Page 51 of 185 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I cannot imagine HP offering new TP's to new customers without filling outstanding orders. I believe that HP will fill orders placed with SMB before 8/22, 4am CT, before offering the remaining new stock to HHO for new sales. I think what was meant is that SMB will not receive any TP's for ADDITIONAL sales above and beyond what they already have accepted.
    I agree...and am hopeful this is true. Not really taking anything for granted from HP at this point...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    I called HP today now that my status was updated as of whatever time today, i said what does that mean? "that theyre still processing it?"...i dunno you tell me
    "well theyre processing the first 20k and after that processing more"
    "so at some point you'll get an email with either a cancellation or shipment info"
    …really dude...really? so even with being allocated its still a crapshoot
    Why do I get the feeling more and more every day that I'm going to end up with only a pile of accessories that I'll either have to return or sell. Doh!
    cml21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    Why do I get the feeling more and more every day that I'm going to end up with only a pile of accessories that I'll either have to return or sell. Doh!
    Same here. I've got two of each accessory purchased from Office Depot. That's two keyboards, two cases, and two Touchstones. At Office Depot's prices, that's $200 worth of accessories. I'm thinking I probably won't know if I'm going to be getting a Touchpad before the return period is expired.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    just received the bad news from HP "due to the overwhelming demand, we can fulfill your order"...something like that.

I ordered on the 21st at 2am. Thought the cutoff was Monday??

In any case, checked my bank account and it still says:

Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT HP DIRECT - SMB 800-888-0292 NE $108.16

Should I cancel it or just have faith they'll kill the transaction?

Thanks HP! You effin ****** bags!
    Last edited by algee650; 08/30/2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Well that feeling was confirmed for me today (got the email from HP saying "sorry charlie...you're SOL"). The only thing I ordered was a case....coming from China...be here in 18 days or so
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I predict an "HP Touchpad accessories for sale" thread popping up in the near future.

I've not had any movement on my status page since maybe the 23rd - 24th and my order number is 4408xxx. I ordered mine on Sunday at 1130ish am and I remember seeing the 16GB no longer available a few hours later, with only 32GB still showing as available. I remember thinking I must have gotten one of the last 16GB available.

So my order went in well before the cutoff date so that gives me some hope, but the fact that I was at the end of what "appeared" to be available, and with HP saying they may not be able to fill all orders even if it was place before the cut off, well, that discouraging.

It's kinda sounding like we'll know one way or the other this week. If I don't see any movement by Friday, I'm guessing I'm SOL unless HP does intends to fulfill SMB orders submitted before their cutoff with those supposed extra run models - though I've not seen anything from HP stating that.

I also don't think this 'additional' run is out of the kindness of HP's heart. I think it's most likely that had parts inventory that they had to liquidate one way or the other and someone decided it would be in HP's best interest to do so via the discounted sale.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    just received the bad news from HP "due to the overwhelming demand, we can fulfill your order"...something like that.

I ordered on the 21st at 2am. Thought the cutoff was Monday??

In any case, checked my bank account and it still says:

Pending Misc. Debit POS DEBIT HP DIRECT - SMB 800-888-0292 NE $108.16

Should I cancel it or just have faith they'll kill the transaction?

Thanks HP! You effin ****** bags!
    Did you receive an order confirmation? Did you order on 8/21 at 2am or is that the time your confirmation said you ordered. Many people have said they ordered before 8/22 @2am. However, their orders were not processed until after the 4am cutoff. Just wondering if that's the case with you. News sucks in any case.
    I did an chat session with a "pre-sales" rep at SMB and they said that my TP had shipped and should arrive tomorrow. (Which is what the Order Status screen has said for a week.) Normally, I'd be excited. However, my credit card still shows no charge from HP...not even in Pending. I asked for a tracking number and they referred me to the customer service number. Now I'm back to being on hold, thankful for speakerphones.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I did an chat session with a "pre-sales" rep at SMB and they said that my TP had shipped and should arrive tomorrow. (Which is what the Order Status screen has said for a week.) Normally, I'd be excited. However, my credit card still shows no charge from HP...not even in Pending. I asked for a tracking number and they referred me to the customer service number. Now I'm back to being on hold, thankful for speakerphones.
    I've got my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what happens.
    Semprini & fwinst, my "print preview" page on my order status says delivery date of tomorrow but I never received a tracking number or anything either
    Now wouldn't that be something.

I have a feeling the reason why not too many people have reported receiving theirs is because they got it, and then didn't care to come back to this thread.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AYacullo View Post
    Semprini & fwinst, my "print preview" page on my order status says delivery date of tomorrow but I never received a tracking number or anything either
    Have you confirmed with HP that your TP shipped. My print page delivery date is today. However, I haven't received anything, I'm sure that it hasn't been shipped, and I haven't been charged.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Now wouldn't that be something.

I have a feeling the reason why not too many people have reported receiving theirs is because they got it, and then didn't care to come back to this thread.

If I get mine, My post will be more obnoxious than the announcer who yells "GOOOOOOAAAALLLLL, GGGGGOOOOAAAAALLLLL, GGGGGOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!" at soccer matches
    Very interesting. Please make sure to keep us updated, I would love to see how this turns out.
    When I called earlier it sounded like it was still in "processing"...
    Not that we can trust the order status system but from what I can see, it looks like they've delivered or shipped up to around order #30535823. IF that is the case, 25k units should get us to somewhere in the area of order #30560000. That's just a WAG given the status of the status system. If that's correct, it should bring us to orders placed sometime on 8/22.

...Wow, I need to get a life.
    Grrrr... My order is 3054xxxx. Yes, we need to get a life!!!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AYacullo View Post
    When I called earlier it sounded like it was still in "processing"...
    Hmmmmm...I probably wouldn't be waiting by the door for the delivery guy/gal.
    Hmmmmm...I probably wouldn't be waiting by the door for the delivery guy/gal.
    LOL! I work from home so it won't be too bad.
    I'm having mine delivered to the office. My productivity will be shot if I actually receive one.

(I almost had a typo on 'shot.' The erroneous word would have made sense, although it would not be appropriate on this board.)
    fwinst, untitled and IamReady like this.