Page 48 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Nothing has changed on my touchpad order. The charge has not reappeared on my credit card yet.. online order status still says "credit hold" whatever that means.

However, a pending charge for the pre2 (unlocked gsm) I ordered on the 23rd has suddenly shown up on my credit card. I really really really would love it if I got a pre2, but I highly doubt I actually will. I wanted a pre2 since long before the firesale, but I didn't want to spend the money on it.. I bought a pixi plus on ebay for 55 dollars and figured it would hold me over until the pre2 was closer to 100 dollars. Well.. instead they lowered it to 49.99 and sold out instantly. Anyway, the pending charge followed an actual order confirmation email (which I have yet to receive for my touchpad that I ordered on 8/21). I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It's too late to not get my hopes up for the touchpad, though.
    I do recall the change to free shipping. My order confirmation email came after the change (and 6 days after my order) and still had my FedEx charge included. I guess, they'll charge at the corrected amount.
    On my print preview page it says "Cust. Quoted Delivery Date: 09/01/2011 Associated Order #: 000000000" Pretty sure I'm not seeing that tomorrow...
    Someone that pre-order TouchPad from HP, got info from them that her order will be delivered two weeks from now.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    all i know is they said if you ordered before Monday the 22nd you will be getting one.
    What worries me now are the posts from HP contradicting that statement. I know it was said and I saw it on the website and heard it on the phone, but the newer FAQ says that cant guarantee.

Does anyone have that screenshot?
    Pending charge lost from my CC thursday, but this morning HP finally charged me for order #4403xxxx. Hoping it's finally being shipped!!! Have yet to receive any tracking info. Either way i'll continue to be patient in hopes they confuse my order for the "Panda pad" and ship that instead!
    UFDisciple likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    What worries me now are the posts from HP contradicting that statement. I know it was said and I saw it on the website and heard it on the phone, but the newer FAQ says that cant guarantee.

Does anyone have that screenshot?
    Screenshot won't help if they just don't have any...

It worries me too, though. I wish they would just tell everyone what's going on.
    I wonder if they really don't have any stock left. If it is just matter of order re-arrangement, it shouldn't take this long. I guess HP still waiting for TouchPad next production. That will be more make sense for this long time pending.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by qdzine View Post
    Pending charge lost from my CC thursday, but this morning HP finally charged me for order #4403xxxx. Hoping it's finally being shipped!!! Have yet to receive any tracking info. Either way i'll continue to be patient in hopes they confuse my order for the "Panda pad" and ship that instead!
    A page or so back someone with 4401xxxx said they charge had reappeared, I believe that was today. Assuming they are going in order, it looks like they're making progress. Mine is 4408xxxx - Maybe tomorrow - fingers crossed.

I'll be curious to see if anyone with subsequent # posts that their card has been charged.
    This whole thing has brought back memories of buying a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A for $49 fire sale back in the early 80s. It originally sold for around $500. That was my first computer and I want this to by my first tablet. Man, I'm feeling old.
    handar likes this.
    Nothing happened to my cc account.
    I am so disappointed.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    A page or so back someone with 4401xxxx said they charge had reappeared, I believe that was today. Assuming they are going in order, it looks like they're making progress. Mine is 4408xxxx - Maybe tomorrow - fingers crossed.

I'll be curious to see if anyone with subsequent # posts that their card has been charged.
    I wouldn't go by that either. I am 4399 an I haven't had a charge re-appear.
    I'm a 439xxxx and the charge dropped off my credit card.

Blah. I thought I was getting an early Christmas gift, and instead, I will either receive it by Christmas or not at all.
    I just wish they would follow the rules that the company I own follows

We insist on giving our best effort in everything we undertake. Furthermore, we see a huge difference between "good mistakes" (best effort, bad result) and "bad mistakes" (sloppiness or lack of effort).

Right now I just see it as a Bad Mistake. I hope they switch it to a good mistake.. i coud handle that
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    My CC charges reappeared this morning for my two orders 4439xxx and 4427xxx. The thing is the shipping hasn't been changed, they actually charged me more. I don't really think the charges coming back means the order will be shipped. I think they may just do it to get rid of some orders, hoping people don't have the money in their account, so they can lower the amount of orders. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't have high hopes for it anymore. Here's to hoping the doorbell rings.
    UFDisciple likes this.
    Just got an email from the the HP notification sign-up they had (at least that's what I hope it's from):

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.
    They have no idea what's going on. Very comforting.
    Well if anyone wants to confirm my information - they can call 1-866-625-0242 at 7:00 Central time. I used the Official US time clock on my computer. I had pre-dialed the number so I had it on redial. It only takes a few seconds to reconnect by pushing option 3. I started dialing about 6:59 and was connected immediately. The minute the second hand hit 7:00 I hit option 3.

I was taken off guard when the phone answered after 11 minutes.

I think this gives you your best chance at a short wait time to speak with someone other than just a Sales Rep.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Here is something I am trying to figure out. I ordered a 16GB Touchpad AFTER the 21st so mine should be canceled, right? Well, I did get the cancellation email but then followed up with a confirmation email saying that it was on it's way. Just checked my ordered and it shows a ship date of today (30th) with a delivery date of September 2nd. This was updated on the 26th AFTER I received the cancellation and confirmation email. So I should be getting one right? My order number is 445****. I have not called HP yet and my credit card charges came off after 3 days. We shall see if they get put on today and get shipped out.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qdzine View Post
    my PENDING charge went away on my bank website on Sunday, but just came back today as a new one on 8/30/11, still pending though
    I just noticed that the two charges that reappeared on my card still include the expedited shipping that I paid for. I'm starting to think that this isn't a hopeful sign at all. I wish HP would give us a more informative idea of what's going on rather than the "we got overwhelmed" speech.