for HP to shut down the servers. They were already overloaded.

Come Monday someone had to decide what to do with all the orders and no inventory. I'm sure they consulted suppliers, marketing staff and their own attorneys on how to handle the mess.

HP has probably gotton more press out of this mess than they did with their first handheld consumer calculator.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Does all this talk about only orders up to the morning of 8/22 shipping apply to the phones as well? Do BrynaAtHP's tweets mean they're only working on orders up to 4AM for now and will get to the rest later, or that the rest will be cancelled?

I was one of the people who ordered a Pre2 on Monday but after the 4AM time, and I only got an order confirmation on 8/30. Status on the SMB website still says processing...
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Does all this talk about only orders up to the morning of 8/22 shipping apply to the phones as well? Do BrynaAtHP's tweets mean they're only working on orders up to 4AM for now and will get to the rest later, or that the rest will be cancelled?

I was one of the people who ordered a Pre2 on Monday but after the 4AM time, and I only got an order confirmation on 8/30. Status on the SMB website still says processing...
    From what has been said and even posted on HPs website, nothing is really confirmed until you have the shipping information. However, they said that all orders placed prior to 4am CST on the 22nd of Aug will in fact receive their orders. People with dates after that time could (I say could) be cancelled, there is no really guarantee on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Precisely. When HP posted the initial fire sale Friday night they thought they were getting lots of units back from Best Buy. They kept on accepting orders.

Saturday there were negotiations back and forth all day between HP and Best Buy. Meanwhile the HP servers kept on accepting orders. Once the decision was made late Saturday to allow BB to sell (meaning HP was not going to get the return inventory they had already sold on the servers) it was too late for HP to shut down the servers. They were already overloaded.

Come Monday someone had to decide what to do with all the orders and no inventory. I'm sure they consulted suppliers, marketing staff and their own attorneys on how to handle the mess.

HP has probably gotton more press out of this mess than they did with their first handheld consumer calculator.
    So in other words, the "2nd run" is for people that already placed an order? If so, that would suck!! But I'm willing to wait it out as long as I get one
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    So in other words, the "2nd run" is for people that already placed an order? If so, that would suck!! But I'm willing to wait it out as long as I get one
    I'm with you. I'll be patient. That was my assumption too - that HP oversold, and is (thankfully) generating more units to cover their backlog. It's not at ALL unusual for big companies to ... spin things. They *HATE* to be embarassed publicly. So I figure that's why they're not being totally upfront with their backlogged purchasers.

As far as the screwball dates and emails (or lack thereof - if it's any help, I did NOT receive an email from one of my orders, but the CSR confirmed that it's in the system and will be delivered. She just didn't say when. :-0), if in fact HP warehousing and distribution was geared for several hundred sales a day, then I have no doubt that this little fire sale totally overwhelmed them. If they sold just 100K units, that would put them behind the curve for weeks. And their automated email system, and shipping info, is all programmed for a general quick response to an order.

I figure at BEST a few weeks before most of us actually receive encouraging news and/or deliveries.
    Well, I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but I called HP today about my "In limbo" order.

I don't know where you see "admin" status on your order, mine just looks like this:

Order #: 0######## Order Date/Time: 08/20/2011 12:06:32 AM
    Customer # H##### Estimated Ship Date: 08/25/2011
    Customer PO #: 4###### Estimated Delivery Date: 08/25/2011
    Associated Order #: 000000000 Credit Approval Date: 08/20/2011
    Invoice#(s) :

The very nice rep said that she doesn't see anything wrong with my order and a new shipment was going out next week. It is definitely NOT canceled. I'm not too worried about it, but she did say that they weren't getting any more accessories in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    The 500,000-1,000,000 number is beyond absurd and their reference is "industry sources". I call BS on that one... they threw that in there for page hits.

As to the rest of the article, the only part worth even mentioning is the quote from Shaw Wu (assuming he's the one who shows up in a google search, they don't link to any information on him) that confirms the speculation going on in this forum:

“While the company is stating it is doing so to satisfy stronger than expected demand, our checks with supply chain sources indicate another reason may be to fulfill commitments to component suppliers and manufacturing partners,”
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had that same thought about HP's contracts with there manufacturing partners. Could be a good omen.
    At this point, while still addicted to these threads and to checking my order status, I completely am prepared to wait until the end of September before I freak out. i am not buying anything at all for them right now in terms of chargers, cases, etc but I am reading everything I need to know to overclock these things, get full admin access, and watching all of the Android development.
    fwinst and cml21 like this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    At this point, while still addicted to these threads and to checking my order status, I completely am prepared to wait until the end of September before I freak out. i am not buying anything at all for them right now in terms of chargers, cases, etc but I am reading everything I need to know to overclock these things, get full admin access, and watching all of the Android development.
    I guess I'm the opposite. Actually I was like you till last night, but I really wanted a case and wasn't seeing too many opportunities any more to get one, so I grabbed one from the H&HO store yesterday with the 25% coupon.

But I was joking with someone yesterday that I've never known so much about a product that I've never touched. But I think I'm just going to slow down on that. I don't see much point till I can put my hands on one and start doing things. It's just too frustrating.
    I was going to buy an envy 14, but decided to get a macbook pro