Page 132 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Got the "continued interest" email. Still feeling rather Meh about the whole situation.
    I can't say I blame you.
    Thanks for the support.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Got the "continued interest" email. Still feeling rather Meh about the whole situation.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a #03055xxxx as well. From the sounds of it though, we should be getting ours here soon.
    @bsigg12 I will be knocking on a large piece of wood for the both of us... and the thousands who still haven't gotten theirs.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilla View Post
    What are you doing buying 3 extra TPads?!?! This is why there was a shortage.
    Lol I know cancel my orders in which I need every tp because it is accounted for per person. I would have been fine if hp only allowed 1 -2 per houshold. I think this is why we are all jammed up now. We all want them more and more muahahah

sent from my thunderbolt
    I got the continued interest letter too, 3055 series order too. I got one at office depot on 8/21 love it. My wife keeps stealing it and using it though (she loves the puzzle game). The one on order is for her. Hope it comes in soon for her. It will be nice for her to be able to have one of her own that she can look at some text books, and listen to the audio book on the same device, on her lunch break at work.
    haven't received either email as of yet =/ 3056xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    According to the FedEx site, its waiting for me at home!

PO Number: 4383xxx
    Order Number: 030539xxx
    Order Date: 08/20/2011
    Ship Date: 09/29/2011

Date/Time/Activity/Location/Details

Oct 3, 2011 2:44 PM

Delivered

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
    Well it was there and I must say it was with the (frustrating) wait. After patching and overclocking the TP is easily a better tablet than all of the androids out there - and I have played with most of them except the Fire.

Overall the ipad2 is "better" but for $99 I ain't complaining!

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    Woke up in the morning 6AM.....laptop was on my bed......checked the mail......found a mail with title "Your HP Shipping Notification...blah...blah"........jumped out of the bed and saw the email body........went back to bed.....(the email was the shipping confirmation for my hp keyboard that I ordered couple days ago.... )..........................I HATE HP
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    As I suspected when I received a shipping email on Saturday, my TP wasn't actually shipped until Monday. Not a big deal. I'll get it on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. I did notice upon receiving my credit card charge that the shipping charge was still included. I called HP, and they would've left it on there had I not called. So, if your TP has been shipped, or you've received it, and you have been charged for shipping, call SMB sales to get it credited back to your card. 1-866-625-0759
    It seems that HP does not know what to do with mixed 16G/32G order. Lots of orders with only 32G were filled a couple of weeks ago. Ordes with only 16G are being filled now. But those with mixed 16G/32G wil have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by mild7 View Post
    just got this email from SMB:

"Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. We wanted to update you with a status of your order 30551473

Your order is still confirmed, and we are fulfilling orders daily based on the time the order was received. We expect all orders to ship by October 31st. We will continue to update you of any changes to this date via email until your order ships. We apologize that we cannot give you an exact ship date for your order. Please note that planned ship and delivery dates on the Order Status page are not accurate for TouchPad orders. You will receive a final shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped. "
    I've not received this email yet. If I get mine at or near 10/31, that'll be about 10 weeks from the time I ordered and about 8 weeks from the 6-8 week email.

At this point I won't be surprised if I get an email stating that HP won't be fulfilling my order - the only thing that HP has done consistently is disappoint me, that would just make it par for the course.

If I don't receive my TP around 10/31 I will cancel my order and try to sell my accessories. A $99 TP is a great deal, but at the rate tablets are progressing, by the time I actually get this it'll be obsolete (yes I'm exaggerating). I wasn't planning on doing anything crazy with this table, just some casual web browsing, email, and use what ever apps that fit my life and were available, but I can do all of those things with that Amazon Fire, albeit on a smaller screen. Let me put it this way - If HP said you can pay $99 and get your TP in 10 week or pay $200 (the cost of the Fire) and get it in two days, I would have opted for the latter. I had actually paid for the expedited shipping when I ordered my TP and my cost was ~$131.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    As I suspected when I received a shipping email on Saturday, my TP wasn't actually shipped until Monday. Not a big deal. I'll get it on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. I did notice upon receiving my credit card charge that the shipping charge was still included. I called HP, and they would've left it on there had I not called. So, if your TP has been shipped, or you've received it, and you have been charged for shipping, call SMB sales to get it credited back to your card. 1-866-625-0759
    Unbelievable!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadusa View Post
    It seems that HP does not know what to do with mixed 16G/32G order. Lots of orders with only 32G were filled a couple of weeks ago. Ordes with only 16G are being filled now. But those with mixed 16G/32G wil have to wait.
    This appears to be the case for me as well.
    Yeah. My 16gb is in the mail. The 32gb is confirmed, but no shipping info.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    We would appreciate your feedback about your recent order 30660902 - PO 4454465. The survey should take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

An HP Mini Laptop will be awarded to a participant during a monthly random drawing.

