Page 42 of 185 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I'm on hold with HP right now.

I ordered the morning of 8/20, received a confirmation immediately, and have heard nothing since. This morning I checked my credit card online and the "pending" charge was no long there, making me think that the TP may have actually shipped. However, there is no ACTUAL charge on my card and HP's website info hasn't changed for a couple of days. And I've received no email informing me that my order has shipped. Now I'm concerned that my order was canceled even though HP's recorded message says that orders prior to 8/22 will ship.

Up to 12 minutes hold time...hoping it won't be over 4 hours like before.

UPDATE: Got someone after 22 minutes. Said that my order would be shipping out in the next TWO WEEKS. I was expecting to hear two DAYS, not two WEEKS. I guess more patience is in order. I know there's been a huge influx of orders, but we're still talking about a product that we were told was just sitting in HP's warehouses, not selling.

Exact same situation as mine... haven't heard squat since the confirmation email that morning of the 20th... nothing on my CC yet... Good to hear it might eventually go through.
    I like you, much rather have the truth that be misled with some false hope.
    major payne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    But still showing Admin. Anyone know what that's for?
    That's another word for TP Hell. I didn't know it existed before August 20, 2011.

I tried calling and speaking to MS Admin but she wouldn't speak to me.
    I ordered on Sunday the 21st, mid afternoon. I constantly was checking my order status and what not and for the longest time it said this can not be processed, please call blah blah blah. So I called, they did nothing, said nothing so I didn't know what was going on.

Behold, an email today, confirmation of my order. Although it says it was ordered on 8/29, and that's obviously not right. So, they probably JUST got to my order today putting it into their system.

I also did NOT get free shipping.

Edit:

My Estimated Ship Date: 08/23/2011
    Delivery Date: 08/23/2011
    Credit Approval Date: 08/29/2011?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    My last update is a minute after yours.

So I have to ask - is the TouchPad a mythical thing? Like unicorns?
    Unicorns aren't mythical!!! They're in the Bible NINE TIMES (KJV).
    BibleGateway - Quick search: unicorn

However, penguins are mythical, like our TouchPads.
    To those who have received theirs, how are they being shipped? UPS, USPS, Fedex, or other?
    razorback and major payne like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhnozoaa View Post
    Unicorns aren't mythical!!! They're in the Bible NINE TIMES (KJV).
    BibleGateway - Quick search: unicorn

However, penguins are mythical, like our TouchPads.
    I had no idea!

It's too hot for a penguin to be running around here anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    To those who have received theirs, how are they being shipped? UPS, USPS, Fedex, or other?
    I don't think that anyone who ordered them at the slashed prices on the HP site a weekend ago has received them yet.
    Anyone else showing that their order was changed today? I logged into order status and I get this new piece:

Last Change: 29-Aug-2011 14:00 GMT

yes mine was showed up today again after dropping off last week
    There suppose to ship today and deliver on the first
    Quote Originally Posted by handar View Post
    There suppose to ship today and deliver on the first
    How do you know?
    major payne likes this.
    Well my shipment date moved up from the 25 and then the 29th and now Sept.4 and del. on the 7th. my order# 4383 I started this on Saturday the 20th at 3:30 pm est
    you can chk here https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl .. this is the only one they update
    Quote Originally Posted by handar View Post
    you can chk here https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl .. this is the only one they update
    I haven't seen mine updated since the 24th so i seriously doubt that link is properly updated
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    I called HP SMB this morning. I was told that they are still processing orders from the 19th and 20th and that they have no real information to release. Basically he said that he could not give me any definitive answers. He really had no idea if my order from the 21st would be shipped, even though I have a confirmation order. He said that my order was in the warehouse for processing (Admin) and if they get enough TP's in to fill the orders they will be shipped. He said, at this time because of all the orders that came in, unless you have a shipment confirmation there is no way to tell if you will be getting one. It was the most honest answer that any of the reps have given. He said they were being slammed with calls, and really had no answers for anyone.
    That's what I have been figuring for a while now. I just wish HP would be upfront about it. If they want the phone calls to decrease, they could try putting some useful information in the order status section for customers to look up. If I logged in and it said your order will ship in 3 weeks, I wouldn't bother calling them.

Overall I'm disappointed in how HP is handling this. Yes they got a lot of orders for TP's, but for a company that ships tens of thousands of computers a day, this shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially by now, 9 days later they should at least be able to tell us who's getting a TP and who isn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I haven't seen mine updated since the 24th so i seriously doubt that link is properly updated
    me too!
    *Dropkicks HP through the goalposts of Life*
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Hi, I'm David and I have a TP user wannabe problem... That does make you feel a little better doesn't it?!?

Mine hasn't updated since the 23rd...
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
    fwinst likes this.
    Placed my order on the 20th... Received an email confirmation that same evening and there was a hold placed on my credit card for the order amount. The hold has since been released and I have not heard a thing from HP.

And I have not bothered calling them or emailing them, because that would be pointless.

Patience, Daniel-san.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    OpenTrackRacer likes this.
    Last Change: 25-Aug-2011 00:52 GMT

: (