Page 57 of 185 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    I don't understand why people keep calling. If you are in the system and they have sufficient stock once they get to your order you will get one. It is pretty obvious from this thread that anything else the CSR tells you on the phone is BS. We don't have answers to the real questions like 1. Have they already shipped all they have? My gut feeling and searching a lot of order numbers tells me yes, but I don't really know. 2. When HP says SMB won't be getting any more do they mean they won't be offering any more for sale or that we are all out of luck? I hope the former, but I'm not real confident about that. 3. When will more come in, if at all? 4. Why doesn't HP just level with us?
    Syndil likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Have you tried doing it this way:

Go to shopping1.hp.com

On the top click CONTACT HP

On the next page choose ORDER STATUS in the middle of the screen, not from the top.
    Doing this for me results in:
    Order number is not found in the Vista. Please contact an Account Rep or Manager for more information

EDIT: Solved this. If you want to get back to that original order status screen, when it says the Vista error, copy your new order number and insert it into that URL, and it will load up
    Last edited by Zorn; 08/31/2011 at 11:23 AM.
    I just called them, needed to update my credit card to a different one.

answer to rghilliard :
    1. sold out probably have shipped what they could.
    2. probably not going to offer it again, but they do have another production run in 6-8 weeks estimated.
    3. 6-8 weeks
    4. probably unsure of what they are going to do
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    I don't understand why people keep calling. If you are in the system and they have sufficient stock once they get to your order you will get one. It is pretty obvious from this thread that anything else the CSR tells you on the phone is BS. We don't have answers to the real questions like 1. Have they already shipped all they have? My gut feeling and searching a lot of order numbers tells me yes, but I don't really know. 2. When HP says SMB won't be getting any more do they mean they won't be offering any more for sale or that we are all out of luck? I hope the former, but I'm not real confident about that. 3. When will more come in, if at all? 4. Why doesn't HP just level with us?
    I think HP doesn't really know how to handle this...that's why there making more HP units. If you don't get one in the next few days you will prob get it within the next couple months.
    My Country for the status of my order.. a real status
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    My Country for the status of my order.. a real status
    Your order status: Limbo.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Quote Originally Posted by devoidz View Post
    2. probably not going to offer it again, but they do have another production run in 6-8 weeks estimated.
    My concern is how they will allocate those additional units that are being produced as well as those that were already in the supply chain (slow boat from China). Since they have stated that Home and SMB are separate operations with separate inventories, internal politics or other factors at HP may determine how many, if any, of this future inventory is allocated to SMB to fill our orders and how many are sent to Home for round 2. Logic says we would get first dibs, but what about this has been logical?

I'm not really surprised that they decided to continue limited production since there were likely large quantities of parts on hand and not likely much of a market for just the parts. I'm sure there were also contracts with suppliers that they couldn't simply get out of on a whim. It would be very interesting to see how this plays out if I wasn't so emotionally attached to the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    I think HP doesn't really know how to handle this...that's why there making more HP units. If you don't get one in the next few days you will prob get it within the next couple months.
    I don't think that's why they're building more units. The written off the loss on these units. I believe the cost build was estimated to be ~$350 per unit, it wouldn't make any sense to build more units just to lose more money. I believe the reason they are building these additional units is a business decision that is related to their component supply, i.e. they already had the parts, they just weren't assembled and since they probably hadn't anticipated this kind of demand, were going to just take the lose. That means they would have had to offload the parts, which undoubtedly included its own cost considerations i.e. shipping, storage, and possibly disposal - not a free enterprise.

However, with a demand for these units clearly being what it is, HP now has a means to offload these components from their supply chain. HP likely came to the conclusion that the cost of completing the manufacture of these TPs is either cheaper or equal to the costs associated with keeping these components in their supply change. There may also be contractual considerations with the manufacturing plants, which may have included a "minimum" production volume.

HP is also a big company, and its recent decisions to drop or spinoff its PC biz is a major deal. This whole TP thing is most likely more of an annoyance to them then anything else. I'm quite sure HP is fully aware that the majority of orders through their SMB are probably not going to be repeat customers. Plus, since their spinning that business off to focus on enterprise, I don't see the SMB sales unit much less the Home sales unit existing when the change is made.

Quick - how many of you are would be enterprise purchasers? And if you're in that kind of $$, why are you quacking about $99 bucks trying to get an HP - addicted to a great deal?

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I keep seeing comments like "they've lost me as a customer" or some such. I'm sure this is not ideal for HP, but I also don't see some guy in upper management running around with his hair on fire, in tears, and desperately looking for a cubby hole to hide in. If I was that guy, I'd be worried about my "regular" SMB customers with purchase histories before the HP "fire sale".

