Page 31 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeangel View Post
    This ordeal has been frustrating so far. not sure about anyone else.

I ordered my Touchpad Saturday at around 2:45 PM CST (Order number starts with 4381). I selected UPS 2Day as it said it would ship out Monday and be at my house today. I even got a confirmation email about 10 minutes after my order that everything was okay and the money even came out of my account!

Last night I got another order confirmation out of the blue that shows they changed my shipping to BestWay. Where I live UPS is the only reliable vendor for shipping. FedEX has on many occasions delivered items to the back porch. I live in an apartment complex with no back porches. So I have no clue who this shipping company is and what happened to the money I spent for specifically picking UPS 2 day.

That plus the fact I am also in Admin hell with people that ordered after me getting theirs in the mail today.

Rant over! But anyone else in the same boat? I still have no clue why they changed my shipping. The lady I called this morning didn't even know if my order shipped or if it is in limbo. The online order status shows a order date of 08/20/2011 but a request date of Sept 1!?

Fail. I checked a couple of 32GB orders from SMB that were ordered on Sunday that already showed "Delivered" I wonder why some people are stuck and others are not..?
    My ups 2 day order was updated to Bestway. I havent heard of any fedex people being switched to bestway.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just called 1-888-728-9985 and got an actual human within seconds. He confirmed my order and said it was in the warehouse waiting to be shipped, but didn't have a date.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaz25 View Post
    My ups 2 day order was updated to Bestway. I havent heard of any fedex people being switched to bestway.
    So, do you (or does anyone) know who or what Bestway is? I've never heard of this as a carrier name. I just assumed that it was meant to mean to the shipping personnel in the warehouse: put it on the next truck that's there for a pickup. But that was just my guess. Who, otherwise, is Bestway?
    bestway = best method based on source and/or destination.

for example, fedex is sometimes better for delivery to a multiple-dwelling unit than UPS.

but if it is coming from a warehouse adjacent to the UPS airplane hanger, that might be the best way.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgj67 View Post
    I just called 1-888-728-9985 and got an actual human within seconds. He confirmed my order and said it was in the warehouse waiting to be shipped, but didn't have a date.
    Just called and "Scott" said they are unable to track Touchpad orders and to wait for an email next week with an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Just called and "Scott" said they are unable to track Touchpad orders and to wait for an email next week with an update.
    I had Scott before, he doesn't give out helpful answers unless you're buying stuff that is not TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    The number I called was 1-888-728-9985.

I got through almost immediately.
    I used the number, and got through almost instantly also, he said they don't ship on Sundays but my ship date is 8/28 and that's Sunday(maybe they mean Monday) and delivery Thursday 9/1.
    Man I may end up getting screwed out of my Touchpad order.

I ordered a Touchpad on 8/21 at about 3:30am Eastern. I got an email confirmation on 8/22 and everything. It says the estimated ship date is 8/26 but so far today (its now 10pm Eastern) the charge has not been drafted to my card, and no shipping confirmation email.

I was going to wait a week to pay my car payment (not a late payment) so I could snatch up this Touchpad deal, but if HP does not charge and ship my order today, the car payment is going to come out first, and there won't be enough money left for the Touchpad order.

This is making me ill...
    Ordered early on the 20th. Called SB sales earlier today (first time I've called) and was told it would be a MONTH before my unit shipped. She said it had to be built from existing parts and shipped from the manufacturing location.

Hmm... That didn't sound right, so I called again just a few minutes ago. This time I talked to a much more knowledgeable sales rep, he confirmed I'd be shipping Monday.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Ordered early on the 20th. Called SB sales earlier today (first time I've called) and was told it would be a MONTH before my unit shipped. She said it had to be built from existing parts and shipped from the manufacturing location.

Hmm... That didn't sound right, so I called again just a few minutes ago. This time I talked to a much more knowledgeable sales rep, he confirmed I'd be shipping Monday.
    These are the posts that make my head spin. I won't believe anything until I'm holding the TouchPad in my sweaty little hands ... and maybe not even then.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    kurt178 likes this.
    is anyone having their order date on the blue status page fulfilled? mine says Aug. 27, tomorrow (Saturday) which is pretty realistic....
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riorox View Post
    is anyone having their order date on the blue status page fulfilled? mine says Aug. 27, tomorrow (Saturday) which is pretty realistic....
    Mine says tomorrow too, when I called earlier the rep told me it already shipped and that I would get it on the 29th, I don't think it did tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionte View Post
    Mine says tomorrow too, when I called earlier the rep told me it already shipped and that I would get it on the 29th, I don't think it did tho.
    what's your delivery date? both my pages say the 30th which is tuesday. I guess if it's coming from Indianapolis, that too is realistic (i'm only 2 hours from there).

what's your order number too? i have 030543xxx
    well today HP split my order in two, the TP's on one and accesories in a separate one then I got confirmation of the order via email with only the TP's and total amount without the accesories. shipping 9/12

does this mean I wont be getting the accesories? or will they be invoiced and shipped separately?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    I called SMB at 1-888-728-9985 today at 4pm Pacific and got through to a person with no hold time. He said my two orders (1 TP each) from 8/20 were still active, though no guarantee and no ship date. He said they had been dealing with 85,000 orders, thus the backup. They still didn't have a complete grasp on how many or which orders would be filled. He also said to expect an update email with 48 hours, but with today being Friday, I wouldn't expect anything until mid-week.
    *twidles thumbs* still sitting here, Admin status... 03055xxx order number and 4400xxx p.o. number. it would just be really nice to know if i should start buying my accessories or not. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    *twidles thumbs* still sitting here, Admin status... 03055xxx order number and 4400xxx p.o. number. it would just be really nice to know if i should start buying my accessories or not. *sigh*
    If it helps… you're not alone.
    Misery loves company, right? Well, i wouldn't call this misery... uneasiness? Yeah, thats probably the right word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    It's officially been 6 days since I ordered... and still don't know what's going on. At this point, I'm just trying to forget about it. I'll get it if and when I get it! I remember @BrynaAtHP saying earlier this week that they were going to get a second wave, but that hasn't happened. I can only imagine that this "second wave" is coming for people that already ordered and are back-ordered like myself.
    kurt178 likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    like many, I'm still in admin status. Ordered in the morning on sunday (EST).

This has gotten silly. It doesn't take 6 days to count to 1,000,000 (or whatever the number sold was). I was understanding for a few days, but at a certain point the excuses wear thin.

-Jeff