Page 37 of 185 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Kinda passed, eh?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Actual movement on my order status. Updated this evening, now says ship date 8/29, however, also says still backordered. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I know a lot of people are very anxious to find out when their TP will ship. Many have been told by HP CSR's that their order is in the warehouse. Let's try to clarify what "in the warehouse" actually means. It basically means three things have happened. First, your order has been received by HP. second, your credit has been processed and approved by HP. Finally, it means that the sales department forwarded your approved sale down to the warehouse to be filled and shipped.Nothing more. When your order gets to the warehouse it is lined up behind other orders for the same product that were approved before yours. It does not mean that HP sales had any kind of handle on stock levels. Our orders could be "in the warehouse" waiting to be filled with non-existant stock. Meaning, HP might come back to many of us and tell us that they cannot fill our orders. On the other hand, as I've stated before, the warehouses could just be completely overwhelmed at this point (I prefer the overwhelmed idea). Regardless, HP should have had the time at this point to recconcile their current orders with known stock levels on-hand, and in the pipeline. Which should give them the ability to let customers know for sure if a device will be available for them. While they might not be able to give an exact shipping date for a particular order (although they should be able to give better estimates than they have been giving, based on order number, and how many units their staff can handle per day), they certainly should be able to give us significantly better "approximate" shipping dates.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Actual movement on my order status. Updated this evening, now says ship date 8/29, however, also says still backordered. Go figure.
    Yours is like mine. I think they move it one day at a time in hope that one day they'll be right. However, what they're really doing is aggrevating their customers, and tarnishing their reputation.
    Last edited by fwinst; 08/28/2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Mine says should be delivered by Sept 14 Damn.
    I think they might have a whole bunch coming from the factories that were both completed and needed additional assembly.
    The wait is keeping HP in the news and also when they get your email address from the TP notify list they will use it to sell you something else.
    Example , email I got tonight

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Store.

We are very sorry that we were not able to reply to your email earlier. We have some bulk of emails to attend to. Please be assured that we are doing our best to answer all emails from our valued customers, and that includes you, Walt.

I am pleased to know that you are interested in the HP TouchPad.

We are currently out of stock on the TouchPad. We have received a notification that we should get some more in stock within this week.

We do not know how many will come into inventory; however, I can sign you up for an email notification as to when stock has been replenished. The stocks will then be available in a first come, first served basis. Would you like for me to add you to our list? I just need your e-mail address, and the model you are interested in.

Do not worry, xxxx. I filled out the necessary form so you will be sent the notification when the TouchPad will be available.

This is just a notification process, units will be available on a first come, first serve basis. They will be limited one per customer/household. We do not know how many units we will be receiving, and we do not know when the units will be arriving. We have a TouchPad FAQ page now on our site where you can also check for more information at HP® Official Store —Buy HP Laptops, Notebook PCs, Printers, Desktop Computers, Handhelds, Scanners, Monitors, and Calculators direct from HP

How would you like to have a regular notebook PC, instead?

I recommend you consider the HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC. Love it, show it off, take it everywhere. Good looks and great performance team up with a built-in fingerprint reader in our Pavilion dm4-2050us. You also get a hi-definition webcam with dual-array digital microphones for keeping you in touch, plus plenty of ports-including HDMI-for staying connected and entertained.

We have it in stock today. You may place your order online, or you may directly call our Sales Center at the number below to place your order. Please view this PC in the link:

HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC, steel gray aluminum | HP® Official Store

I hope this information has been of assistance to you xxxx. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reply to this message if there is anything else we can do.

For your convenience, you may also call the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center directly at 1-888-222-0029, select Option 2, then Option 5, between 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Before I forget, would you like to be updated with the very latest here at HP? Our HP E-newsletter will provide you with exclusive information on new products, price drops, coupons and other promotions. For you to subscribe, please refer to this URL (subscription is free):

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...tPage=news_sub

HP remains committed to creating and supporting great products and services. HP really wants you to enjoy your product.

Thank you for shopping at the HP Home & Home Office Store. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Regards,

Ruby
    HP Home and Home Office Store
    E-Mail/Chat Representative
    Tell us about your shopping and email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our customer satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.
    Why do people keep posting that their orders show "backordered". Where is that on your order page? Mine shows what I ordered in the "ordered" column and the same quantities in the "allocated" column. No updates since the 25th however!
    If you LOOK on the screen shots, it shows BACKORDERED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    Why do people keep posting that their orders show "backordered". Where is that on your order page? Mine shows what I ordered in the "ordered" column and the same quantities in the "allocated" column. No updates since the 25th however!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    If you LOOK on the screen shots, it shows BACKORDERED!!!
    OK-Mine has never had anything listed in the B/O column. I guess that's good for me?
    HP receives product returns every day--PC's, printers, calculators ... everything. Returned items are routed to the proper handlers for inspection and testing. Testing will determine that each returned unit is either still sellable as new, or in need of repair to be sold as refurbished, or to be scrapped for parts.

Most days, returns are low to moderate volume ... just an ordinary part of the routine. But HP doesn't have the procedures or the staff in place to handle the massive returns that have resulted from HP's decision to discontinue all webOS devices. They don't know now many units are coming in until they receive them, and they don't know how many of those units are sellable until they inspect them. According to at least one HP operator, they have returned inventory still waiting to be processed.

I think HP has handled the entire webOS situation poorly. But, given the decision to shut down production and sale of webOS devices, I think they're doing a decent job. I think you would be hard pressed to find a manufacturer that could handle the fire sale and return volume any better than they are doing. Remember, their system handles a higher volume of PC and printer sales than any other company in the world. If that system is having trouble with the fire sale, then what manufacturing company do you believe has a system that would possibly handle this situation any better? My bet is none.
    - Bubba
    Who's returning all these "supposed" devices????????? Do you work at HP????????

