Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    I could probably resell them for what I have in them + ship cost to resell.

    Just irritates me about how poorly HP has handled this whole saga.
    I agree. I placed my order right away when SMB went live, and my order has been sitting in Admin/processing for a week with no signs of life. HP really needs to communicate better to its customers on these orders rather than having them just sit there with no update or anything.

    The phone support is no better, they just randomly give you a ship date. Told me it would go out Tuesday, then Thursday, now next week. Seems like no one knows whats going on.
  2. #662  
    Wow. Most people would be glad just to get one.
    I know I would be! No shipping argument here lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that all the inaccurate information in the order status screens is just that - - inaccurate, and a bunch of b/s...

    According to that information, I was supposed to have HAD two by today according to the dates, but still in backorder/admin......

    HP really f***ed up this deal for alot of folks. I don't think HP even knows what's still going on.

    My temp credit card auths fell off. I'm to the point if they finally DO ship without any confirmation about shipping, i'll just REFUSE them when they do come (I don't want to be fighting a battle afterwards either if they really DO charge me shipping).....

    I'll never do business with HP again....Ashame, because I own ALL hp equipment, and would have liked to had a newer desktop, but all of this Touchpad crap has put a sour taste in my mouth. Think I'll just order a nice ACER at Compusa.

    So long HP!
    kurt178 likes this.
  3. #663  
    Well I just got off the with HP, cause I jsut discovered that they cancelled the charge, but the order is still valid.

    According to the rep, they did cancel the charge, but I have absolutely zero confirmation about it with my bank. The HP rep said just make sure to have the funds available when the time comes. Then I threw out the question about order status, knowing that I'll get a vague answer. SHe said that my order looks good and that there's no sign for reason why they should cancel it. So the order still looks good and might get one maybe next 2 weeks (I'm guesstimating)
  4. midas69's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #664  
    I think a few people are confusing a pending charge with an actual charge. HP put a pending charge on the card as soon as the order was processed. But most banks have a limit of anywhere from 3 to 7 days that a pending charge will stay on your account. After that point, unless an actual charge is processed, it will drop off.

    Most companies will not put an actual charge on your card until they actually ship your order.
    untitled likes this.
  5. #665  
    MIGHT = keyword

    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    So the order still looks good and might get one maybe next 2 weeks (I'm guesstimating)
  6. #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    I think a few people are confusing a pending charge with an actual charge. HP put a pending charge on the card as soon as the order was processed. But most banks have a limit of anywhere from 3 to 7 days that a pending charge will stay on your account. After that point, unless an actual charge is processed, it will drop off.

    Most companies will not put an actual charge on your card until they actually ship your order.
    Thank you for spelling this out. Should put to rest a lot of questions.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  7. maoshouse's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Ah jeez. You gotta be kidding me. My order was Sunday (4/21) morning (not sure of the exact time) but HP lists it as Monday afternoon (4/22). So, even though I placed my order before the cutoff, HP's "enterprise" systems choked and didn't record it properly and my order's cancelled?

    Bunk!
    same here! I ordered on sunday morning at 4am. but the website given on the confirmation mail was 8/22 after 1pm, what does this mean?
  8. #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    same here! I ordered on sunday morning at 4am. but the website given on the confirmation mail was 8/22 after 1pm, what does this mean?
    A previous poster suggested that the announcement applied to only the timing of our orders, not when HP put it through. So, maybe, there's still some hope. Not counting on it though. Still, I have not yet received a cancellation.
  9. #669  
    To use the exact verbiage that is in the HP sales tool - Any order that is listed as "Order pending" will be cancelled.

    Mo.
  10. #670  
    I would think by now that any order that's going to be canceled should already be canceled. That shouldn't be hard.

    The orders in limbo should be those that HP intends to fulfill, but hasn't yet figured out how or when they'll do it. Thus, the lack of information.

    (I know, logic doesn't always apply with HP ...)
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    kurt178 likes this.
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4touchpad View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that all the inaccurate information in the order status screens is just that - - inaccurate, and a bunch of b/s...

    According to that information, I was supposed to have HAD two by today according to the dates, but still in backorder/admin......

    HP really f***ed up this deal for alot of folks. I don't think HP even knows what's still going on.

