Page 148 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I think you're going to be dissappointed. You won't be receiving a TP. Your order did not go through and that email was just a glich in there system.
    What???

What makes you think that? The order had to have gone through or they wouldn't be able to look it up still.
    Hi everyone! I guess I am in the same boat as alot of you. I have been watching this thread since the first page.
    I ordered one 32gb early morning on the 21st. Hp recognized the order on the 23rd. I received the 6 to 8 week e-mail, and nothing since then. (except 8 different holds on my CC)!

HP has lost a very loyal customer with this fiasco!!

I bought this for my wife's birthday present, but it is looking like it might be a Christmas present when it's all said and done.

HP Order#: 3057****
    Purchase Order#: 4418***
    I wasn't thinking about today being Columbus Day and so wishing today would be the day I get the 2 wk email...oh well, there isn't anything I can do about it but wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    I wasn't thinking about today being Columbus Day and so wishing today would be the day I get the 2 wk email...oh well, there isn't anything I can do about it but wait.
    I know Columbus Day is a federal holiday and there won't be any mail delivery, but are the other carriers (UPS, Fedex, etc.) off as well? My Touchpad is actually in transit, scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday but it only made it out of Indianapolis and has been in transit to Kentucky for 3 days, so that makes me wonder if today is a holiday for Fedex as well. I've been waiting since August 21 for this, and I should be able to handle a few more days, but I just want my Touchpad now!!!

Sorry for the burst of emotion, and I feel for those of you who haven't heard anything yet, but I think your day is coming soon!
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by skphoto View Post
    Received the 2 week email on Friday, status all weeked was "Date to Follow", just checked this morning and it is back to showing today's date as delivery - ahh well hope cometh and hope goeth. Hopefully it will ship out this week as others are seeing pretty rapid shipment after receiving the 2 week notification. I have requested it to ship UPS and the order reflects this request as well (this was one of the shipping options). My order is 4414XXX and it's a 32gb just so others have a frame of reference. I was very close to canceling this order last week but figured I'd see how long it actually took to receive it. Here's hoping we all get our TP's sooner rather than later at this point!

I can honestly say due to this experience, the way HP handled themselves, as well as the way they have treated their customers, I will not purchase another HP product in the future (and yes I have been an HP customer for years). I believe HP has shot themselves in the foot with many a consumer due to this debacle. We all understand the high demand for the devices and the situation HP found themselves in, but the shear lack of communication, serving the direct customers last and fulfilling other orders first (Onsale, HP Employees, etc.) speaks volumes. Clear, concise, consistent communication is all it would have taken to keep thousands of customers up to date and possibly happy.
    HP has definitely hurt their reputation by this debacle. Just compare to Apple. They sold 1 million phones in 24 hours, so HP's sales of a few hundred thousand TPs is no excuse. I ordered an iPhone, and within a few hours, I had a confirmation email with a purchase order on it. A day later, I had an email with a tracking number on it. I check the tracking number, and it tells me the status of the shipment.

Compare and contrast.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    HP has definitely hurt their reputation by this debacle. Just compare to Apple. They sold 1 million phones in 24 hours, so HP's sales of a few hundred thousand TPs is no excuse. I ordered an iPhone, and within a few hours, I had a confirmation email with a purchase order on it. A day later, I had an email with a tracking number on it. I check the tracking number, and it tells me the status of the shipment.

Compare and contrast.
    first HP sold just as many of these during the first three days of the fire sale [directly and indirectly through retailers]
    second, apple is already delaying shipments... (engadget article)
    third, you most likely purchased you're iphone a few days after the iphone 4 origional sale date. I purchased my iphone 4 on opening day and ended up waiting almost a month to get mine through Att.

not trying to be a di*k I just think there is always two sides to the story. I do think that HP should have handled things better, being a former employee I guess its just par for the course for hp
    I can confirm Columbus day is NOT a holiday for FedEx as I received the last of my order today, 2 32gb TP's. Got 1 16gb last week, so my order is completely fulfilled. These are for family use, not for ebay profiteering. My order posted on 8-21.

