Page 47 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IamReady View Post
    Did everyone notice this in the "Answering your questions" blog yesterday?

HP Communities - Answering Your Questions

Sounds like HP is going to send them out anyway They choose...
    It actually wasn't there yesterday. They must have put that up recently. Earlier this morning it said that expedited shipping did not qualify for the free shipping. There was nothing about the TP's not being able to be expedited. I wonder if this means that everyone's shipping will be free?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Last night they changed my order status to ship date
    will follow, this morning it has a ship date of 8-28-11. Why
    play with my emotions hp, why? I buy your desktop, I buy
    your laptop. We never fight. I thought what we had was
    special.
    IamReady and shadeybeep like this.
    No reappearing charges for me, so hopefully that is a good sign for those who are seeing that. I tried to find my son's order that shipped FedEx on 8/22 and was delivered 8/23 by reference, but had no luck. I tried the 4 number and the 3 number, but neither was found. Would someone else who has received an order by FedEx give it a try?

My obsession with this has led to me entering and following quite a few different order numbers. What I see is that a lot of Touchpads shipped on 8/22 and only a few have trickled out since then. I'm pretty sure that they are in out of stock and awaiting more. The big questions are when will they get more and how many will they get.

I feel sorry for the workers on the phone, but am very irritated with HP management. They should just let us know what is going on. We are grown ups, we can take it. It seems to me that they are not communicating very well with their own employees on the front lines any better than they are with their customers. I won't be surprised at all if they end up cancelling our orders, then take new orders once more stock comes in. As stupid as that sounds, it is no more stupid than how HP management has handled everything Touchpad related.
    hp200lx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    ********ORDER UPDATE**********

Not that a change in order status means anything at all, but
    my dates did change in the order status screen......

ship date went from 8/27 to 9/4.

ALSO, the previously incorrect total that included shipping was reduced by the amount of the shipping $21.87.

Now, total of $108.16. (Instead of 130.03)

>>Scratchin' head

As I've said before, I dont care if it ships September 1st or October 1st...Hopefully before that because I'd really love to bring it on my trip to Disney World to cover the 40th anniversary. We Disney Podcasters live a rough life lol!
    NO coupon codes were being honored in this "promotion". In fact, in the beginning, if you had "applied" a coupon to the order, and it accepted it, HP was cancelling most of those orders.

this might not have applied to you, but coupons weren't being honored on a blow out price.

That's funny! I have two orders in as well. One for 1 32Gb placed Saturday afternoon and the other for 1 32Gb placed Sunday evening...what's funny is my second order has pre-authorized again but not the first.

I know it is the second as I added a rem of paper trying to take advantage of the 30% off coupon...never did get it to take...
    I just have two questions.

1. Has ANYONE who ordered from the SMB site actually have a Touchpad yet? If so will you please let us know when you purchased it, Your order number and the time it was entered into Vista.

2. Does anyone have any idea/guess as to how many Touchpads are available vs. How many were ordered?

Thanks.
    daffy4u likes this.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post

1. Has ANYONE who ordered from the SMB site actually have a Touchpad yet? If so will you please let us know when you purchased it, Your order number and the time it was entered into Vista.

2. Does anyone have any idea/guess as to how many Touchpads are available vs. How many were ordered?

Thanks.
    all i know is they said if you ordered before Monday the 22nd you will be getting one. I think the time they gave was something like 2pm. But that is from their mouths on the recording. I ordered mine that sat night and it went through on sunday and i still have not heard anything. so who knows really.
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Here's what they told me this morning

Ok - I called 1-866-625-0242 at 7:00 this morning. My hold time was 11 minutes. I asked him why I was still in Admin. After some hemming and hawing around I finally got it out of him - they are out of TouchPads. He said my order will not ship at least until 1 to 2 weeks, when they get some more in.

I heard that last night from the other "quick" number, from the sales rep, Ronny. He let it slip too. He said "When they get some." I said, "What are you saying? Are they out of Touchpads?" And he said "I didn't say that."

I asked the guy this morning about why the one page kept saying "Order not found in the Vista" and his was able to pull it up too but said he couldn't help me on that.

He just said my TouchPad WILL ship when they get some more in.

Whenever that is.
    HP Communities - Answering Your Questions

If you placed an order prior to 4am CT Monday, August 22, we are working through the large volume of orders, verifying payment details and seeking to source inventory for fulfillment.

A lot of orders shipped on 8/22, you can see this by looking up order numbers in the 4386850-4387150 range. Not many since then.

This is the big question everyone has. Only HP management would know this and they apparently aren't willing to share this information.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    A lot of orders shipped on 8/22, you can see this by looking up order numbers in the 4386850-4387150 range. Not many since then.

This is the big question everyone has. Only HP management would know this and they apparently aren't willing to share this information.
    What a real fiasco HP is turning this into! Like I've said before, I feel for the people in the lower levels of HP that are now left trying to clean all of this mess up that upper management has caused.

Didn't realize that such a large group of orders had shipped, and those orders appear to have been just picked right out of the middle! My order from the 20th is order number 4383xxx. When I looked at 4386850, it appears it is from the 21st... Oh well, it is what it is now, HP has just really screwed this whole thing up!!!
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    For my own entertainment value I've started taking screenshots of my order status.

It's not my imagination that it says something different about every 6 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by kailess View Post
    For my own entertainment value I've started taking screenshots of my order status.

It's interesting that some people's status changes all the time and then there are people like me who hasn't seen a status update since I made the purchase on 8/20.
    allowingtoo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post

I want to bloody know why there is a huge difference between numbers

orders 438xxx have shipped (not all) but my order which is 422 hasn't
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    What a real fiasco HP is turning this into! Like I've said before, I feel for the people in the lower levels of HP that are now left trying to clean all of this mess up that upper management has caused.
    Can you imagine how bad the work life has been for the HP CSRs since this all hit? First, they are absolutely swamped with phone calls, many from customers who are very irritated. Second, they are either getting inadequate information from management or they are not being allowed to tell customers what is really going on. Either way, it stinks to be them. Third, they are likely worried about losing their jobs as HP changes its focus away from consumer products. Fourth, there is not a thing they can do about any of it.
    Just give me a straight truthful answer is all I have ever wanted from this. I will be more upset if i have waited all this time just to be told sorry your order has been cancelled. If a straight answer was given from the onset i could have been in line with others trying to get one

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    UFDisciple likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I want to bloody know why there is a huge difference between numbers

orders 438xxx have shipped (not all) but my order which is 422 hasn't
    Order 438617X has not shipped. Will not ship for 1-2 weeks. Or so I was told this morning from 1-866-625-0242.

See my post above ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by kailess View Post

+1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Didn't realize that such a large group of orders had shipped, and those orders appear to have been just picked right out of the middle! My order from the 20th is order number 4383xxx. When I looked at 4386850, it appears it is from the 21st... Oh well, it is what it is now, HP has just really screwed this whole thing up!!!
    I'm order #4380xxx, so I feel your pain. I ordered sat morning at about 11:30. Keep in touch and let me know as to the status of your order.
    IamReady likes this.
    Since I was cleared from my credit check hold, my date has held steady with delivery scheduled for today, yet I have not received a shipping notification email. (4395)

My shipping should be 2 Day FedEx
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Since I was cleared from my credit check hold, my date has held steady with delivery scheduled for today, yet I have not received a shipping notification email. (4395)

My shipping should be 2 Day FedEx
    They canceled all expedited Shipping. They are shipping how ever they wish. You also might not get a notification email