    My temp credit card auths fell off. I'm to the point if they finally DO ship without any confirmation about shipping, i'll just REFUSE them when they do come (I don't want to be fighting a battle afterwards either if they really DO charge me shipping).....

    I'll never do business with HP again....Ashame, because I own ALL hp equipment, and would have liked to had a newer desktop, but all of this Touchpad crap has put a sour taste in my mouth. Think I'll just order a nice ACER at Compusa.

    So long HP!
    This shot of my order status (that changes almost daily now) sums up my frustration. Every day I see it will be delivered that day and then nothing comes. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #672  
    HPs servers seems to be updating to whatever the day is...my supposed "Delivery Date" was yesterday when it was the 26th...now today it says the 27th. I am betting tomorrow the Delivery Date will be the 28th, and so on...even though it has yet to ship or even get out of the "Admin" status...

    I gave in and bought a 32gb one for $260...If I do get my 16gb model I will sell it to recoup the difference I paid which was $128.84 for the 16gb model(with shipping) so I would probably ask for the firesale price when or IF I end up getting my 16gb model.
    -------------------
    They can take away a webOS device from being released on Sprint...but I will never lose my love for webOS!!!...GO TOUCHPAD!!!!

    Palm Pre - > HTC Hero - > HTC Evo 4g - > iPhone 5(soon)
    kurt178 likes this.
  13. #673  
    I caved.

    I know, I feel dirty and terrible. I need a tablet for school/work and couldn't wait until mid-September to find out whether or not I would actually be getting one from HP. So I paid too much on ebay, and I'll get my TouchPad sometime next week.

    Should my HP order actually ship, I will most likely sell my extra TouchPad here. It won't be for $150, but it will definitely be more reasonable than the jerks selling 10 a piece on ebay.
    kurt178 likes this.
  14. #674  
    Anybody here with an Order # after 4379249 which got shipped/delivered/allocated (in other words, Order Status not 'Admin')?
  15. #675  
    ordered sunday 8/21, on HP's side it shows my order placed on 8/22. Got confirmation email that my 32gig will ship 9/6.
    --Simon
  16. cerps's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by torrguy View Post
    Anybody here with an Order # after 4379249 which got shipped/delivered/allocated (in other words, Order Status not 'Admin')?
    mine was a 438xxxx and I received it shipped Monday and I received it a couple days later
  17. Dionte's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #677  
    It seems like hp had less in stock than best buy.
    kurt178 likes this.
  18. kurt178's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    same here! I ordered on sunday morning at 4am. but the website given on the confirmation mail was 8/22 after 1pm, what does this mean?
    All is ok! When I called and talked to an HP rep (Brent) I asked two main questions...how was my status and whats up with the pending charge that has disappeared.

    For my status he said, since you ordered it on Sunday it looks good but there are no guarantees. As many of you are worried, don't be. I ordered my TPs on Sunday but my order status says Monday at 6:08am. Remember, he told me "you ordered it on Sunday." I never mentioned when I ordered it.

    Now for those worry about the charges...he explained that the bank took off the pending charge. When the time comes to ship, they will reauthorize the charge. Meaning, I will not have to redo anything. I just sit back playing with my iPad (for the last few days till I shove it into the toilet) and wait for my Touchpad to arrive!
    Last edited by kurt178; 08/28/2011 at 01:20 AM.
  19. #679  
    One positive note *not shipping information* i picked up a Touchstone and Folio case for a little over 50 bucks at Walmart. If your store has these in stock print out the page from walmart.com and they "SHOULD" price match in store. Hopefully HP:SMB tells me if im getting a Touchpad before the Walmart 90 day return policy is up.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
  20. kurt178's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    One positive note *not shipping information* i picked up a Touchstone and Folio case for a little over 50 bucks at Walmart. If your store has these in stock print out the page from walmart.com and they "SHOULD" price match in store. Hopefully HP:SMB tells me if im getting a Touchpad before the Walmart 90 day return policy is up.
    I see in your signature that we both have the same Web Order Number 4400xxx and same receipt number 03055xxx...I'm also in Admin/processing
    Bassmanspiff likes this.

Posting Permissions