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    HP receives product returns every day--PC's, printers, calculators ... everything. Returned items are routed to the proper handlers for inspection and testing. Testing will determine that each returned unit is either still sellable as new, or in need of repair to be sold as refurbished, or to be scrapped for parts.

Most days, returns are low to moderate volume ... just an ordinary part of the routine. But HP doesn't have the procedures or the staff in place to handle the massive returns that have resulted from HP's decision to discontinue all webOS devices. They don't know now many units are coming in until they receive them, and they don't know how many of those units are sellable until they inspect them. According to at least one HP operator, they have returned inventory still waiting to be processed.

I think HP has handled the entire webOS situation poorly. But, given the decision to shut down production and sale of webOS devices, I think they're doing a decent job. I think you would be hard pressed to find a manufacturer that could handle the fire sale and return volume any better than they are doing. Remember, their system handles a higher volume of PC and printer sales than any other company in the world. If that system is having trouble with the fire sale, then what manufacturing company do you believe has a system that would possibly handle this situation any better? My bet is none.
    I don't think it's legal to sell any returned item as new. At the least they have to classify it as refurbished. Maybe they could if the packaging seals haven't been broken or disturbed and it came straight from a distibution warehouse.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Mine was canceled and removed, same with BN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    I don't think it's legal to sell any returned item as new.
    Under federal law, the key question is whether the item has been used. If the TP has been turned on by a prior purchaser (easy for HP to determine), then it has been "used" to at least some degree by that purchaser. In that case, the item cannot be sold as new. But if HP inspects the item, determines that it has never been turned on, and determines that in all other respects the item is in the same condition as a new TP, then HP is free to re-box it and sell it as "new."

This has been the law for a long time, and was confirmed to be specifically applicable to consumer electronics by a letter that Sony obtained from the Federal Trade Commission in 2006.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    Mine was canceled and removed, same with BN.com
    What did your order numbers look like? When did you order?

Curious minds wanna know.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    HP says that orders placed with HP's online store before 4:00am CT Monday August 22 will be honored, but orders placed after that will be cancelled.

HP Touchpad - Tablet PCs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Bubba
    @bubba, no good. were you able to pick one up elsewhere?

Edit: Read your post wrong, and evidently i can delete it...
    This email is from Home and Home Office, not Small and Medium Business (covered in this thread). Order-tracking systems are different. Which did you purchase from?

Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    I think they might have a whole bunch coming from the factories that were both completed and needed additional assembly.
    The wait is keeping HP in the news and also when they get your email address from the TP notify list they will use it to sell you something else.
    Example , email I got tonight

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Store.

We are very sorry that we were not able to reply to your email earlier. We have some bulk of emails to attend to. Please be assured that we are doing our best to answer all emails from our valued customers, and that includes you, Walt.

I am pleased to know that you are interested in the HP TouchPad.

We are currently out of stock on the TouchPad. We have received a notification that we should get some more in stock within this week.

We do not know how many will come into inventory; however, I can sign you up for an email notification as to when stock has been replenished. The stocks will then be available in a first come, first served basis. Would you like for me to add you to our list? I just need your e-mail address, and the model you are interested in.

Do not worry, xxxx. I filled out the necessary form so you will be sent the notification when the TouchPad will be available.

This is just a notification process, units will be available on a first come, first serve basis. They will be limited one per customer/household. We do not know how many units we will be receiving, and we do not know when the units will be arriving. We have a TouchPad FAQ page now on our site where you can also check for more information at HP® Official Store —Buy HP Laptops, Notebook PCs, Printers, Desktop Computers, Handhelds, Scanners, Monitors, and Calculators direct from HP

How would you like to have a regular notebook PC, instead?

I recommend you consider the HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC. Love it, show it off, take it everywhere. Good looks and great performance team up with a built-in fingerprint reader in our Pavilion dm4-2050us. You also get a hi-definition webcam with dual-array digital microphones for keeping you in touch, plus plenty of ports-including HDMI-for staying connected and entertained.

We have it in stock today. You may place your order online, or you may directly call our Sales Center at the number below to place your order. Please view this PC in the link:

HP Pavilion dm4-2050us Notebook PC, steel gray aluminum | HP® Official Store

I hope this information has been of assistance to you xxxx. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reply to this message if there is anything else we can do.

For your convenience, you may also call the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center directly at 1-888-222-0029, select Option 2, then Option 5, between 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, seven days a week.

Before I forget, would you like to be updated with the very latest here at HP? Our HP E-newsletter will provide you with exclusive information on new products, price drops, coupons and other promotions. For you to subscribe, please refer to this URL (subscription is free):

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...tPage=news_sub

HP remains committed to creating and supporting great products and services. HP really wants you to enjoy your product.

Thank you for shopping at the HP Home & Home Office Store. We value your business and support. Our goal is to continue bringing you quality products and solutions.

Regards,

Ruby
    HP Home and Home Office Store
    E-Mail/Chat Representative
    Tell us about your shopping and email experience so that we can make improvements!

Please complete our customer satisfaction survey.

*Prices, promotions and availability are subject to change. Orders may be subject to applicable sales tax, shipping and handling charges.
    Totally just woke up, had an EXTREMELY vivid dream that my order status went to "Shipped." WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME HP?!?! Of course i went in and checked both status sites and... yeah... well still admin/processing. DAMN YOU BRAIN!
    Whoa, went to check on my order, put in order number same info came up. Clicked on the hp web order number and it took me to a German site with some one elses order for monitors. Anyone else get anything strange?