Provide Feedback

At HP, customer satisfaction is a key element of our core values. Confidentially learning about your experience with HP helps us identify ways to serve you better in the future, while giving you the opportunity to instantly alert us to any issues or concerns you're currently experiencing.

Thank you for your participation!

Best Regards,
    HP Americas Volume Direct Operations
    Direct Customer Experience Team
    Do I bother responding to this? I ordered a touchpad and a charging dock, said only to ship them together. I got the charging dock, but no touchpad. No e-mails or communication of any type since I recived the e-mail confirmation over a month ago. Is my order still good? its in the system, they keep putting a hold on my card, but no communication at all.

I'll be ****ed if they sold me a touchstone, but never fill the order for the thouchpad.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Now hearing that, like Onsale, CDW just got more stock. And HP is telling me wait another month. HP continues to circle the drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Very good news I guess. The least they could do is throw in a case or something for all this waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Really? You think a $500 TouchPad, for $100, is not enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Never underestimate the sense of entitlement of us firesale touchpad buyers,
    I wouldn't see this as "entitlement"... as with any other business, I'd see this as either "goodwill" or "customer service".

Look at it this way - HP may be discontinuing webOS hardware, but they're still selling PC's (for now), servers, switches, and are soon to be mimicking IBM with "enterprise services". Based on the customer experience I've had with this sale, I'm loathe to trust HP for anything beyond sending email spam (which they seem to be really, really good at!). If HP can't seem to coordinate their different sales divisions (selling stock in H/O while SMB languishes in BO's), how can I trust them to deliver anything mission-critical for my business? If I need to buy a switch and have it over-nighted because my current one dies unexpectedly... and I'm on a deadline... can I trust that HP's website showing "available" really means available? I know that the TouchPad's were a special case, being "fire-saled" and all... but my faith in their ability to deliver has been shaken.

So... with the 6-8 weekers, HP could show a little goodwill, and say "Thanks for sticking with us, here's a case on us". At least something to show that HP actually values their customer's time and business. Those cases probably cost very little (accessory markups are usually in the 200-300% range), and could go a long way toward rebuilding their relationships.

As for the cost of the TP... it was HP's decision to sell the TP at $100. I can't see how they're doing me a favor by selling me the item at the price that was offered. My end of the transaction is complete - I've placed the order and gave them a valid form of payment. How they've bungled their end of the transaction has no bearing on my side of the transaction. Offering an accessory as goodwill for their failed logistics is just that - goodwill. Not necessary, but would be appreciated for being strung along for close to a month-and-a-half.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpherson View Post
    Do I bother responding to this? I ordered a touchpad and a charging dock, said only to ship them together. I got the charging dock, but no touchpad. No e-mails or communication of any type since I recived the e-mail confirmation over a month ago. Is my order still good? its in the system, they keep putting a hold on my card, but no communication at all.

I'll be ****ed if they sold me a touchstone, but never fill the order for the thouchpad.
    You should definately respond. This is your opportunity to let them know what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpherson View Post

Nope. With this experience, I'm fairly certain I'll not purchase another HP product - ever.

Why should you waste even more time on communicating with HP. It's not like they are an up and coming company that is really trying to meet its customer's needs. None of this should ever have happened - HP should have been prepared for this fire sale. They build and sell servers, I'm not an expert on these things, but is it unreasonable for me to expect a company like this to be able to sell its own products, through their own stores, running on their own servers, within their own supply chains? There's not a single thing they can blame on anyone else except themselves. As soon as the inventory ran out the Website should have prevented any additional orders from being received. And of course their handling of the situation after the fire sale has been covered extensively in this thread.

If you do take the time, complete and submit the feedback form, I think you should at least be prepared from them to reply with, "We have not heard back from you regarding our request for feedback.....". In fact, that's what I've come to expect from HP.
    jvanhou likes this.