Page 54 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4 444950515253545556575859 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I made three orders Saturday night within two hours of each other. Until Sunday when i received email from HP I wasn't sure if any of them had gone through.

I just checked and the last two have the shipping date removed. The first one still had today listed as the shipping date.

I wonder if someone is reviewing this and saying "We'll send his first order and let him wait for the other two." It would be equitable and I could have no basis for objection. If they did this, maybe they will also short ship those who ordered multiple units. It would be a fair and sane solution.
    And the portion in bold print tells you exactly why there is no way HP would do it that way.
    My order was suppose to ship today, however I never got any tracking info, I wonder what that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    And the portion in bold print tells you exactly why there is no way HP would do it that way.
    I would be shocked if HP doesn't have both in-house and out-house counsel viewing this.

There are so many buyers that a class action lawsuit has to be considered.

From a legal point, the question is, was the web site an offer, which once accepted forms a contract, or was it an invitation to accept offers, which HP would then have to accept to have a contract. If that is the case, did HP's email acceptance complete the contract?

If the market rate is, for example, $250 on Ebay, and HP promised to deliver for $99, in a lawsuit HP might have to pay each undelivered buyer on the website $150 in damages.

If you think there are no class action lawyers already looking at this, you don't know how these kind of lawyers make a living.
  4. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My "Friday night" HP.com order showed up today via fedex. It wasn't even taped shut in the shipping box.. and fedex delivered it to my neighbor instead.

They tried their darndest to not get it to me!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    My order was suppose to ship today, however I never got any tracking info, I wonder what that means.
    Absolutely nothing. Just like it is for most of the other orders that haven't shipped yet. The only time that shipping date will actually mean something is when you get a shipping confirmation and/or a tracking number. Until that point...keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Absolutely nothing. Just like it is for most of the other orders that haven't shipped yet. The only time that shipping date will actually mean something is when you get a shipping confirmation and/or a tracking number. Until that point...keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.
    Damn, I was excited when the shipping date changed to what I was told on the phone last week. o well.
    Well, my Neobits order just got canceled. That was my backup plan in case HP canceled me.

Blech.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    kailess likes this.
    Don't worry ... We will hear from HP "in the coming weeks"

Serious note though, my order 0305385xx has not shipped yet. Ordered Sat 8/20 evening, was supposed to ship out 8/25, new date shows 9/3.

Strange thing is the order status link in my confirmation email is no longer being updated, still shows 8/25. I have to use the HP order status link on their page to see the new date. For those who are not seeing updates, are you using the order status link in your email or the one on HP's site directly?
    New update on my order. This one is dated for tomorrow 08/31/2011. Now the planned delivering date says: Date to follow.

Order Date 08/21/2011
    Order Number: 4396xxx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    New update on my order. This one is dated for tomorrow 08/31/2011. Now the planned delivering date says: Date to follow.

Order Date 08/21/2011
    Order Number: 4396xxx
    Mine says Date Will Follow now. Still have no idea what that means.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    My order just showed updated at 31-Aug-2011 01:58 GMT. Damned if I can see any new information. I've looked at ever scrap, don't see a single byte changed.

Somebody at HP must be having a real laugh about this all.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Mine says Date Will Follow now. Still have no idea what that means.
    My order was changed to Date Will Follow too...
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    My order was changed to Date Will Follow too...
    Mine also says Date Will Follow now. At least it's an update. My status had been the same since I made the order last Saturday.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NSA View Post
    My "Friday night" HP.com order showed up today via fedex. It wasn't even taped shut in the shipping box.. and fedex delivered it to my neighbor instead.

They tried their darndest to not get it to me!
    The UPS guy got here the latest he ever has with anything I have received, it was like 7:30. For a minute I wanted to cry because I didn't think it was coming. Best Buy put it in a plastic bag, worst packaging ever for something so expensive.
    Ok, I got some questions.

Can some one guestimate when I placed my order by phone with an order number of 4435xxx?

I have used the order status page with dates from the 19th to 25th. All I recall is that I called it in, got the CSR name. Then called back about 4 hours later and confirmed the order with another CSR. I ordered an unlocked Pre2 and a Verizon Pre2. I've gotten no email confirmation and can't get thru on phone.
    Mine changed to "date will follow" as well tonight. First change I've seen at all on it. Order 439xxxx
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Mine changed to "date will follow" as well tonight. First change I've seen at all on it. Order 439xxxx
    No way of knowing for sure. If you go HERE and put your number in the top line, and put the date you think you ordered in the date field, you'll get the date they entered your order into the system. To be honest, that date is the only one that matters.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I would be shocked if HP doesn't have both in-house and out-house counsel viewing this.

There are so many buyers that a class action lawsuit has to be considered.

From a legal point, the question is, was the web site an offer, which once accepted forms a contract, or was it an invitation to accept offers, which HP would then have to accept to have a contract. If that is the case, did HP's email acceptance complete the contract?

If the market rate is, for example, $250 on Ebay, and HP promised to deliver for $99, in a lawsuit HP might have to pay each undelivered buyer on the website $150 in damages.

If you think there are no class action lawyers already looking at this, you don't know how these kind of lawyers make a living.
    Your logic is flawed. A manufacture suggested retail price does not mean someone has to sell it at $99.99. Look at Staples. When they still had it up they were selling the 16gb at $129.99. Just because a MSRP says one thing doesn't mean a retailer has to abide by it. They have the option to sell it for more and risk losing sales because theirs is more expensive but there is nothing from keeping them from doing that.
    CDINCA likes this.
    No way of knowing for sure. If you go HERE and put your number in the top line, and put the date you think you ordered in the date field, you'll get the date they entered your order into the system. To be honest, that date is the only one that matters.
    Heh. Methinks you quoted the wrong post. SMB Dementia has its grip upon you!!
    Thanks. Following your instructions, I found my order. Had not tried that combination before.