Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185
Results 3,681 to 3,697 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I did overclock mine (to 1.5). I left my daughter's TP at 1.2 to check the difference. It's not an "OMG" moment. However, there certainly is a difference. I agree with Tojorisin, I wouldn't go any higher. From what I've read, when people go to 1.7, they start having issues.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    With only hours remaining in the month of October, I am curious if everyone who ordered from SMB received at least a shipping confirmation yet per HP's promise?????
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Good lord I forgot about this thread...
    Received my last 16 today that is for a friend. It is finally over for me. Well unless I have to send it in for repairs at some point. I will use my 32 Touchpad for when I travel to countries where petty crime can be an issue, but it will not replace my ipad 2 in day to day life. Worth every penny of the fire sale price without doubt though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I did overclock mine (to 1.5). I left my daughter's TP at 1.2 to check the difference. It's not an "OMG" moment. However, there certainly is a difference. I agree with Tojorisin, I wouldn't go any higher. From what I've read, when people go to 1.7, they start having issues.
    I'm running my smbs TP at 1.8 using F4 and having no issues.
    I run 1.7 no problems at all, one notch higher is an instant lockup though.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Well, has everyone received their touchpads? It's the end of October! It's funny, I used my touchpad so much in the first 3 days but I've barely touched it since. It's sitting on my bed right now, pretty long standby time.
    I use my from the time I get home til the time I go to bed
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    sara.ramli and Yes I Did like this.
    I got mine last week but we were out of town so didn't have a chance to play until this weekend. I did the fixes in the Getting Started guide, including the overclocking & that helped a lot. I then installed Android as a dual boot & really like the Android version. WebOS is fine, but it's nice being able to play with different OSes on the Touchpad.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    Well, folks, I finally have my 2 packages in my hot little hands. Ten weeks, 1 day, and 23 hours after my order was completed. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now, so un-boxing, charging, and spiffing up will have to wait. Hey, I've waited this long, what's a few more hours

See you all in the Touchpad forums.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    zoey_s and Yes I Did like this.
    Got mine yesterday! Been playing around with it, installing some apps and stuff.

If I buy an App on the Pre, will it get installed on the TP and viceversa or does it only do that after a full erase and restore?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    zoey, did you "overclock" your touchpad. Last night, we were on the getting started menu when the message stated "may void your hp warranty". The discussion this caused was tremendous...I believe it was fwinst or Major Payne who stated there touchpad ran improved tremendously...wondering about you.
    I did overclock after blundering around a bit, (it takes my old brain awhile to figure things out), and I am very glad that I did because now TV programs run much more smoothly without a lot of buffering.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Yes I Did and spiderwort like this.
    [QUOTE=hdjulie;3232220]I got mine last week but we were out of town so didn't have a chance to play until this weekend. I did the fixes in the Getting Started guide, including the overclocking & that helped a lot. I then installed Android as a dual boot & really like the Android version. WebOS is fine, but it's nice being able to play with different OSes on the Touchpad.[/QUOTE

Good for you HDJulie - I'm too much of a coward to try that (lol)...I actually think I will hire someone to put on the screen protector...pathetic, I admit it!
    So - looks like everyone has received their touchpads. I'll turn out the lights :-)
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjulie View Post
    So - looks like everyone has received their touchpads. I'll turn out the lights :-)
    Somehow the perfect metaphor -- at several levels

Last edited by midmofan; 11/07/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Somehow the perfect metaphor -- at several levels

It's true that we were all in the dark most of the time.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    It's true that we were all in the dark most of the time.
    Yes, for some time we were all the mushrooms of the tech world.
    zoey_s likes this.