Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    The charge is back to my cc account!
    I am kind of happy about this.
    I got all excited when I saw the 'Last Change' date had updated to 8/30.

But nothing has changed, as far as I can tell. Not even the 'Delivery Date' which still says 8/30.

EDIT: Take that back - the authorization charge has shown back up with a different amount (+$3)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    This email was sent as a result of adding your name and email to HP's "Notify Me" program. This is NOT about the unit you might have on order. It is about the availability of additional units to be sold.
    +1

I logged in to post this exact thing. I had been wondering why I recieved that email, then I read this post about more TPs being manufactured:

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Nex...Way/ba-p/68749

Specifically this part:

Q: Will the notification/alert emails go out all at once so everyone has a fair shot?
    A: All those who requested notification have been notified today that more are coming in the future, and will be notified again when more specifics are known
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    I got all excited when I saw the 'Last Change' date had updated to 8/30.

But nothing has changed, as far as I can tell. Not even the 'Delivery Date' which still says 8/30.
    Don't get excited, My status has changed each and every day since the 25th. Nothing happens and the tracking websites are not to be trusted unless you actually have tracking information.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Keep in mind that HP SMB will not be getting any new TouchPads. The new units produced will be sent to HP Home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    Don't get excited, My status has changed each and every day since the 25th. Nothing happens and the tracking websites are not to be trusted unless you actually have tracking information.
    The last update my status page has is from 3 days ago. I think I just need to quit looking every day...for my own sanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    Heh, same here. The TI-99/4A was my first computer (anyone up for a game of Parsec? Hunt the Wumpus? Tunnels of Doom? You'll have to wait, it takes four minutes to load Tunnels of Doom from the tape deck into the computer...) and this my first tablet (the Mrs already has herself an iPad2, but I like WebOS from having it on my Pre2).
    I was a Parsec fan, my brother was all about Hunt the Wumpus.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Quote Originally Posted by halfdracula View Post
    I have two orders, 4394xxx and 4410xxx. First is for 1 16g only and other 1 32g only, both have had pre-auth charges reappear today at the same time. One included expedited shipping (auth amount still includes that charge).
    Quote Originally Posted by trillcane View Post
    My 16g order, 4390XXX, reappeared today as well including the original shipping charges.
    So I just checked my credit card account and also noticed that the pre-authorization just popped back up on my credit card today. Its for 2 16gigs 4396xxx, the authorization was for the original amount plus expedited shipping charge. Not that it means anything at all, but it is something different. My account however has changed status each and every day since the 25th and once again show it will be here today which it will not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    Keep in mind that HP SMB will not be getting any new TouchPads. The new units produced will be sent to HP Home.
    I noticed that - so when they are out, they're out at the SMB store.
    Well, the article makes it sounds like NEW orders won't be available through SMB store. It isn't clear whether or not existing orders through SMB store will be filled with the new inventory.
    Dear HP,

I've had a lot of heartbreaks with Palm/HP but I will say that this is the last straw. I was there for the announcement of the Pre desperately clutching onto my little Palm Centro. I was in line for the launch day Pre at Sprint. I, along with many of you pressed Software updates app just to get some glimmer of life for webOS 1.4 and the goodness that it brought with it. I have (I lost count) so many Touchstones that I could provide charging stations along the Interstate across Indiana, North to South and East to West. I've ripped out my comm board and installed it into a Pre+, not because I needed the extra memory but just because it looked cooler. I've overclocked and patched it so many times that I can now do it in my sleep. I bought a Pixi for my wife and several Pre- replacements on eBay and gave them to my girls, (5 and 8 so don't get any ideas). I doctored them so they could download apps just like the kids with the other device, I'LL SAY IT “APPLE IPHONE/TOUCH”. There, its out. Like I said this is the last straw. If I don't receive my HP Touchpad ordered 8/22 12:54AM I will go to the dark side. First I go to Verizon and buy two iPhones (I've been off contract for months). Than I order an Apple TV and an iPad2. After that I will wait until this laptop, my wife's laptop and kids laptop no longer serve their purpose and will start the long slow process of buying Macbook Pros for everyone. There, I said it and now I feel better...

P.S. I know you don’t care because you will probably spin off the PSG at some point and I do realize that I brought this on myself but I’m warning you...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty43 View Post
    Well, the article makes it sounds like NEW orders won't be available through SMB store. It isn't clear whether or not existing orders through SMB store will be filled with the new inventory.
    For what it's worth, I have asked both @BrynaAtHP and @MarkatHP to clarify on SMB...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    What's wacky to me is this:

You can check your order status here. If your order is not recognized, please check your order status again the next business day. When inventory has been allocated the status will change to “shipped.” Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the order status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You can only be certain that we have identified a unit to fulfill your order once the order status shows a shipment tracking number.

Doesn't HP know how many TPs that have and where they are? "when inventory has been allocated", "Identified a unit to fulfill your order" - are you kidding me. You have 10,000 TPs, you have 10,150 orders, the last 150 don't get their TPs, right? Wacky.

Ah, now I feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Doesn't HP know how many TPs that have and where they are?
    No, they don't. Apparently some retailers are shipping units back to HP rather than joining the fire sale, and HP won't know how many until they get the units.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    No, they don't. Apparently some retailers are shipping units back to HP rather than joining the fire sale, and HP won't know how many until they get the units.
    No doubt that is true...but HP (upper management) has done an Extremely poor job of handling all this so far...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    My account however has changed status each and every day since the 25th and once again show it will be here today which it will not be.
    Mine has done the same, with "planned shipping date" repeatedly updated to two days prior... Umm, how can you plan to ship something in the past? Unless HP has a secret webOS powered time machine...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
    For what it's worth, I have asked both @BrynaAtHP and @MarkatHP to clarify on SMB...
    I cannot imagine HP offering new TP's to new customers without filling outstanding orders. I believe that HP will fill orders placed with SMB before 8/22, 4am CT, before offering the remaining new stock to HHO for new sales. I think what was meant is that SMB will not receive any TP's for ADDITIONAL sales above and beyond what they already have accepted.
    IamReady likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by halfdracula View Post
    Mine has done the same, with "planned shipping date" repeatedly updated to two days prior... Umm, how can you plan to ship something in the past? Unless HP has a secret webOS powered time machine...
    HP has a prototype WebOS powered time machine that they are using to go back in time to help expedite the shipping order in the past.

Lead developer on this project is one Dr. Brown.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Off topic...

I just received my Pre2 from Verizon...so I'm momentarily happy!

Back to topic...
    IamReady
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    HP has a prototype WebOS powered time machine that they are using to go back in time to help expedite the shipping order in the past.

Lead developer on this project is one Dr. Brown.
    Problem is, the time machine is on backorder.
    shadeybeep likes this.