Page 147 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    fwiw, my 16 arrived wednesday 10/5
    Hi its been a long time since ive checked my status/order and this forum.

I received the message about waiting 6-8 weeks and I ordered on the 21th in the AM. I was originaly allocated 2 units and now its been B/O for like 5 weeks.

I have not received any emails in a long time.

Whats going happen?
    What are you order numbers? A few of us are in the same boat. My order information is in my signature.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    Hi its been a long time since ive checked my status/order and this forum.

I received the message about waiting 6-8 weeks and I ordered on the 21th in the AM. I was originaly allocated 2 units and now its been B/O for like 5 weeks.

I have not received any emails in a long time.

Whats going happen?
    There are still lots of us waiting for shipment. They are dribbiling out daily, lately it is both 16gb and 32gb that have been shipping. They have said all orders, not cancelled, will be shipped out by 10/31, so like the rest of us, patience is needed. It'll come eventually. Only problem I see is we missed out on all the free apps that have been offered. Maybe that is why they were offered, very few could get them.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypig View Post
    They start warranty on date of order, despite the Damn thing was not even made yet and did not arrive for 48 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by atgep View Post
    " They start warranty on date of order, despite the Damn thing was not even made yet and did not arrive for 58 days. "
    This is incorrect. The warranty period begins on the date of registration, which occurs the first time the Touchpad is powered on and the setup process is completed.
    That's not what I was told on the phone with webOs support @HP. They clearly said my warranty started date of purchase and I had 317 days of warranty coverage left.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypig View Post
    That's not what I was told on the phone with webOs support @HP. They clearly said my warranty started date of purchase and I had 317 days of warranty coverage left.
    I'm going on what HP customer service told me as well. So two different CS reps and two different answers. But look at it this way, an order confirmation is not a purchase, the purchase occurs at the time your credit card is actually charged (not talking about holds).
    I think your state Attorney General would back the purchase date being the actual date your CC was charged and that being the actual start of the warranty period.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Yes. You can call HP and they will refund the charge.
    I could see asking for a refund if they actually shipped the TPs FedEx ground and not overnight but they are actually sending them overnight which is the upgraded service I paid for. They said they would not ship overnight because all of them were getting free shipping via ground. Just odd. Another weird HP Paradox.
    Last edited by jennkaotic; 10/09/2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Quote Originally Posted by obwielnls View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    We have touchdown of the Touchpad at my house... !

Yippeee!!! I am unboxing it right now humming the song "I feel pretty" under my breath... Getting new tech is a Geek Female's idea of prom. I am giddy.

Gotta go... I have a hot date with some updates and patches. Bowchicka bow wow!!!

I saw her first!
    You know I won't be offended if you want to fight over me! LOL
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    well, my status went back to "Date will follow," which I have not seen for a few weeks. At this point - this whole thing is quite anti-climatic for me! I have a TP, which I had to hustle up after WEEKS of being up all night following postings on so many different forums about potential stock at this store and that store. I finally got a total of two demo modals from two different Wal-marts while I awaited word from HP. I had opportunities to get my TPs from a Best Buy about an hour away from me, but I was convinced that I would get mine from HP weeks ago, so I passed on the drive up there. I ended up returning one of the demos due to too much damage and an HP CSR telling me that they would not cover it under the warranty. I kept the other, although I did try to sell it, originally. I have had it for about three weeks, and I really do enjoy it for the most part. The browsing experience could be much better - especially with logins. I CANNOT log into my Hotmail e-mail account at all, unless I use the email app. Logging into precentral and similar sites is a comedy of errors that has lost its amusement factor. Too often, while attempting to surf, I get a blank screen.

As I anticipate significant price drops in other tablets in the coming weeks, daily I wonder if I should just cancel the two 32GB TPs that I am supposed to get from HP - who knows when. As much as I like my TP, at this point - the only reason to keep those two on order - is the real prospect that Android or even Windows will be ported onto the device before Christmas, and maybe then they will be suitable to give to the average user as a gift. As the TP is, I would not give it as a gift, and to be honest - with such a long wait - so much of the excitement I had about it - has worn off so much that I am already looking at alternatives. And since the prices are coming down so much on tablets, so many people are now looking at them - including the folks for whom I was trying to get TPs for in the first place as gifts. I get the feeling that by the time Christmas comes around, all of them would have swooped up an inexpensive tablet on their own; most likely, the Kindle Fire.

