Page 38 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    I think they might have a whole bunch coming from the factories that were both completed and needed additional assembly.
    The wait is keeping HP in the news and also when they get your email address from the TP notify list they will use it to sell you something else.
    Example , email I got tonight

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Store.

We are very sorry that we were not able to reply to your email earlier. We have some bulk of emails to attend to. Please be assured that we are doing our best to answer all emails from our valued customers, and that includes you, Walt.

I am pleased to know that you are interested in the HP TouchPad.

We are currently out of stock on the TouchPad. We have received a notification that we should get some more in stock within this week.

We do not know how many will come into inventory; however, I can sign you up for an email notification as to when stock has been replenished. The stocks will then be available in a first come, first served basis. Would you like for me to add you to our list? I just need your e-mail address, and the model you are interested in.

Do not worry, xxxx. I filled out the necessary form so you will be sent the notification when the TouchPad will be available.

This is just a notification process, units will be available on a first come, first serve basis. They will be limited one per customer/household. We do not know how many units we will be receiving, and we do not know when the units will be arriving. We have a TouchPad FAQ page now on our site where you can also check for more information at HP Official Store —Buy HP Laptops, Notebook PCs, Printers, Desktop Computers, Handhelds, Scanners, Monitors, and Calculators direct from HP

How would you like to have a regular notebook PC, instead?

I recommend you consider the HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC. Love it, show it off, take it everywhere. Good looks and great performance team up with a built-in fingerprint reader in our Pavilion dm4-2050us. You also get a hi-definition webcam with dual-array digital microphones for keeping you in touch, plus plenty of ports-including HDMI-for staying connected and entertained.

We have it in stock today. You may place your order online, or you may directly call our Sales Center at the number below to place your order. Please view this PC in the link:

HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC, steel gray aluminum | HP Official Store

I hope this information has been of assistance to you xxxx. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reply to this message if there is anything else we can do.

For your convenience, you may also call the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center directly at 1-888-222-0029, select Option 2, then Option 5, between 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Before I forget, would you like to be updated with the very latest here at HP? Our HP E-newsletter will provide you with exclusive information on new products, price drops, coupons and other promotions. For you to subscribe, please refer to this URL (subscription is free):

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...tPage=news_sub

HP remains committed to creating and supporting great products and services. HP really wants you to enjoy your product.

Thank you for shopping at the HP Home & Home Office Store. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Regards,

Ruby
    HP Home and Home Office Store
    E-Mail/Chat Representative
    Tell us about your shopping and email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our customer satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.

Hi Walt. I wouldn't like that email either.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    If you LOOK on the screen shots, it shows BACKORDERED!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    Who's returning all these "supposed" devices????????? Do you work at HP????????

quit with the hostile comments
    What's the best phone # to reach HP SMB? I've tried so many times on previous attempts but waiting over 30mins was ridiculous... anyone got a good one to use? I've had a confirmed order since last week,
    There's an 888 number somewhere in here that will put you right through. i just dont know what calling is going to do for you. i hate to say this, but it really wont do you any good. *shrug* to each their own.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Update*** Whatever the problem was it is fixed now. It was strange.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    There's an 888 number somewhere in here that will put you right through. i just dont know what calling is going to do for you. i hate to say this, but it really wont do you any good. *shrug* to each their own.
    Thanks - yeah I was looking for that phone number but it is lost somewhere in these threads... if anyone has it, I'll give it a shot again...
    I dont know if this was listed earlier, but @MarkAtHP tweeted the following link this morning: HP Communities - Answering Your Questions

Specifically...
    Q: I placed my order online with HPs SMB Store. How do I confirm that it was received?

"If you placed an order prior to 4am CT Monday, August 22, we are working through the large volume of orders, verifying payment details and seeking to source inventory for fulfillment. This process is taking longer than first anticipated. At this time, we cannot guarantee supply to all these orders but are working to supply as many orders as possible. If you saw a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card and your order cannot be fulfilled, no actual charges have been made, and this reserve hold will be released if the order is cancelled."

So... even if the order was placed prior to Monday at 4AM, you still might not get them? Mine is still in Admin/Backordered status. Hmmmmmm.. This has been a roller coaster. I've been from very confident, to not so much in a relatively small amount of time!
    *Awaiting my 32 gig TouchPad. Order 4415XXX. Estimated ship date, Sept 3rd. Estimated Delivery date Sept 7th*
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    That's exactly how mine looks everyday. We just have to be patient. I'm hoping HP will email something either Monday or Tuesday to let everyone know what is going on.
    Agreed.

