Page 63 of 185 FirstFirst ... 13 535859606162636465666768 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    ^^^^ Same here, I have the case and touchstone... Just empty... I still have the expected ship date of Sept 6th...
    at least you have a new ship date, mine was supposed to have been shipped 8/22 and received 8/23. never changed haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    Wow, all you guys ordering accessories must be way more confident that me that this will go through. Ordered 8/20, order 4387xxx currently in Admin B/O. My gut feeling is that I have about a 50-60% chance of getting it. If I trusted HP to allocate additional units to existing SMB orders first and fill them in order I would feel a lot better, but I'm just not confident that will happen.
    Agreed, the fact that my friend who ordered on 8/24 has a ship date, and I (who ordere on 8/20) do not, makes me feel like things are so F'd up at HP right now, they are no filling orders on a first come first served basis....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    @BrynaAtHP
    Bryna Corcoran
    The US SMB team is working to fulfill orders made prior to Monday, August 22nd at 4am CT

Expect an email in the next 48 hrs updating you on delivery dates if you made that cut off time. Sounds like a shipping delay of a few wks.
    Latest... Not really anything we didn't already know...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    @BrynaAtHP
    Bryna Corcoran
    Regarding: Credit Cards being re-authorized: "Banking processes re-authorize credit holds every 7 days until the time of purchase. "
    More...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    If HP can get the emails out in the next 48 hours, I will be a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
    We might possibly get some actual "news" here shortly...
    Wow, she just said on twitter that we should all be getting an email in the next 48 hours updating us on delivery dates and whether or not we made the cut-off times, and adds, "Sounds like a shipping delay of a few weeks".

Is this like the other "48-hour" email we were going to get a few days ago via a CSR.

An earlier tweet said she "mail bombed" HP people to get some answers - so far it sounds to me as though she's just parroting the same thing that the CSRs have been telling us for days or what's already been put on the FAQ.

She's said nothing that's not already been said on this board this whole week.

48-hours - that puts us into the weekend - so is she saying they'll be working on the weekend to get us these emails? 0_o
    tackhouse1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    my delivery date has changed everyday since Monday, and the delivery day is the current date. I think it's just automatic now. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, I don't.

This is one of the reasons I didn't pull the trigger on a touchstone charger.
    Expected shipping date has changes a few times the last few days. My current status says I should be getting it today.....NOT! No delivery confirmation # yet = (
    Last edited by algee650; 09/01/2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    Wow, all you guys ordering accessories must be way more confident that me that this will go through. Ordered 8/20, order 4387xxx currently in Admin B/O. My gut feeling is that I have about a 50-60% chance of getting it. If I trusted HP to allocate additional units to existing SMB orders first and fill them in order I would feel a lot better, but I'm just not confident that will happen.
    What was your requested ship date?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    And they still haven't answered the biggest question. Will they fulfill the SMB orders placed before their deadline of 4AM Monday prior to offering more for sale in the H&HO store? I know this question must have been asked of her multiple times. The fact that it continues to not be addressed is highly disconcerting.
    slusmiles and cml21 like this.
    The only positive that I take from Bryna's latest tweets is that at least some of the new units will apparently go to SMB. Hopefully there will be enough to go around.
    48-hours - that puts us into the weekend - so is she saying they'll be working on the weekend to get us these emails? 0_o[/QUOTE]

That will be the next big drama... "it's been 48 hours since that message and I don't have an email from HP... Does that mean my order has been cancelled?"

These folks are masters of intrigue.
    raraku likes this.
    #staycoolmybabies
    slusmiles likes this.
    What's frustrating to me is that my order shows up as being placed on 8/21 at approximately 3pm. I placed the order sometime in the morning on 8/20. I really feel like being pushed out to that time puts me so close to the cutoff that I am likely not going to receive one. It was a great deal, so I don't regret trying for it, but I am certainly going to regret the time I've spent obsessively following the status of it.

It's my own fault. And I'm sure there are many others who had the same thing happen with their order confirmations as well.

What really blows my mind is that HP didn't ease into lower pricing for the TP. Instead, it seemed (from the outside) like a knee jerk reaction to poor sales and they just threw up their hands, declared WebOS dead, and the fire sale was on. There wasn't any planning behind it.

People really want a quality tablet at a good price - not everyone wants to spend $600-800 to get a tablet. Reduce your margins on the hardware and aim to make that up in the long term with your app store.

Had they tested the waters at a slightly lower price point, I will bet they would have seen some renewed interest and increased sales. Instead, they just took a flying leap into the abyss, and wound up with the situation we're looking at now.

I know there's so much more to it, but I really think this whole thing was not thought through very well, and that seems unusual for a successful company.
    I thought I was getting a touch pad when I got the email confirmation from HPSB but I'm starring to doubt it. Oh Well was looking forward to a little web os but guess I might have to get the day after thanksgiving android tablet. Guess I'll just wait and see. One things for sure I'll never buy an HP product after this. Alright I will if they starting clearing out laptops at 99 bucks a pop but after that I'm Done, Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    What's frustrating to me is that my order shows up as being placed on 8/21 at approximately 3pm. I placed the order sometime in the morning on 8/20. .
    Same here. Ordered on the 21st at 2:30am but my order states the 22nd
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Here is my update , I had two orders on August 23rd . One got cancelled the other went thru. I just confirmed it by calling them.

