Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jumphour View Post
    Mine just got dropped off 2 minutes ago. I ordered on 8/20/11 at about 4pm ET, got the confirmation email @ 6:08pm. Order #4382xxx. I got the "6-8 weeks" email on 9/7/11. I freaked out on 9/15 when I got a new charge card earlier than expected, so I called HP and had them change the info, but I was still afraid something would go wrong and I wouldn't get my order! I'd have been mad since I ordered the Touchstone, cases, skin. I got my shipment status email on 10/7/11 @ 2:59pm with the estimated delivery date of 10/11/11, then the "within the next 2 weeks" email @ 7:35pm that day.

Now the package is sitting on my bed and I'm gonna open it now. Yay!

edit: ......and it has to go back. White pressure type spot I just read about in top left corner of screen. Ugh.

edit: I called on 10/11 to report the defect. The girl at tech support (not very friendly!) told me that they'd try to repair it and I should get it back in 7-10 working days. Then in the next breath said it'd probably be much longer than that due to parts shortages, and if it wasn't repairable, I'd get a refurb. I said fine, whatever.

I got an e-mail on the 21st saying a device was shipped to me. I assumed I was getting a refurb. But it was my device, matching #'s, no spot on the screen. So I was pretty happy, didn't have to pay for shipping, etc. I really hope you guys still waiting get yours soon! I kinda feel bad that I got mine, sent it back, had it repaired, and still have it before the rest of you. I think it's worth the wait though. Nice device (for the money). Still loving my Xoom though. I mounted the TP on my wall, looks neat.
    Whoops, thought my edit would put this in the newest replies...forgot I had to reply to get it to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    and I have been preparing for my dinner party all day...tomorrow- I'm on the "Getting Started Forum". Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Where is the getting started thread? I went to the getting started guide (sticky thread) and couldn't find anyone there. Was looking for major payne, yes i did, and others that were in the thread for the long haul.

Did Jasmine? get her's yet?
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    LoisRR, I'm be on that thread tomorrow afternoon. Dinner party was great and ran very late (for me that is). The "getting started guide by ncinerate" is where I'll be...hum, wonder where the Major is? See ya there!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderwort View Post
    Glad to hear about all of you getting your TPs. I'm wondering if I'm the only one left here still back ordered? It sure is getting quiet. I'm betting that HP warehouse is beginning to get some echoes.
    Not checking this thread as much as I was when waiting for my order, but still keeping an eye on it and hoping you get yours! You may want to give them a call if you have not seen any activity. Given the flurry of orders fulfilled in the past couple weeks, you should have probably heard something by now. I'll put out good vibes in your direction!
    Proud recipient of 2-32GB Touchpads from the firesale as of 10/24
    zoey_s and spiderwort like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Oh i just got the Email requesting me to take the survey for the order i placed with HP SMB... oh dear

How do I explain my frustration... Let me count thy ways.
    Oh PLEASE fill out the survey! I tried to multi quote but can't quite figure that out. I actually had a handwritten? response to mine and a somewhat broad apology. She did actually reference my TouchPad Truss case order by number (the one that was back ordered but they didn't bother to tell me that when I ordered and I ordered with 1 day shipping since it was only $1.00 more). I didn't have that in my survey, so she did take the time or something to look up my history.

But she didn't actually say anything specific except HP had a lot of orders and it caused problems. I don't have the email on this computer, I'll see if I still have it on my other computer.

DO fill it out and send it in though. They did read it.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Finally, the long wait is over! Typing on my touchpad after 2 months and 6 days of agony and following this forum. For those who have not yet received theirs, hold on just a little longer, it is well worth it! Build quality seems very good.

32g HP TouchPad
    3057***
    442****

It could use some extra pep, on my way to getting started thread and updates... Also dual booting Android most likely.

Thanks HP! :-)
    zoey_s likes this.
    YOU NEED TO DO

I just wanted to pop back in here and give some advice/feedback to first time WebOS/Touchpad owners like me. I'm posting this here b/c I just didn't want to take the time to go through all the forum posts, and thought this might be helpful

1) I updated to the WebOS v3.04 as soon as I got the TP (a week ago). At first just navigating the device was a bit awkward, but as I played with it I got the hang of it.

