Page 53 of 185 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
  1. chad783's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #1041  
    I am going to try their online chat service and see what response I get from them. Hopefully it is better than the 20% chance that I got from the CS support on the phone. I will post the transcript IF I get through.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
  2. IamReady's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1042  
    I was at my local Walmart and wondered through the Electronics department. What do you know, they still had a TP demo unit out! After about 20 minutes of negotiating, I now own a 32Gb demo unit for $125...It's time to call "The Doctor"!!!
    IamReady
    <><

    Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

    Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

    Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    algee650 likes this.
  3. #1043  
    I have an HP order # and a web order #
    ______________________________
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  4. #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
    I was at my local Walmart and wondered through the Electronics department. What do you know, they still had a TP demo unit out! After about 20 minutes of negotiating, I now own a 32Gb demo unit for $125...It's time to call "The Doctor"!!!
    very nice!
  5. #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I did an chat session with a "pre-sales" rep at SMB and they said that my TP had shipped and should arrive tomorrow. (Which is what the Order Status screen has said for a week.) Normally, I'd be excited. However, my credit card still shows no charge from HP...not even in Pending. I asked for a tracking number and they referred me to the customer service number. Now I'm back to being on hold, thankful for speakerphones.
    I wouldn't be too excited. It sounds like your "pre-sales" rep was just reading from the order status page themself. The TouchPad FAQ on HP's blog states:

    When inventory has been allocated the status will change to “shipped.” Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the order status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You can only be certain that we have identified a unit to fulfill your order once the order status shows a shipment tracking number.
  6. #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    I have an HP order # and a web order #
    Do you know where I could find my HP order #? my confirmation email just contained the following:

    Customer Account Number: H97xxx
    Web Order Number: 4382xxx
    Customer PO Number: 4382xxx
    Order Date: 08/20/2011
    Carrier: VF3-ECON VALUE FRT
  7. midas69's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
    Do you know where I could find my HP order #? my confirmation email just contained the following:

    Customer Account Number: H97xxx
    Web Order Number: 4382xxx
    Customer PO Number: 4382xxx
    Order Date: 08/20/2011
    Carrier: VF3-ECON VALUE FRT
    It looks like this order was placed at Home & Home Office rather than SMB.
  8. #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    It looks like this order was placed at Home & Home Office rather than SMB.
    can I ask what makes you say that? I know that I placed it via the SMB site.
  9. #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    It looks like this order was placed at Home & Home Office rather than SMB.
    This is how mine looked too. To get the HP Order # go here: https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public...29&display.y=1

    and put in the Web Order number and the date of order and it should show you some info.
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
    I was at my local Walmart and wondered through the Electronics department. What do you know, they still had a TP demo unit out! After about 20 minutes of negotiating, I now own a 32Gb demo unit for $125...It's time to call "The Doctor"!!!
    I saw one yesterday but it didn't look like is was worth purchasing.
    They also had 5 touchstones and a few folio cases. Only reason those would still be there is if the MGR didn't want to price match.
  11. #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by uaphysio View Post
    This is how mine looked too. To get the HP Order # go here: https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public...29&display.y=1

    and put in the Web Order number and the date of order and it should show you some info.
    that worked hp order # 3058xxxx
  12. midas69's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
    can I ask what makes you say that? I know that I placed it via the SMB site.
    Looked like it based on the H in the customer number. But the order number looks like SMB. Glad to see you figured it out. Guess I was wrong.
  13. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
    can I ask what makes you say that? I know that I placed it via the SMB site.
    Probably because your Customer Acct # starts with an "H". In your order confirmation email, in the message, right under the heading "Confirmation of your HP order", you should see a line that reads, "Hewlett-Packard Receipt of 03xxxxxxx ordered on 08/2x/2011. That 9 digit number is the number your HP order #.
  14. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I just called HP. Given my order on Saturday night I look good. He said an email will be going out on all orders tomorrow.

