Page 159 of 185 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    ...I am also trying to remember what I did with my time before I started lurking on this board!
    You're going to have to become a "recovering lurker" like the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    You're going to have to become a "recovering lurker" like the rest of us.
    Is there an app for that? If so it should come preinstalled on all TPs. It could be a game were you control a chicken at the HP warehouse and try to get it to ship TPs - Call it, "Make That Chicken Ship". Not so easy as your chicken has a pea sized brain and no hands.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    zoey_s likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Is there an app for that? If so it should come preinstalled on all TPs. It could be a game were you control a chicken at the HP warehouse and try to get it to ship TPs - Call it, "Make That Chicken Ship". Not so easy as your chicken has a pea sized brain and no hands.
    Love it we need someone to make it!!!!!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    People like you are the reason everyone else that understands the power of WebOS has trouble getting a touchpad...
    Well said...

Regardless of the crap dished our way, from Palm and then HP, I still love WebOs. I'm still waiting for my Touchpad, and am mildly annoyed at those who scabbed on who don't have a clue.

That a superior operating system is left to founder, due to poor management and marketing strategies is very sad.

Take Care
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Woohoo...decided to check my order status today, and it finally has a Quantity Alloc: 1 now. However, I still don't see a charge on my card yet. Wonder when it will ship?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Love it we need someone to make it!!!!!
    We really need it to be more like the old "Magic Eight Ball". Just shake it, and look at the bottom for your daily reason why your TP hasn't shipped yet.
    Order# - 4423xxx, HP# 3058xxxx, ordered 8/21 around 11:30am. 3 - 32gb.

Well, I'll be danged! I got my first email of this ordeal, my order confirmation, a few hours ago. Just now I just got my shipping email! For all three of my units. Carrier is FED Se? The first email said UPS BLue.

I will prepare myself for this to be a cruel joke. If it's not...

hdjulie, please don't be mad at me.
    Grr. :-). I'm out of town & don't have the link to check to see if my status has changed. I'll be home in a few hours. Fingers crossed.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    I just got my TouchPad today from my order in August!
    Mine shipped today!

Via RPS Service. Postal Service? Tracking is 22 numbers-only

Ord. 03056xxxx

P.O # 4409xxx

Can't wait, oh... I did wait.

Take Care
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    Well, finally something has at least changed on my order status. Line item finally changed from b/o to allocated, and the warehouse changed from IN to CA. No shipping email yet, but at least it's something. Naturally, HP would change from Indiana warehouse to CA warehouse - I live in Ohio. Apparently Miss Teen South Carolina hasn't succeeded in getting maps to HP yet.

Order #s: 4424*** & 03058****
    1 32gb ordered early afternoon on 8/21
    HADES HAS OFFICIALLY FROZEN OVER!!! 44243xx / 30581xxx here, ordered one 32GB unit 2:30 PM EDT on 8/21, just received the shipping e-mail with a valid tracking number for 5 pounds to my town! I originally ordered FedEx overnight, and they appear to be shipping it overnight from tracking info on the FedEx web site. I received the 6-8 week e-mail, but no 2-week or anything after that up until now.

For those agonizing over the blue and orange screens, the blue screen as of this minute still shows admin status with ship yesterday and arrive today. The orange screen shows QTY Allocated as 1 now, but still has ESD and EDD being 8/23 and 8/24. CA warehouse, but no tracking info available. Obsessing over the info on both web pages is apparently pointless, since the e-mail is the only accurate info at this time.

FedEx still doesn't have custody of the package yet, but I have a tracking number and an actual serial number from the e-mail so I'm sure that my TP actually exists and has left the Vista. Ironically, Sunday is my b-day, and I have Monday off from work as a special holiday to mug the FedEx driver and play with my unexpected and ironically timely present.

#staycoolmybabies, they *are* shipping again!!!!!
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Btravelen Did you order a 16gb or 32gb touchpad
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    HADES HAS OFFICIALLY FROZEN OVER!!! 44243xx / 30581xxx here, ordered one 32GB unit 2:30 PM EDT on 8/21, just received the shipping e-mail with a valid tracking number for 5 pounds to my town!
    #staycoolmybabies, they *are* shipping again!!!!!
    My order # is 30587xxx..I haven't heard anything after the 6-8 week email. The orange order status page has my order still as b/o.

Keeping my fingers & toes crossed.
    32gb. That must make a difference, as ord. and P.O.'s don't seem to follow in order.

I hope all who ordered, and are receiving orders, appreciate WebOs and appreciate the beauty in it. As well, I hope the fine tuning and refinement continue, despite where it ends up.

BTW, I called today, as my order charge had shipping attached to it. The CS rep. said he'd credit the shipping back to my acct. Nice.

Take Care
    My order is still in limbo, but what are these blue and orange screens everyone is talking about? I feel like I am checking the wrong order site or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    Well, finally something has at least changed on my order status. Line item finally changed from b/o to allocated, and the warehouse changed from IN to CA. No shipping email yet, but at least it's something. Naturally, HP would change from Indiana warehouse to CA warehouse - I live in Ohio. Apparently Miss Teen South Carolina hasn't succeeded in getting maps to HP yet.

Order #s: 4424*** & 03058****
    1 32gb ordered early afternoon on 8/21
    And only hours later, I have my ship confirmation email! I can't wait to have some more tasty webOS goodness to play with! I had to replace my Pre because it was falling apart. The EVO is a good device, but man do I miss webOS.

If your order shifts to allocated, your wait should almost be over. Hang in there, everyone. The end is in sight for all of this madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    Well said...

That a superior operating system is left to founder, due to poor management and marketing strategies is very sad.

Take Care
    This reminds me of OS/2 vs windows and Beta vs VHS. Superior seems to have little to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by obwielnls View Post
    This reminds me of OS/2 vs windows and Beta vs VHS. Superior seems to have little to do with it.
    Yeah, lol, I still have a Beta machine in the basement...

Take Care
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loomis2 View Post
    My order is still in limbo, but what are these blue and orange screens everyone is talking about? I feel like I am checking the wrong order site or something.
    Blue screen (fix order # for yours):

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public....y=9&sort=a-po

Orange Screen:

Search for Order Status -- HP's Small & Medium Business Online Store

Update - my blue screen is now showing status of shipped instead of admin, with today's date for the shipped date. The delivery date is still today as well, but I'm sure that will update soon. My orange screen has changed from QTY 1 alloc to QTY1 invoiced, and there is now an actual invoice there with the $149 for the TP plus $0.00 for "Part #: *SHPHDL". The TP was supposedly shipped via FedEx overnight per my original order, and it would be nice if HP picked up the overnight shipping tab after this long of a wait like it appears on this web invoice they are.

Realizing that I'm one of the original Pre homebrew developers and bought the TP because of WebOS (which I have no intention of removing), why do I have this fear of opening the box after waiting for so long and finding out that my new TP shipped with Android on it and will have to be doctored back to WebOS?????
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Yes I Did likes this.
    I am so bummed! Orders all around me, even those with multiple, shipping or going to allocated & I'm still at Back Ordered. Maybe I'd better try calling tomorrow to see what the deal is.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!