2) I thought the speed was OK (not great) with the update, but it would hang quite a bit and I actually thought it was the OS, not the hardware (that was wrong). I had planned on doing the over clocking described in the getting started sticky within this forum, but 1- the guide had not yet been updated for WebOS 3.04; and 2- my initial look at the instructions made me think it was going to be a long complicated process (wrong again). I just did the over clocking and WOW.

3) I'm very grateful for the folks that have written the software and for the people that take the time to write up these "how to" posts. The over clocking "how to" is a little verbose and can be confusing. The author also uses "===========" as breaks between sections, which can also cause some confusion until you figure it out, and be aware that the sections are not numbered, so be mindful of where you are.

4) Mac users: I'm running Lion and downloaded the "Quick Install" successfully. However, Once you install that app, it'll tell you it needs to install "novacom installer", I attempted to do this several times. I would get an error message from "Stuffit Expander" saying something about like - a file needed to be requested but a folder was requested instead.... Once acknowledged the error message the "Quick Install" app would say the novacom was successfully installed. This is incorrect, the app will not be able to connect to the TP. Fortunately I have access to a PC, which didn't have any problems with the novacom portion of the install.

5) If you can get though this w/o any hitches, as I did above, this whole thing shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. The difference is something that's next to unusable to something that runs as it should have from the factory.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Yes I Did likes this.
    YOU NEED TO DO

I just wanted to pop back in here and give some advice/feedback to first time WebOS/Touchpad owners like me. I'm posting this here b/c I just didn't want to take the time to go through all the forum posts, and thought this might be helpful

1) I updated to the WebOS v3.04 as soon as I got the TP (a week ago). At first just navigating the device was a bit awkward, but as I played with it I got the hang of it.

2) I thought the speed was OK (not great) with the update, but it would hang quite a bit and I actually thought it was the OS, not the hardware (that was wrong). I had planned on doing the over clocking described in the getting started sticky within this forum, but 1- the guide had not yet been updated for WebOS 3.04; and 2- my initial look at the instructions made me think it was going to be a long complicated process (wrong again). I just did the over clocking and WOW.

3) I'm very grateful for the folks that have written the software and for the people that take the time to write up these "how to" posts. The over clocking "how to" is a little verbose and can be confusing. The author also uses "===========" as breaks between sections, which can also cause some confusion until you figure it out, and be aware that the sections are not numbered, so be mindful of where you are.

4) Mac users: I'm running Lion and downloaded the "Quick Install" successfully. However, Once you install that app, it'll tell you it needs to install "novacom installer", I attempted to do this several times. I would get an error message from "Stuffit Expander" saying something about like - a file needed to be requested but a folder was requested instead.... Once acknowledged the error message the "Quick Install" app would say the novacom was successfully installed. This is incorrect, the app will not be able to connect to the TP. Fortunately I have access to a PC, which didn't have any problems with the novacom portion of the install.

5) If you can get though this w/o any hitches, as I did above, this whole thing shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. The difference is something that's next to unusable to something that runs as it should have from the factory.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    raraku - your a love...thanks for the helpful tips! Spiderwort, keeping an eye on your progress-hope your touchpad arrives soon.
    I have been using the TouchPad for little more than a week and loving it. I have updated the OS to the latest version. I also installed Uberkernal/Guvnah that gives you the option to overclock your TouchPad to 1.5 (instead of 1.2). I can clearly see the difference in speed. Flash files and HD videos are playing without a single hint of all the processing going inside.
    Due to native support of Flash, no site is off-limits for TouchPad. What you see on a desktop is what you get on TouchPad. (except perhaps Hulu - of course there is a workaround)
    While you are busy downloading the apps, look for USA Today (free). It looks very cool on TouchPad.

Due to last batch of manufacture, I was ready for minor quality issues, but the TouchPad that I have does look and feel very cool. The quality of keyboard and touchstone chargers are excellent.