    They should be getting 25k units in. If your order is high enough on the totem pole you will get one of those. If not, you will have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until they get the remainder of the units from Asia.

    Good for some, bad news for most, I suspect.
    Not that we can trust the order status system but from what I can see, it looks like they've delivered or shipped up to around order #30535823. IF that is the case, 25k units should get us to somewhere in the area of order #30560000. That's just a WAG given the status of the status system. If that's correct, it should bring us to orders placed sometime on 8/22.

    ...Wow, I need to get a life.
  15. midas69's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Not that we can trust the order status system but from what I can see, it looks like they've delivered or shipped up to around order #30535823. IF that is the case, 25k units should get us to somewhere in the area of order #30560000. That's just a WAG given the status of the status system. If that's correct, it should bring us to orders placed sometime on 8/22.

    ...Wow, I need to get a life.
    Interesting numbers. My order number is 30562xxx, so I'd be close if your guess is right. My order was placed about 6AM on the 21st. The good news, not all order numbers are valid. Some in sequence are missing. The bad news, many of those orders in front of me are for multiple units.

    At this point I'm convinced, you never catch the dragon.
    beasty43 likes this.
  16. #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Not that we can trust the order status system but from what I can see, it looks like they've delivered or shipped up to around order #30535823. IF that is the case, 25k units should get us to somewhere in the area of order #30560000. That's just a WAG given the status of the status system. If that's correct, it should bring us to orders placed sometime on 8/22.

    ...Wow, I need to get a life.
    My 2 orders are 30578xxxx and 30598xxx that both had confirmation emails of approximately 7:30 and 10:30pm on 8/20. Haven't heard a thing since the confirmation emails and the charges dropping off early last week
  17. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #1057  
    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    My 2 orders are 30578xxxx and 30598xxx that both had confirmation emails of approximately 7:30 and 10:30pm on 8/20. Haven't heard a thing since the confirmation emails and the charges dropping off early last week
    Well, there goes that theory. The 4xxxxxx numbers are messed up too. I've seen orders with numbers before mine that have order dates 3 days after mine. Nevermind, they'll get here when they get here......maybe.

    EDIT: Added thought here. If neither number can be used in a numerical order that does not require the use of Quantumm Physics or the Chaos theory, how exactly do they release these orders in a manner that is fair and effective??? Just askin'
    Last edited by fwinst; 08/30/2011 at 08:32 PM.
  18. #1058  
    Yep. I've seen people with numbers way after mine get theirs or at least get shipping info. This is maddening hahaha. Seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason for any of this! At least, if I don't get my touchpads, I won't be stuck with accessories because you can't find them anywhere!
  19. #1059  
    I made three orders Saturday night within two hours of each other. Until Sunday when i received email from HP I wasn't sure if any of them had gone through.

    I just checked and the last two have the shipping date removed. The first one still had today listed as the shipping date.

    I wonder if someone is reviewing this and saying "We'll send his first order and let him wait for the other two." It would be equitable and I could have no basis for objection. If they did this, maybe they will also short ship those who ordered multiple units. It would be a fair and sane solution.
    fwinst likes this.
  20. #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Well, there goes that theory. The 4xxxxxx numbers are messed up too. I've seen orders with numbers before mine that have order dates 3 days after mine. Nevermind, they'll get here when they get here......maybe.

    EDIT: Added thought here. If neither number can be used in a numerical order that does not require the use of Quantumm Physics or the Chaos theory, how exactly do they release these orders in a manner that is fair and effective??? Just askin'
    I think your post basically sums up the situation perfectly. Everything that is said contradicts the thing that came before it, everything we think we know is proven wrong 5 minutes after we think we know it, everything that makes sense is the opposite of how HP is handling this. The order numbers mean nothing. The dates mean nothing. The order status updates mean nothing. And as far as I'm concerned, any announcement or statement HP makes means nothing until we actually see it happen. What a total cluster uhh, I mean total mess.

Posting Permissions