Page 41 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    Hello-My name is Steve. I ordered my Touchpad from HP SMB Saturday the 20th at about 7PM PST. After over an hour of website lag, screens freezing, and page refreshings my order finally went through. My order now sits in limbo like thousands of others. My backup order from OnSale through Amazon was cancelled. My second backup order with AIC failed as well..........That's a story that requires a whole separate support group. I have cases, keyboards, and touchstone chargers that have arrived already. That's my story. Thanks for allowing me to join your support group.
    I have a feeling that if (and that's a huge if) I get a TouchPad, I won't be able to find any accessories for it.

I don't want to buy them in anticipation of something I may or may not get.
    cml21 likes this.
    Hello Steve

Hi My name is Joseph I to Ordered from the HP SMB but it was on Sunday at noonish. I attempted to get backup orders but I never had a chance. I too have a case, keyboard and touchstone all setup and waiting for the Touchpad to arrive. My frustration is with the unknown. If I could have gotten a straight answer I might have hunted harder for a local seller.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    I have a feeling that if (and that's a huge if) I get a TouchPad, I won't be able to find any accessories for it.

I don't want to buy them in anticipation of something I may or may not get.

This is actually why i bought mine early so that if i did get the Touchpad i wouldn't be hunting for the accessories. If i don't get the Touchpad I can sell it to someone on this site that needs it. for the same price i got them for plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    I don't think the order numbers are in chronological order. I have email confirmations on both of my orders from Sat night. The numbers are 4383xxx and 4390xxx
    If they weren't no bloody wonder that it is such a mess
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    fwinst likes this.
    I'm on hold with HP right now.

I ordered the morning of 8/20, received a confirmation immediately, and have heard nothing since. This morning I checked my credit card online and the "pending" charge was no long there, making me think that the TP may have actually shipped. However, there is no ACTUAL charge on my card and HP's website info hasn't changed for a couple of days. And I've received no email informing me that my order has shipped. Now I'm concerned that my order was canceled even though HP's recorded message says that orders prior to 8/22 will ship.

Up to 12 minutes hold time...hoping it won't be over 4 hours like before.

UPDATE: Got someone after 22 minutes. Said that my order would be shipping out in the next TWO WEEKS. I was expecting to hear two DAYS, not two WEEKS. I guess more patience is in order. I know there's been a huge influx of orders, but we're still talking about a product that we were told was just sitting in HP's warehouses, not selling.
    Last edited by semprini; 08/29/2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Hello-My name is Steve. I ordered my Touchpad from HP SMB Saturday the 20th at about 7PM PST. After over an hour of website lag, screens freezing, and page refreshings my order finally went through. My order now sits in limbo like thousands of others. My backup order from OnSale through Amazon was cancelled. My second backup order with AIC failed as well..........That's a story that requires a whole separate support group. I have cases, keyboards, and touchstone chargers that have arrived already. That's my story. Thanks for allowing me to join your support group.
    thanks for sharing, Steve.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I'm on hold with HP right now.

I ordered the morning of 8/20, received a confirmation immediately, and have heard nothing since. This morning I checked my credit card online and the "pending" charge was no long there, making me think that the TP may have actually shipped. However, there is no ACTUAL charge on my card and HP's website info hasn't changed for a couple of days. And I've received no email informing me that my order has shipped. Now I'm concerned that my order was canceled even though HP's recorded message says that orders prior to 8/22 will ship.

Up to 12 minutes hold time...hoping it won't be over 4 hours like before.
    Pending charges are automatically dropped by your card company anywhere from 3 - 10 days (depends on the compant) after they were placed on your card. This is NOT a big deal. As long as your card has enough available credit on it when HP processes the order (I mean ships), you'll be fine.

BTW try 1-888-728-9985, you'll probably get through faster.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Hi My name is Joseph...
    I love it...Thanks OpenTrackRacer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsigg12 View Post
    Anybody know where I would be able to find the Touchstone and HP Case for their discounted prices? Everywhere I look is sold out?
    Amazon has the case for 24.53 (at least while I'm writing this, though their prices change often), ships in 2-4 weeks:
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics

They also have the keyboard for 34.99, ships in 2-5 weeks:
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard (FB344AA#AC3): Electronics

I ordered the case, figured it would probably still get here before the touchpad, since HP is taking so long to process all the orders.
    Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a SMB thread addict. My friends and family all told me to avoid webOS, but I didn't listen and now I'm a strung-out TouchPad wannabe owner.