Mine updated of course today, its funny as I have now officially lost space at the bottom of my screen to even show all the updates. ROFL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I will be very upset to not get one after I have purchased all the accessories
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    What's the best phone # to reach HP SMB? I've tried so many times on previous attempts but waiting over 30mins was ridiculous... anyone got a good one to use? I've had a confirmed order since last week,
    Ha you think 30 mins is bad I waited for 5 hours on Friday. I just spent my whole day on hold.

Anyways on saturday I called this #tel:866-625-0759 (the one i got from the order confirmation email) and rather than pressing the #3 for "inquiries on existing orders" I pressed #1 for "sales" and got right through.
    I thought HP promised that all orders made before 4 am CST on Aug 22nd would be honored. Are they backing off that now?
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I thought HP promised that all orders made before 4 am CST on Aug 22nd would be honored. Are they backing off that now?
    Thats what I thought. I just want to know.... Come on HP! Count the orders... and count your stock... Match the 2 together and email everyone who ordered with a yes or no! There will be a lot less confusion that way!
    *Awaiting my 32 gig TouchPad. Order 4415XXX. Estimated ship date, Sept 3rd. Estimated Delivery date Sept 7th*
    hp200lx likes this.
    1-888-728-9985 heres the number if i remember correctly.
    I believe they are working really hard to fulfill all orders before their cutoff time of 4:00 am on 8/22. The phone calls seem to be getting a canned reply, meant to please the caller. I have checked both status pages, one requiring email/password/zipcode, the other requiring hp/web order #, and both are different results. One states shpmt date of 9/6, which seems logical, the other shows shpmt date of 9/11, which is a Sunday, and not logical unless they are using a nightshift for shipments. Guess it will come when it comes.
    So where the hell do you check orders online? HP has numerous different sites (that of course can only be located via Google) and only one of them will take the 'HP' login and password that I signed up with. I believe it was the SMB site, as that had worked before, but I can't find anywhere to put in my login. It'll take my order number... but it won't recognize it.
    This is the worst web design I have ever seen.
    I called the number I posted. Got someone with in 30 seconds or so. Spoke with Johnathan, I gave him my order number. He said my order looks good. I told him my order says 2 ordered 2 allocated. He said if youre seeing that and not back ordered you should be seeing yours very soon. I sure hope so, I dont care if soon is september 20th...
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    So where the hell do you check orders online? HP has numerous different sites (that of course can only be located via Google) and only one of them will take the 'HP' login and password that I signed up with. I believe it was the SMB site, as that had worked before, but I can't find anywhere to put in my login. It'll take my order number... but it won't recognize it.
    This is the worst web design I have ever seen.
    -The one that requires your email and password*
    Search for Order Status -- HP's Small & Medium Business Online Store
    -The one that requires your order number and date of order*
    https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl
    Kurt, don't like the comments? Block them, or read over them.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt178 View Post
    quit with the hostile comments
    kurt178 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AYacullo View Post
    I called the number I posted. Got someone with in 30 seconds or so. Spoke with Johnathan, I gave him my order number. He said my order looks good. I told him my order says 2 ordered 2 allocated. He said if youre seeing that and not back ordered you should be seeing yours very soon. I sure hope so, I dont care if soon is september 20th...
    My hope is slowly dying.

Mine is showing up under the B/O column. I got excited last Friday because the order info updated with a new shipping date. Hasn't changed since, still showing up on the B/O column.

Guess I'll continue to wait this out and maybe they'll cancel my order sometime before Christmas so I can start trying to buy something else while all the other tablets are being bought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    Ha you think 30 mins is bad I waited for 5 hours on Friday. I just spent my whole day on hold.

Anyways on saturday I called this #tel:866-625-0759 (the one i got from the order confirmation email) and rather than pressing the #3 for "inquiries on existing orders" I pressed #1 for "sales" and got right through.
    Thanks for this # - it worked, press 2, then 1 and actually spoke to someone in <1min... too bad they couldn't help me with my order.

Sales Rep said that HP is supposed to be sending (according to him, within 24-48 hours a tracking e-mail) - *** I can't confirm this myself to be valid...