Those who are still waiting, hang in there... it is worth it.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    duplicate post
    Last edited by ibar; 10/27/2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: ..not sure why it posted twice.
    Thank you all for the good vibes....I'M ALLOCATED!!! Of course....I'm back to IN warehouse...I don't know if that is good news or bad news (I'm east coast, but I thought I read somewhere in this looooong thread that they don't ship from there???). Anyway, it is progress. There have been a lot of folks who got shipping e-mail on Saturdays, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    zoey_s and Yes I Did like this.
    I was surprised to get a separate invoice in the mail yesterday, more than a week after I received my TP. I thought for a moment that they were trying to double-bill me before I saw the "remit no funds" line.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Interesting turn around for HP declaring today that Hp is not going to spin off the pc and tablet business and retain it. Hopefully, the the firesale response made some sense at the top. As a recent owner of the touchpad, i just could not resist sharing the hope that we might be seeing the touchpad or atleast the webos reborn again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    Where is the getting started thread? I went to the getting started guide (sticky thread) and couldn't find anyone there. Was looking for major payne, yes i did, and others that were in the thread for the long haul.

Did Jasmine? get her's yet?
    Yep, I've had mine for a little over 24 hours and can't seem to put it down! I'll have to wait for my husband to bring back the laptop on Saturday before I can download preware and really get going, though.

Good luck to you guys who are still waiting! It's totally worth it in the end!
    Quote Originally Posted by morrieta View Post
    Interesting turn around for HP declaring today that Hp is not going to spin off the pc and tablet business and retain it. Hopefully, the the firesale response made some sense at the top. As a recent owner of the touchpad, i just could not resist sharing the hope that we might be seeing the touchpad or atleast the webos reborn again.
    Well, maybe the Touchpad will be reborn with WebOS...or maybe Windows 8?

HP Testing Windows 8 on TouchPads

...and these two articles seem to indicate that WebOS days are numbered...

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterpri...oving-anyw.php
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...eep-webos-kill
    Last edited by steve58; 10/28/2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added two links...
    Ord#: 03057xxxx / PO#: 4419xxx (two 32GB Touchpads, delivered 10/17/11)
    Ord#: 03061xxxx / PO#: 4416xxx (one 16GB delivered 10/24/11 / one 32GB delivered 10/18/11)
    Thank you all for the good vibes....I'M ALLOCATED!!! Of course....I'm back to IN warehouse...I don't know if that is good news or bad news (I'm east coast, but I thought I read somewhere in this looooong thread that they don't ship from there???). Anyway, it is progress. There have been a lot of folks who got shipping e-mail on Saturdays, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    Good News!! Mine shipped from Indiana and it was delivered in two days to South Dakota. It is a good one too, no cracks or marks on the screen. I hope that yours is just as good!
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Spiderwort, mine initially stated CA then switched to TX. I did not pay for expediated shipping at the time and it took about 5 days to receive.

So happy that everyone seems to be getting their touchpads.

See you all in the other forums...
    zoey_s likes this.
    Hello Laura,

Thank you for responding to the Hewlett Packard survey that was sent to you regarding your recent purchase. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to express your concern with your ordering experience, your feedback is very important to us. I am truly sorry that your HP experience was not a positive one due to the delay of the Targus Touchpad case and the lack of good customer service when you called in. I do see that the CSR did provide and eta on when the Targus Case was due to ship out and set the order up for free shipping. I also wanted to apologize for the delay with your Touchpad. Unfortunately when the touchpad's went on sale the unexpected high volume and demand of this product caused the delay you encountered with your order. HP however did commit to fill every order that was placed back in August and offered free shipping to those orders. I am sorry that your HP experience was not a positive one due to the delay of your Touchpad. I do see that your 32GB Touchpad on order # 30565XXX shipped from HP on September 21st and was delivered on 9/23 via FEDEX tracking # 000000000000. We always want our customers to feel good about their experience, so the information you have provided will help us to improve upon situations such as this.

We are always looking for ways to improve, to make it easier to do business with HP. If you need assistance with any SMB order please feel free to contact our SMB customer service at 1-800-888-0292 option 3.

Once again I would like to say thank you for responding to us here at HP and letting us know your issues and concerns. We want to make your experience with us a good one on all levels.

Thanks,

Stephanie LeBlanc
    Hewlett Packard - Client Advocate
    Stephanie.LeBlanc@hp.com
    1-800-277-8988 ext. 7718294
    SHIPPED!!!!! TRACKING NUMBERS!!! SERIAL NUMBERS!!!

Much excitement here!!

I know in a queue, _someone_ has to be last, but I certainly didn't expect it to be me!
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    zoey_s and sv234 like this.