Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    (and this was from my computer, not a phone, not a tablet, and I hit submit only once!)
    Last edited by spiderwort; 10/28/2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: delete duplicate post
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    Hello Laura,

Thank you for responding to the Hewlett Packard survey that was sent to you regarding your recent purchase.
    Well your response was better than what I got. They didn't even try to offer an explanation as to why things were so screwed up.

Thank you for responding to the Hewlett Packard survey that was sent to you regarding your recent purchase. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to express your concern with your ordering experience, your feedback is very important to us. I am truly sorry that your HP experience was not a positive one due to the delay of the Touchpad and lack of good order status information. We always want our customers to feel good about their experience, so the information you have provided will help us to improve upon situations such as this.
    Just pathetic customer service all the way around.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    BTW, our HP CE was here yesterday and we got to talking about the Touchpad. He was able to order one through the Employee Purchase Program. But even he had trouble. He tried to order a 32GB but they cancelled his order due to a problem with his bank account. He has no idea what the problem was but he was finally able to get a 16GB one but he's not happy about it.
    allowingtoo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderwort View Post
    SHIPPED!!!!! TRACKING NUMBERS!!! SERIAL NUMBERS!!!

Much excitement here!!

I know in a queue, _someone_ has to be last, but I certainly didn't expect it to be me!
    Glad to hear that everyone got it..and finally your long wait is over..

My 3rd and 4th will be delivered by UPS today.. my daughter is going to be surprised and happy..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'll belatedly say I got mine last weekend from smb. Was worth the 2 month wait.
    gspec likes this.

Much excitement here!!

I know in a queue, _someone_ has to be last, but I certainly didn't expect it to be me!
    Kinda looks like your the one that has to shut off the lights. Seems everyone that signed up to be notified are not receiving the bad news email that they are totally out of stock.

It was worth waiting for tho.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    As if I didn't have enough on the emotional roller coaster since 8/21. I ordered a $19.99 bluetooth keyboard from HP's H&HO store on 10/18, which was in stock and shipped FedEx SmartPost. According to FedEx, the package made it to Allentown, PA last Friday (10/21), tracking info was sent to the postal service, and then it left the FedEx facility. Seven days later, FedEx says that the package is still "in transit" and USPS says that they received the e-shipping info on 10/21 but not the package yet. I hope that someone at FedEx didn't see the HP label and assume that it was a valuable Touchpad or something that was worth stealing! Guess that I'll have to file a missing package report next week, which should be long enough for them to deliver it even with the snow coming into the northeast from Hades freezing over.

On the "what nerve" front, HP actually sent me a reminder e-mail today that I still haven't filled out the online survey for my SMB TP fiasco. Should I mention that the survey e-mails received in the last week now equal the number of customer update e-mails that I received in the entire two months before delivery?????
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    For the record, I did NOT double-click the post button. I think that they hired HP's programmers from "The Vista" to re-write this forum software!!!!!
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    My three 32GB Touchpads finally came. Have been using a 16 GB form Best Buy.

Will need to sell the 32GBs.

I found a netbook with Linux on it can do more.

Hope someday, we can natively boot Linux distro from the Touchpads.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loubapache View Post
    My three 32GB Touchpads finally came. Have been using a 16 GB form Best Buy.

Will need to sell the 32GBs.

I found a netbook with Linux on it can do more.

Hope someday, we can natively boot Linux distro from the Touchpads.
    Well you can run Android but that's not the Linux you're talking about I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5461 View Post
    Well you can run Android but that's not the Linux you're talking about I assume.
    Once it is officially released, I will try.

Google is going to release Chrome for Android in the future.

The main issue with the Touchpad is the lack of a mainstream modern browser.

Much excitement here!!

I think that maybe you really were the last because I read on Google News that HP is announcing that there are no TPs left!
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    zoey, did you "overclock" your touchpad. Last night, we were on the getting started menu when the message stated "may void your hp warranty". The discussion this caused was tremendous...I believe it was fwinst or Major Payne who stated there touchpad ran improved tremendously...wondering about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    Yes, thank you - I do hold some reservations... as you mentioned, it's something I'll contemplate after checking out some of the other useful threads here on what people have lately been exploring on touchpad fun, practicality and creativity... regarding profits, that was not a motive... probably $50 extra would be nice for all the hassle of all the extra shipping I paid. I don't own a television... but then again, Thanksgiving is coming up too...

Well the darn TP finally arrived a few days back - still in the box... will decide within the coming week or so on whether to keep it or not. Thought I'd just end the follow up since August on this hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    zoey, did you "overclock" your touchpad. Last night, we were on the getting started menu when the message stated "may void your hp warranty". The discussion this caused was tremendous...I believe it was fwinst or Major Payne who stated there touchpad ran improved tremendously...wondering about you.
    Yes I Did, I thought that I was going to overclock, but I installed the Kindle app. and I have been reading and not doing much else. I came late to computers (I was past my 65th birthday), but once I discovered linux, I was hooked. I will need to find and follow the directions for overclocking, because I don't have a clue! I think that I will see if I can just be happy with the OS update for awhile. Did you decide to overclock? I have read quite a few posts stating that it improved things a lot.
    Last edited by zoey_s; 10/29/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    I haven't overclocked and I've been perfectly happy with the performance. Especially after the OS update made the App Catalog start to perform better.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    Yes I Did, I thought that I was going to overclock, but I installed the Kindle app. and I have been reading and not doing much else. I came late to computers (I was past my 65th birthday), but once I discovered linux, I was hooked. I will need to find and follow the directions for overclocking, because I don't have a clue! I think that I will see if I can just be happy with the OS update for awhile. Did you decide to overclock? I have read quite a few posts stating that it improved things a lot.
    Well, I am over the hill myself and I installed CM7 to dual boot and I have to say it is very good. It was a learning curve, but then WebOS was too, for me. I've never used either, WebOS or Android. There was a heart stopping couple of hours that I thought I had bricked it but after Googling it (forever!) I found I had just not held the home and off button down long enough to get to the USB screen while installing it. It's easier I think if you're not trying to install it on a 64 bit computer like I was. I like the Android web browser's over the WebOS, Dolphin and Opera. They ask if you would like to save your passwords. Well yes, that would be nice! And there are several eReader options to choose from - that was a plus for me as I use Mobilism a lot. However I am glad for the dual boot as HBO go won't work on Android, only WebOS for Comcast for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    Yes I Did - Just my 2 cents: I read up on this quite a bit and did the overclock, but only to 1.5 ghz. I have been running it for a week now and no issues. I would not recommend going any higher than 1.5.
    Proud recipient of 2-32GB Touchpads from the firesale as of 10/24
    congrats sipderwort! I am happy your order is finally on its way to you!
    Proud recipient of 2-32GB Touchpads from the firesale as of 10/24
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    Zoey, hubby and I did overclock. We followed the directions by ncinerate and so far so good. Has it changed anything...couldn't tell you for we did this directly after the update to 3.0.4 Hubby has been playing Angry Birds when we lost power (actually, just got it back) and once we charge the touchpad again (he is addicted to that game) we will finish up with the suggestions by ncinerate. Will let you know how it goes...