Oh, and this is the first actual HP purchase I've ever made, scratch that, attempted. And now I'll never be an HP customer again
    cml21 likes this.
    just checked the status of my order...they changed the planned shipment date 8/27 and planned arrival date 8/30 by one day (8/28 and 8/31)??? but still no shipment # or actual ship date

whatever...at least they didn't cancel it

*waiting anxiously*
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    I don't think that's why they're building more units. The written off the loss on these units. I believe the cost build was estimated to be ~$350 per unit, it wouldn't make any sense to build more units just to lose more money. I believe the reason they are building these additional units is a business decision that is related to their component supply, i.e. they already had the parts, they just weren't assembled and since they probably hadn't anticipated this kind of demand, were going to just take the lose. That means they would have had to offload the parts, which undoubtedly included its own cost considerations i.e. shipping, storage, and possibly disposal - not a free enterprise.

However, with a demand for these units clearly being what it is, HP now has a means to offload these components from their supply chain. HP likely came to the conclusion that the cost of completing the manufacture of these TPs is either cheaper or equal to the costs associated with keeping these components in their supply change. There may also be contractual considerations with the manufacturing plants, which may have included a "minimum" production volume.

HP is also a big company, and its recent decisions to drop or spinoff its PC biz is a major deal. This whole TP thing is most likely more of an annoyance to them then anything else. I'm quite sure HP is fully aware that the majority of orders through their SMB are probably not going to be repeat customers. Plus, since their spinning that business off to focus on enterprise, I don't see the SMB sales unit much less the Home sales unit existing when the change is made.

Quick - how many of you are would be enterprise purchasers? And if you're in that kind of $$, why are you quacking about $99 bucks trying to get an HP - addicted to a great deal?

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I keep seeing comments like "they've lost me as a customer" or some such. I'm sure this is not ideal for HP, but I also don't see some guy in upper management running around with his hair on fire, in tears, and desperately looking for a cubby hole to hide in. If I was that guy, I'd be worried about my "regular" SMB customers with purchase histories before the HP "fire sale".

Oh, and this is the first actual HP purchase I've ever made, scratch that, attempted. And now I'll never be an HP customer again
    I think that this is not a decision based on losing us as customers, as much as it's about how larger corporations might view how HP handles the situation. If I run a company, say General Mills, I'm looking at this situation in a couple of ways. First, customer service, how concerned is HP with satisfying their customers? Second, why should I trust HP to create and service an order management system based on what is happening with their own? HP is going to have to show potential clients what they've learned, and how they would fix the system. I think Leo and his staff just got a nice hard wake-up slap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    Order number is not found in the Vista. Please contact an Account Rep or Manager for more information

EDIT: Solved this. If you want to get back to that original order status screen, when it says the Vista error, copy your new order number and insert it into that URL, and it will load up
    Good find!

When I last checked this nearly a week ago, the line item detail had my unit as back ordered, now it says allocated. Still not shipped though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Good find!

When I last checked this nearly a week ago, the line item detail had my unit as back ordered, now it says allocated. Still not shipped though.
    Yeah mine is Qty allocated:1 , so hoping thats a good sign. I also just got recharged on my card by HP.
    My pending charge is back today. Still includes shipping even though the shipping charge has been removed from my order when I do and inquiry. I thought this was a good sign yesterday when it was happening to others, but I now think it is just more HP weirdness that doesn't mean anything. If I had used a debit card I would really be angry that they were tying up my funds for possibly weeks for something that may never ship.

Still B/O for me, no Alloc. Order 4387xxx.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I think everyone should take a break from calling HP and just let it happen! There is nothing anyone can to make this process faster

Sent from my EPIC
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Mine has shown allocated from the first day the order detail was available to me. But I still don't have a second charge on my card yet.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I have responsibilities for enterprise purchases. That doesn't mean I'm spending my money when I do it. This TP purchase is my money. That's why I care.

I'll tell you a story. I once made a decision on a backup solution for the company I was working for. I spent countless hours researching my choice. When I finally had the right solution I then had to sell it to upper management to get funding. Our purchasing department sent off the P.O. and I waited. I waited 8 weeks before the company finally told me they would be unable to deliver the product.

Wanna guess if I ever did business with them again?

I am an enterprise purchaser. I own a Web Hosting and IT consulting firm of 12 employee's. I currently have HP servers in my data center and was contemplating getting more in the next 3 months as my clientele is expanding. On top of this when I have clients needing new servers I look towards 2 companies.

Why am I quacking? Because this is personal money not company. There is a big difference.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post

Doesn't work for me. That's why I wanted to see what the url looks like when it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Doesn't work for me. That's why I wanted to see what the url looks like when it does work.
    The URL is identical with exception to the order number. When you are pasting in your new order number, make sure you are adding a 0 as the first number. That might be what's making it not work for you.

nope