I have 4 Touchstone Chargers - 3 cases - and only ONE TP in my possession - and I am not so sure what the heck to do about this HP order. A part of me is hoping that HP surprises us with something (webOS updates and strong support - use of micro SD card slot, etc.. ) with these new tablets to make this worth the wait and purchase at a time when there simply are so many options to buy elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    I challenge that other guy to a duel for the fair maiden. I will let him choose his arena of combat, but it has to be on a Touchpad. Not an iPad, someone might get cut.
    I also received the 2 week notice on Friday. Status had Date will follow and is now back to today's date as shipping, but no further news from HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I think I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post

GAH, she has a sense of humor too.. *looks for his boxing gloves*
    I got the 2 more weeks e-mail on Friday evening. So I expect I will be one of the later people to get my touchpad.. Maybe this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    I got the 2 more weeks e-mail on Friday evening. So I expect I will be one of the later people to get my touchpad.. Maybe this week?
    Are ya kidding me - LOL! Many of us haven't received the 2 wk email yet. In fact, some of us are wondering if we'll be last posting on this forum "I got one"...now that's optomistism.

HP captured 8/23
    4416xxx
    3057xxx
    32gb
    Received the 2 week email on Friday, status all weeked was "Date to Follow", just checked this morning and it is back to showing today's date as delivery - ahh well hope cometh and hope goeth. Hopefully it will ship out this week as others are seeing pretty rapid shipment after receiving the 2 week notification. I have requested it to ship UPS and the order reflects this request as well (this was one of the shipping options). My order is 4414XXX and it's a 32gb just so others have a frame of reference. I was very close to canceling this order last week but figured I'd see how long it actually took to receive it. Here's hoping we all get our TP's sooner rather than later at this point!

I can honestly say due to this experience, the way HP handled themselves, as well as the way they have treated their customers, I will not purchase another HP product in the future (and yes I have been an HP customer for years). I believe HP has shot themselves in the foot with many a consumer due to this debacle. We all understand the high demand for the devices and the situation HP found themselves in, but the shear lack of communication, serving the direct customers last and fulfilling other orders first (Onsale, HP Employees, etc.) speaks volumes. Clear, concise, consistent communication is all it would have taken to keep thousands of customers up to date and possibly happy.
    No 2 week....no oct 31st.......no nothing after 6-8 week email...
    One of my friend with a purchase order number difference of 174 orders got his shipment email....i have received nothing.....

4430***
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skphoto View Post
    Received the 2 week email on Friday, status all weeked was "Date to Follow", just checked this morning and it is back to showing today's date as delivery - ahh well hope cometh and hope goeth.
    Yep, seeing the same thing this morning.

I can honestly say due to this experience, the way HP handled themselves, as well as the way they have treated their customers, I will not purchase another HP product in the future (and yes I have been an HP customer for years). I believe HP has shot themselves in the foot with many a consumer due to this debacle. We all understand the high demand for the devices and the situation HP found themselves in, but the shear lack of communication, serving the direct customers last and fulfilling other orders first (Onsale, HP Employees, etc.) speaks volumes. Clear, concise, consistent communication is all it would have taken to keep thousands of customers up to date and possibly happy.
    I agree completely and have stated as much earlier in this thread. What's really amazing is that HP could have really made a lot of new customers from this whole fiasco. Instead they have lost many existing and future customers. They should rename the Touchpad the HP Deathwish 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by skphoto View Post
    Received the 2 week email on Friday, status all weeked was "Date to Follow", just checked this morning and it is back to showing today's date as delivery - ahh well hope cometh and hope goeth. Hopefully it will ship out this week as others are seeing pretty rapid shipment after receiving the 2 week notification. I have requested it to ship UPS and the order reflects this request as well (this was one of the shipping options). My order is 4414XXX and it's a 32gb just so others have a frame of reference. I was very close to canceling this order last week but figured I'd see how long it actually took to receive it. Here's hoping we all get our TP's sooner rather than later at this point!

I think you're going to be dissappointed. You won't be receiving a TP. Your order did not go through and that email was just a glich in there system.