Page 171 of 185 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    Is it a 16gb or 32gb?

Still at b/o here. Time to stop watching and just wait. "A watched pot never boils."
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjulie View Post
    I'm right there with you.
    I hope that today is the day for both of you. Your TPs have been a long time a comin'. LoisRR, you may be right about the "watched pot". My shipping email came while I was out.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    So... a bit of an absence from the forums, as I've finally received my TouchPad!

After playing around with it for a bit, I'm quite happy with it. A few quirks aside (such as a slight bit of light leakage on the lower left side of the screen, sharp speaker edges, and a sliver of a label or other material sticking out of the placeholder for the SIM card slot), I'm loving webOS on a large screen!

So... here's to everyone's patience being rewarded in the next couple of weeks. For $500, the TP may have been disappointing, but for $99/$149, it's abso-smurf-ly fantastic!
    zoey_s, Yes I Did and raraku like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    SHIPPED!!!!!!!!! Whoa..... Thud Aejtg'A/dsa/j.,meoa.,dm
    Just fell off my chair.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Same here and in the same HP order 030563XXX, Web order 4408XXX range. My order was for two 16GB TouchPads and was placed around 7:30 CDT on the morning of 8/21. Mine had said "allocated" for the first ~30 days before going to backorder. I got my second "two week" email this past Friday (the first about 10 days prior) and they went to "allocated" again. Got the tracking numbers late yesterday and they finally show movement this morning.
    Yes I Did and raraku like this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mine arrived yesterday evening and it is indeed amazing. I was surprised at how slow stock is, but with a bunch of patches and UberKernel this thing is fast!

Just keep waiting. It will eventually come.
    Ordered 2x HP Touchpad 32GB @ 9:34AM EST
    Purchase #441xxxx
    Order #3056xxxx

Received shipping email 10/12/2011 @ 7:31PM EST
    Received the 2nd 2 week email

#staycoolmybabies
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    Is it a 16gb or 32gb?

Still at b/o here. Time to stop watching and just wait. "A watched pot never boils."
    32g
    Speaking on behalf of those still in the "wait and see" group, I want to extend a thanks to those providing updates and info as they get traction. I know this process would have been a dozen times more frustrating without the "cloud" of knowledge and info everyone has shared in this forum.

For those of you with progress, please keep the info coming. For those of us still waiting for any word, keep the faith!
    Proud recipient of 2-32GB Touchpads from the firesale as of 10/24
    zoey_s and manormortal like this.
    deleting duplicate post
    Proud recipient of 2-32GB Touchpads from the firesale as of 10/24
    Those of us left -- I think we fall into 3 groups:

1) Those still Back Ordered, still in the IN warehouse, still waiting on shipping info
    2) Those who are still Back Ordered but are in another warehouse now & still waiting for shipping info
    2) Those who have moved to Allocated & are waiting on shipping info

I'm in group 1.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    Quote Originally Posted by agg23 View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday evening and it is indeed amazing. I was surprised at how slow stock is, but with a bunch of patches and UberKernel this thing is fast!

Just keep waiting. It will eventually come.
    Not sure of this is old news by now, but I guess there was an update yesterday, or at least it was mentioned on engadget yesterday:

HP TouchPad gets webOS 3.0.4 update, now able to answer calls from non-webOS phones -- Engadget

Sounds like it's a notable update and brings in some new built-in features, like a native camera app.

Curious if this'll be preloaded on mine - I'll know tomorrow

agg23 - did you load this update? If so, before or after your other tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Not sure of this is old news by now, but I guess there was an update yesterday, or at least it was mentioned on engadget yesterday:

HP TouchPad gets webOS 3.0.4 update, now able to answer calls from non-webOS phones -- Engadget

Sounds like it's a notable update and brings in some new built-in features, like a native camera app.

Curious if this'll be preloaded on mine - I'll know tomorrow

agg23 - did you load this update? If so, before or after your other tweaks?
    Camera is better with the upgrade to .77.. (I have had TP for close to 2 months now). Cellphone interface is via bluetooth and works with any phone with bluetooth.. it is cool.. however SMS has limitations..not sure if it is me, but TP seem to run a lot smoother after the upgrade..my biggest fail on this is inability to checkout books from my library since it doesnt support the format..
    the wait is over. My 16g came today. Is it still an 'impulse purchase' if it takes 2 months to get it?

4383xxxx
    3059xxx
    Aug 20

Sent from my TP!
    deleted
    Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 10/19/2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: so nice I posted twice- deleted double....
    Strange - I had two orders, and two weeks ago I was told that the first one was being shipped.

Last week I got an e-mail stating that the second order was being shipped.

The second order got here today; the first order hasn't arrived yet!

Numbers 4430XXX
    4407XXX

THERE IS HOPE!!!
    Just received my TouchPad few minutes ago...

Those who are still waiting, hang in there... few more days to ago..

I also see a news item on Christian Post that HP is making another 200k for sale...

BTW, if anyone comes across Leo Apotheker, please say a thanks on my behalf. If not for this clown, we would not have had our TouchPads.

See you all at the Getting Started forum :-)
    [QUOTE=sv234;3214339]Camera is better with the upgrade to .77.. (I have had TP for close to 2 months now). Cellphone interface is via bluetooth and works with any phone with bluetooth.. it is cool.. however SMS has limitations..not sure if it is me, but TP seem to run a lot smoother after the upgrade..my biggest fail on this is inability to checkout books from my library since it doesnt support the format..[/QUOTE

Check into Calibre as it is a book program with many features, able to convert to what your reader uses. Also check Mobileread forums as there are ways to remove drm with a calibre plug-in, best to search google.

calibre - E-book management

Hope this helps.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    well, it seems as though I got a 32g for the 16g price....

all the correspondence as well as the box says 16 but where it counts- the system info, it says 32. Woo hoo.

good luck to everyone still waiting
    raraku and raysgrumpy like this.

all the correspondence as well as the box says 16 but where it counts- the system info, it says 32. Woo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post

Well that's a win! I'll be sure to check mine tomorrow.
    My box is sitting in front of me waiting patiently for me to finish goofing off and actually open the damn thing after waiting for 2 months. Still winding down from work and just don't feel like thinking for about a half hour, just been a long weekend followed by 3 days of work and I'm just burned out right now.
    Oh, well, no movement again today. Didn't seem to have many people get anything today, though.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!