Page 49 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    So I just got the credit charge put back on my account. Its the full price with the expedited shipping so I'm a little confused. Hopefully its a sign that its getting ready to ship.

Order # 4401***

Little Update:

Just looked, this pending charge shows the NE warehouse instead of the IN one. Maybe its a good sign, and I live in Colorado so it makes much more since to ship from a warehouse in Nebraska.
    Last edited by bsigg12; 08/30/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Now remember...I ordered my TP on the 23rd and they said that they were going to cancel my order. I just got this email minutes ago:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

They wouldn't send this email to people that they already canceled, right? Odd!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Just received the same email and my order was placed on Friday night 8/20.
    The only thing keeping me sane from all this madness is using my co-workers TP. Apparently i'm his TP mechanic. lol

Hope we start seeing more progress with the orders. At least some sign of life and consistency, productive sign that is.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Just received the same email and my order was placed on Friday night 8/20.
    Just to ask, this isn't a cancellation email, right? We're still in line to get one if we've gotten the confirmation email and ordered in time, etc.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    Now remember...I ordered my TP on the 23rd and they said that they were going to cancel my order. I just got this email minutes ago:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

They wouldn't send this email to people that they already canceled, right? Odd!
    This email was sent as a result of adding your name and email to HP's "Notify Me" program. This is NOT about the unit you might have on order. It is about the availability of additional units to be sold.

EDIT: I would believe that any additional stock received would be used to fulfill current orders FIRST, then it would be available for any additional orders. So, if they're looking at a few weeks to sell additional touchpads, I would think that we should see our orders arriving BEFORE that.
    torrguy likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This sounds encouraging...

https://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP

Your new found love for the TouchPad has apparently brought it back from the dead. #TouchPadZombie has risen. If only temporarily.

Time circuits on... Flux Capacitor... fluxing... Engine running... All right! #TouchPadZombie coming back to try & fill demand #braaains

Alright, too early for some fun I guess. I tried. #wah #wah #wah. We actually have some good news to share imho.
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just got the email. Like fwinst, I noticed its not about the order you currently have, as the email is from the Home and Office department at HP. It seems they really want to sell more
    Wow! Just called the normal number, on hold for about 20 minutes but got through. My order number is 4391xxx, and the gal on phone said it will be 6-8 weeks before they're able to ship my TP out. She said that they ran out of TP's on Monday (not sure if she meant yesterday or last Monday) and that they literally need to build more...which they are apparently doing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty43 View Post
    Wow! Just called the normal number, on hold for about 20 minutes but got through. My order number is 4391xxx, and the gal on phone said it will be 6-8 weeks before they're able to ship my TP out. She said that they ran out of TP's on Monday (not sure if she meant yesterday or last Monday) and that they literally need to build more...which they are apparently doing now.
    Ouch...

As of this morning, no change on the status of my order, and with all the stories of hold times on calls, I'm just taking in everyone's updates to this thread as indicators. Guess I won't be getting another TP until I get back from Oktoberfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    This email was sent as a result of adding your name and email to HP's "Notify Me" program. This is NOT about the unit you might have on order. It is about the availability of additional units to be sold.

EDIT: I would believe that any additional stock received would be used to fulfill current orders FIRST, then it would be available for any additional orders. So, if they're looking at a few weeks to sell additional touchpads, I would think that we should see our orders arriving BEFORE that.
    I got the email too. I think my heart stopped but then I realized by looking on here that it isn't regarding my TP that I ordered.

By the way, I'm Chris, and I'm a TP AA member. Like so many others, I ordered one just because on Sunday morning, and now... 9 days later, it's all I think about! lol.
    *Awaiting my 32 gig TouchPad. Order 4415XXX. Estimated ship date, Sept 3rd. Estimated Delivery date Sept 7th*
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty43 View Post
    At least I'll be able to use it to order stuff for Christmas
    Last Change: 30-Aug-2011 14:11 GMT

Still no emails or anything. : (
    Well, there's two models of TP, so I'm wondering if people seeing the charge "reappear" on their CCs with >4400xxxx Order #s ordered 16GBs or 32GBs, and vis versa, <4400xxxx, which model did you order? Maybe there's no correlation, but, assume the order numbers were assigned in the order they were received, it's possible there's a reason. Hmm, possible. Also, for those getting status changes, did you just order one TP w/o accessories? What about those with <4400xxxx - did you order more than one, accessories, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    This whole thing has brought back memories of buying a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A for $49 fire sale back in the early 80s. It originally sold for around $500. That was my first computer and I want this to by my first tablet. Man, I'm feeling old.
    Heh, same here. The TI-99/4A was my first computer (anyone up for a game of Parsec? Hunt the Wumpus? Tunnels of Doom? You'll have to wait, it takes four minutes to load Tunnels of Doom from the tape deck into the computer...) and this my first tablet (the Mrs already has herself an iPad2, but I like WebOS from having it on my Pre2).
    untitled likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Ouch...

As of this morning, no change on the status of my order, and with all the stories of hold times on calls, I'm just taking in everyone's updates to this thread as indicators. Guess I won't be getting another TP until I get back from Oktoberfest.
    Oktoberfest, Munich???? What a blast! I've been there twice.
    I have two orders, 4394xxx and 4410xxx. First is for 1 16g only and other 1 32g only, both have had pre-auth charges reappear today at the same time. One included expedited shipping (auth amount still includes that charge).
    My 16g order, 4390XXX, reappeared today as well including the original shipping charges.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Yes, I believe that shipping dates will be trickling out from this point on until a new shipment enters the system. BGR had an interesting article from HP's Head of PC Business, Ececutive VP Tom Bradley. CLICK HERE to read. We might be getting ours at the right time.
    Welp kids, they are making more touchpads. http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Nex...Way/ba-p/68749 hopefully us SMB'ers will get ours before these ship.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.