If they start moving that deadline for when they canceled orders, I'll be one of the first to get cut, because I ordered at 11 p.m. Sunday night (approx.). I almost wish I would be canceled so I could take the money I allocated for this purchase and start looking elsewhere. Well, I'd rather they ship me one, but any answer is better than no answer at all.

My order is 4432XXX.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    fwinst likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a SMB thread addict. My friends and family all told me to avoid webOS, but I didn't listen and now I'm a strung-out TouchPad wannabe owner.

If they start moving that deadline for when they canceled orders, I'll be one of the first to get cut, because I ordered at 11 p.m. Sunday night (approx.). I almost wish I would be canceled so I could take the money I allocated for this purchase and start looking elsewhere. Well, I'd rather they ship me one, but any answer is better than no answer at all.

My order is 4432XXX.
    Hi Dave. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    number 438xxx is way behind mine number 422xxx and I ordered on Sunday noonish... So i doubt it was Sat morning as others who ordered on Sat have 415-419
    I know I didn't start drinking until saturday night! I wonder why my number is so high....and I got my confirmation just a few hours after the order was placed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Amazon has the case for 24.53 (at least while I'm writing this, though their prices change often), ships in 2-4 weeks:
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics

They also have the keyboard for 34.99, ships in 2-5 weeks:
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard (FB344AA#AC3): Electronics

I ordered the case, figured it would probably still get here before the touchpad, since HP is taking so long to process all the orders.
    I'm betting it's wishful thinking that they can obtain any more of these accessories.
    Anyone else showing that their order was changed today? I logged into order status and I get this new piece:

Last Change: 29-Aug-2011 14:00 GMT

But still showing Admin. Anyone know what that's for?
    I'm betting it's wishful thinking that they can obtain any more of these accessories.
    Yeah, maybe.. though these are sold by amazon, not a 3rd party seller, and they are usually very good about predicting their own stock. At least they won't change the status to "shipping soon" until they actually know they're going to be shipping it. I can cancel the order if I find it anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    Anyone else showing that their order was changed today? I logged into order status and I get this new piece:

Nope, my is still: 26-Aug-2011 01:12 GMT
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty43 View Post
    Nope, my is still: 26-Aug-2011 01:12 GMT
    My last update is a minute after yours.

So I have to ask - is the TouchPad a mythical thing? Like unicorns?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Yeah, maybe.. though these are sold by amazon, not a 3rd party seller, and they are usually very good about predicting their own stock. At least they won't change the status to "shipping soon" until they actually know they're going to be shipping it. I can cancel the order if I find it anywhere else.
    You're right about orders straight from Amazon. Probably your best chance to get these is to place the order right now and keep your fingers crossed.
    Hi all

Ordered mine on 8/20 (2am). Received my confirmation on the 26th (indicated that I ordered it on the 22nd) stated that it would ship on the 27th and arrive on the 30th.

I've been checking the status religiously and nothing new.

Should I be worried? = (

I want to purchase accessories but want to hold off until I know for sure I'm getting one.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Hi all

Ordered mine on 8/20 (2am). Received my confirmation on the 26th (indicated that I ordered it on the 22nd) stated that it would ship on the 27th and arrive on the 30th.

I've been checking the status religiously and nothing new.

Should I be worried? = (

I want to purchase accessories but want to hold off until I know for sure I'm getting one.

Until you have in it in your hands I would be worried
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post

Mine changes daily. I ignore it as HP has stated that the status pages we can see are inaccurate.
    I called HP SMB this morning. I was told that they are still processing orders from the 19th and 20th and that they have no real information to release. Basically he said that he could not give me any definitive answers. He really had no idea if my order from the 21st would be shipped, even though I have a confirmation order. He said that my order was in the warehouse for processing (Admin) and if they get enough TP's in to fill the orders they will be shipped. He said, at this time because of all the orders that came in, unless you have a shipment confirmation there is no way to tell if you will be getting one. It was the most honest answer that any of the reps have given. He said they were being slammed with calls, and really had no answers for anyone.
    Last edited by keiser; 08/29/2011 at 02:41 PM.