Good luck everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    first HP sold just as many of these during the first three days of the fire sale [directly and indirectly through retailers]
    third, you most likely purchased you're iphone a few days after the iphone 4 origional sale date. I purchased my iphone 4 on opening day and ended up waiting almost a month to get mine through Att.

not trying to be a di*k I just think there is always two sides to the story. I do think that HP should have handled things better, being a former employee I guess its just par for the course for hp
    I bought the Ipad 2 for my daughter when it first came out. Ordered it through Best Buy for there was no way (at the the time of order) you could get one from the apple store. It took almost 2 mths for my number to come up. I'm just used to waiting for things

The difference between the two was I was sure the Ipad 2 was coming. With all the touchpads released before HP SMB fulfilled their orders "fills" (get the pun) me with trepidation.

I know the touchpad isn't perfect but for $150 I find it a spectacular buy
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Whoohooo, just got the shipping email. The ordeal is coming to an end.

PO Number: 4407xxx
    Order Number: 03056xxxx
    1-32GB
    sniff.. I'll shut the lights off.....

quickly checks email... damn nope i couldn't fool them. Damn this light bill is going to be pricy
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post

quickly checks email... damn nope i couldn't fool them. Damn this light bill is going to be pricy
    It's still early. Mine is the first email we've seen today. Still time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post

Uhh, no, HP did not sell 1 million touchpads in the fire sale. The exact number was not released, but it was in the hundreds of thousands, maybe as high as 500,000. It was a lot, enough to put Touchpad ahead of Xoom and Galaxy Tab as the no. 2 tablet, but HP didn't have that many TPs in the channel. They produced an initial allotment, and were going to produce more as needed, when Leo pulled the plug.

Also, Apple is not "delaying shipments". They sold out quickly, and now their web site is showing "1-2 weeks" for delivery. That is the point, when you take an order, you tell the customer when they will receive delivery. I have not read that anyone who ordered for October 14 is now being told that they will have to wait a week or two. In fact, I am reading the opposite. Orders are already being shipped, and customers who ordered on the first day are likely to have their iPhones a day or two early.

Third, I purchased my iPhone 4S on Friday at 3am (do you read the news?), got an email confirmation of the order on Friday and a shipping email on Sunday with a tracking number. I check the tracking number of UPS and it works! And it tells me where the item is. Fancy that, what technology can do.

Do you see a difference between taking orders for "1-2 weeks delivery" and taking orders with no confirmation for days, then confirmation email, then no word at all, then a press report that says that more are being made because they sold more than they had, then a month later a "6-8 week email", then a 2 week email, then a shipment, all done with a process with no rhyme or reason about the order of deliveries and all done while funds are tied up? Because there is one.
    torrguy and raraku like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    It's still early. Mine is the first email we've seen today. Still time.
    I'm still about 14k away

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post

I'll be here too...
    Quote Originally Posted by ibar View Post
    I'll be here too...
    I'll bring the Rum

I'm in for the celebration party just before the lights go out...nothing in my email...surprise surprise....

Ordered 32gb
    HP 4416xxx
    Order #3057xxx
    HP confirmed date 5/23
    [QUOTE=Yes I Did;3200861]I'm in for the celebration party just before the lights go out...nothing in my email...surprise surprise...

With a 3059 I should be here to the end.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    I'm willing to bet HP are sending touchpads out in alphabetical order...I'm "V"!
    I like that the "I don't know if/when I am getting my Touchpad" support group (also known as Idkiwiagmt) is now evolving into a turn out the lights party. I'll bring some Don Julio tequila and chips!
    Quote Originally Posted by tojorisin View Post
    I like that the "I don't know if/when I am getting my Touchpad" support group (also known as Idkiwiagmt) is now evolving into a turn out the lights party. I'll bring some Don Julio tequila and chips!
    Don't forget the limes and salt!