Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Oktoberfest, Munich???? What a blast! I've been there twice.
    First time for me. Going with a couple friends who went last year and had such a great time that they're going again this year, dragging a few newbies with them...
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Did you receive an order confirmation? Did you order on 8/21 at 2am or is that the time your confirmation said you ordered. Many people have said they ordered before 8/22 @2am. However, their orders were not processed until after the 4am cutoff. Just wondering if that's the case with you. News sucks in any case.
    Ordered on the 21st...ordered date 22nd...and date requested 23rd...***?!

I might just call to see if I received this email in error.....with the hope that the rep will say "oh, you're right...ok, we'll go ahead and ship it out to you ASAP"
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    First time for me. Going with a couple friends who went last year and had such a great time that they're going again this year, dragging a few newbies with them...
    You will not believe the size of the tents. HUGE. Try different beers. You'll have to go to different tents. The people are wild. I've never been around that many HAPPY drunk people. I can't remember any fights. You'd never get away with that here. Litre sized beer mugs...OMG!!!

EDIT: Man...I'm really jealous now.
    I saw the UPS truck coming up my street. It stopped right accross from me....my heart started to pound in my chest....I waived at the delivery guy.....he went into the back of the truck to get the package....went to the house across the street.....came out, got in the diver's seat and kept on going.

Ah well. Cheap excitement for a minute or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I saw the UPS truck coming up my street. It stopped right accross from me....my heart started to pound in my chest....I waived at the delivery guy.....he went into the back of the truck to get the package....went to the house across the street.....came out, got in the diver's seat and kept on going.

Ah well. Cheap excitement for a minute or two.
    hehehe I always feel a little dorky and a little embarrassed when I go out to greet the UPS/FedEx guy when I'm expecting a package, but I know exactly how you may feel.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    ***UPDATE***

Finally broke down and called HP at 888-728-9985 and after I told him that I ordered the TP on the 23rd and received the cancellation email BUT did receive a confirmation email 8 hours later, he said that I would have a 20% chance that it would go through. My shipment date is today with a delivery date of the 2nd. So it doesn't show canceled on the order status so I might still get it. He said there there were some people that did receive the TP's already and they ordered them on the 22nd. "Stranger things have happened"
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I just called to ask about the new pending charge on my c/c. It's just another soft hold put on the card to make sure there is enough money in your bank account. It doesn't mean my TP is shipping anytime soon. This hold could possibly fall off my c/c account and a new hold could be placed later on. Basically, it sounds like we just have to wait around until we finally get shipping notification emails before we get excited about anything.
    Argh. I'm going to try as hard as I can to break free of this thread and stop looking at my order status obsessively.

Wish me luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    I told him that I ordered the TP on the 23rd and received the cancellation email BUT did receive a confirmation email 8 hours later, he said that I would have a 20% chance
    Based on the logic we've seen so far, if you've got a 20% chance for an order on the 23rd, then I must have a -234234234234% chance for my order on the 21st.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    algee650 and fwinst like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Bad news, HP will be handling the beer distribution for Oktoberfest this year
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Argh. I'm going to try as hard as I can to break free of this thread and stop looking at my order status obsessively.

Wish me luck.
    See you in a few minutes!
    tackhouse1 and fwinst like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post

Wish me luck.
    haha...you and me both. on hold with hp now, and constantly refreshing my order status
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Just gave a ring. He said as long as it was placed before the 4am cutoff time I would get mine in a few weeks. I asked is that the case even though my confirmation and both order status screens have different dates and times? He said dont worrie about that your good.

Grain of salt!
    Well. Something weird happened with my bank account.

I ordered a 32gb sunday the 21st around noon. Order 4423XXX. I received 3 different emails from HP.
    A purchase confirmation, and order confirmation, and now today a important update email (saying it will be delayed a few weeks).

All this time there had been a pending charge on my account from HP for $162.
    Now I look at my account and the pending charge is gone...
    So are they gonna bill me later or something? Im a bit confused by this.
    Ordered 32GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1pm HPO#30579xxx, WO#4423xxx
    I'll bet these CS reps have been told, "just tell them whatever you feel like at the moment-We don't have a clue what's going on!" I'll bet this whole HP Touchpad pooch screw goes down as one on the biggest boners of 2011.
    I just called HP. Given my order on Saturday night I look good. He said an email will be going out on all orders tomorrow.

They should be getting 25k units in. If your order is high enough on the totem pole you will get one of those. If not, you will have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until they get the remainder of the units from Asia.

Good for some, bad news for most, I suspect.
    ugh....so my friend just showed me that her TP order (which was placed on the 24th) was just updated with a ship date of 9/5 and a delivery date of 9/8.

My order, placed on the 20th? no updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I just called HP. Given my order on Saturday night I look good. He said an email will be going out on all orders tomorrow.

They should be getting 25k units in. If your order is high enough on the totem pole you will get one of those. If not, you will have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until they get the remainder of the units from Asia.

Good for some, bad news for most, I suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    Just gave a ring. He said as long as it was placed before the 4am cutoff time I would get mine in a few weeks. I asked is that the case even though my confirmation and both order status screens have different dates and times? He said dont worrie about that your good.

Grain of salt!
    Actually these are the most positive response for CSRs I've heard yet. From this it sounds as though even if they run out of their initial stock, those of us with orders before the cutoff will get ours from the "additional production". If my order doesn't get fulfill out of the current stock, that'll blow, but I'd rather have to wait a few weeks verse getting all and all cancelled. Hey, the deal is still awesome even if I have to wait a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
    ugh....so my friend just showed me that her TP order (which was placed on the 24th) was just updated with a ship date of 9/5 and a delivery date of 9/8.

My order, placed on the 20th? no updates...

And her order number was????
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    And her order number was????
    her's was an HP Order number (not a web order number like mine)

her's 03059xxxx

mine: 4382xxx