The tricky part with my cancelled order is the Touchstone charger. I had a charger along with two TPs. They have no idea how to deal with this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Just hilarious. I decided to call HP to change the credit card number on my order. I gave them a card that will expire at the end of Sept. and I'm worried that with the delay it might not ship until after that. So I'm too lazy to try to find the 888 number that was posted, so I call the 866 number listed on my confirmation email.

So I wait about 30 minutes on hold and finally someone answers. Too bad I forgot that when I put my phone on speaker, I also put it on mute. Before I could figure that out, the other side hung up on me.

So this time I take a few minutes to find the 888 number that was posted. I call and get someone right away. I explain that I need to change the card on my order and he says he has to transfer me to order management. Yep, put me right back in the same queue I was in before on the 866 number. FML!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Wow, she just said on twitter that we should all be getting an email in the next 48 hours updating us on delivery dates and whether or not we made the cut-off times, and adds, "Sounds like a shipping delay of a few weeks".

Is this like the other "48-hour" email we were going to get a few days ago via a CSR.

An earlier tweet said she "mail bombed" HP people to get some answers - so far it sounds to me as though she's just parroting the same thing that the CSRs have been telling us for days or what's already been put on the FAQ.

She's said nothing that's not already been said on this board this whole week.
    The difference is: She works for HP. She, in fact, officially represents HP.
    Everything that's been stated here is hearsay from sales-droids who've been inundated with hostile phone calls from people screaming for their tablets.
    Can you even imagine being in their position? They have no control over the situation, no knowledge of what's going on, and no feedback from the warehouses (or even management) as to the situation, yet they are expected to deal with customers demanding to know what's going on with their orders that were placed on overloaded servers and handled by a crew staffed to handle "200 orders per day" (according to the one I politely spoke with).

Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    48-hours - that puts us into the weekend - so is she saying they'll be working on the weekend to get us these emails? 0_o
    Why not? They worked all weekend during the fire-sale.

FWIW: My (random and baseless) theory is some bonehead in the warehouse picked up the orders from their printer and is going from the top down (ie: backwards)... that's why some orders placed on the 21st and 22nd have been delivered (last week, check posts in the 400 range), but many (mine included) placed in the morning of the 20th have not even been taken out of "admin/processing".
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    What's frustrating to me is that my order shows up as being placed on 8/21 at approximately 3pm. I placed the order sometime in the morning on 8/20. I really feel like being pushed out to that time puts me so close to the cutoff that I am likely not going to receive one. It was a great deal, so I don't regret trying for it, but I am certainly going to regret the time I've spent obsessively following the status of it.

It's my own fault. And I'm sure there are many others who had the same thing happen with their order confirmations as well.

What really blows my mind is that HP didn't ease into lower pricing for the TP. Instead, it seemed (from the outside) like a knee jerk reaction to poor sales and they just threw up their hands, declared WebOS dead, and the fire sale was on. There wasn't any planning behind it.

People really want a quality tablet at a good price - not everyone wants to spend $600-800 to get a tablet. Reduce your margins on the hardware and aim to make that up in the long term with your app store.

Had they tested the waters at a slightly lower price point, I will bet they would have seen some renewed interest and increased sales. Instead, they just took a flying leap into the abyss, and wound up with the situation we're looking at now.

I know there's so much more to it, but I really think this whole thing was not thought through very well, and that seems unusual for a successful company.
    Well, they did lower the price points by $100 (I think that's what it was), and it still didn't budge. I also think that the WebOS decision was being considered long before, maybe before the tablet was even released. Things like this are like a freight train, it takes awhile to get up to speed and to slowdown too.

When Palm came out with the WebOS, I thought it was going to be the only real competitor to Apple's, then, iPhone OS - it just had a lot of potential. But when the first Pre's came out, I recall a lot of reports about poor hardware quality and the apps just weren't there. On top of that, Palm was struggling and everyone knew it, which, when considering dropping a couple hundred bucks can discourage a potential buyer - sales were slow.

HP comes in and I once again thought, OK, this is what they needed, a major player to make some headway. Unfortunately Android already had a solid foothold and was rocketing upwards with apps being added at an exponential rate.

HP finally releases a WebOS tablet and lets face it, when compared to the competition, it just wasn't in the same league. From what I've read, it seemed even WebOS wasn't quite ready when the tablet was released.

WebOS should have had a better market share, but timing and the market environment just weren't in it's favor. What I personally liked about WebOS is that it is it's own OS, not a copy of Apple's iOS like Android is whether you admit it or not (sure, subsequent builds have started to differentiate it, but it wouldn't have gotten there with out emulating the iPhone OS - but I digress).

Now, all that being said, my admiration for WebOS was just that. I work on a Mac and have an iPhone and really love the integration. I would eventually have gotten an iPad, maybe next year, maybe - I'm just not willing to shell out $500+. Suddenly there's an opportunity to get a Tablet for $100, so here I am.

My point is that I would not have purchased a WebOS device had they not been selling them for $100. I think if they had lowered them to $200 instead I probably would not be here. In fact, it took me a little while to convince myself to go after this deal. When you just look at the TP hardware specs w/o comparing them to competition, it really isn't a slouch (I believe the build cost if the 16GB is ~$350), and OMG - my Kindle cost me $139 - that kinda did it for me. Ironically, I went out and spent an additional $100 on accessories - got kinda caught up in it all.

I too feel much like you regarding the amount if time I've spent on this - especially since until this all came up, I was quite content in waiting for a year or more before actually getting a tablet. We're funny little creatures