Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118123124125126127128129130131132133 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    Decoding HP's order system is alot like the DaVinci Code. Do you think if we unlock the mystery we will understand all the mysteries of the Cosmos?
    The chance of deciphering either is equally unlikely.
    zoey_s likes this.
    I sure would like to know where my order was between the time that I placed it at 7:30am 08/21 and the time that it was reviewed at 6:30am on 08/24! That is another one of those unsolvable mysteries, I guess.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    I can't believe i'm still ~18-25k out. Ordered ~5 on the 21st. Web order #4413xxx, hp order #3056xxxx, still no 2 week email...
    Still waiting, good thing I was already a very patient person...WO #4408XXX, HP #3056XXXX
    WO #3057XXX HP#4416XXX

Ordered on the 21st...received by HP (email) on the 22nd...confirmation email stating order was placed on 23rd. I was initially worried about the "cut-off" date but decided I wouldn't have received the email updates if my order wasn't accepted. Now, I'm with
    Consequence_9 - there are so many touchpad orders ahead of me...no other choice but to wait and see...fingers are crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    As with everything else HP has done-Nothing makes much sense. My original order # is 03054XXXX and was changed to 03057XXXX a couple days after I placed my order 7:30PM PST 8-20-2011 for some reason.
    I'm guessing that's happened to a number of us... my 3054xxxx number was bumped down to 3056xxxx, presumably as a function of applying the "free" shipping. When I ordered on 8/20, I did the "F5 dance" for about 2 hours - I was finally able to process the order and get to the online "order confirmed" page at around 7pm MDT. Single 32GB, with 2nd day UPS shipping - and I printed the online confirmation so I could capture the time stamp.
    Roll on to Sunday, 8/21... while eating lunch, I get the "Order Confirmed" email, now showing my 439xxxx purchase order number with an order date of 8/21. Okay... I figured that through the frenzy, HP's order server took almost 20 hours to process my order! No worries, though - I've got an order confirmation, my bank showed a pre-auth on my card, and estimated shipping date of 8/23 and delivery on 8/25. Hooray!
    Then, the excrement hit the rotating blades... No shipping notice on the 23rd, stories all over the internet about backorders being cancelled, and I started to worry. I checked my 3054xxxx order, and sure enough - "order not found in the Vista". Frell!
    Calling HP got me my new order number, now 20k higher than before - 3056xxxx. No distinct answer form HP C/S, just "don't worry, your order is good, you'll ship anytime now, we're just backed up". And... we all know the rest... 6-8 week email, cutoff date of 8/22 at 4am.

What's got me wracked is that I see a number of you with order numbers around 3054xxxx getting either shipping notices, or the new 2-week email... has anyone with a "bumped" order number received either a shipping or 2-week notice? For that matter, has anyone with a 32GB get a shipping notice, or are they all 16GB's?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    I'm guessing that's happened to a number of us... my 3054xxxx number was bumped down to 3056xxxx,
    That's nothing.

I also ordered on the 20th, much earlier in the day. My original order number was 3053xxxx, it was later changed to 3059xxxx.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Any idea of where where at with the HP Order Number? I'm 03055XXXX, just trying to see where I stand.
    I'm not holding my breath. The one I ordered from the Employee Program came the next day. So they have them, just not for this apparently..
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    I sure would like to know where my order was between the time that I placed it at 7:30am 08/21 and the time that it was reviewed at 6:30am on 08/24! That is another one of those unsolvable mysteries, I guess.
    I answered that question here.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    I got an email a couple weeks ago stating they would ship my 32GB TP in 4-8 weeks. Does anyone know if they charge your credit card once it ships? because I'm not sure if I'm getting this or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    I answered that question here.
    So you did!
    Last edited by zoey_s; 10/02/2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    I got an email a couple weeks ago stating they would ship my 32GB TP in 4-8 weeks. Does anyone know if they charge your credit card once it ships? because I'm not sure if I'm getting this or not.
    every 10 days or so they'll re-authorize the charge to your card. if it was a credit card you'll probably never notice; at most it may reduce your available credit by the amount of your order. if it was a debit card, the money is removed from your account (though HP doesn't get it either, it's just on-hold at the bank); per your bank's policies, the hold will come off after about five days. this process is repeated until the final day when your order ships.

the current belief is that everyone who got the 6-8 week e-mail will actually get a touchpad eventually. the e-mail was very specific, saying "Your order will be filled..." (emphasis added).
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    every 10 days or so they'll re-authorize the charge to your card. if it was a credit card you'll probably never notice; at most it may reduce your available credit by the amount of your order. if it was a debit card, the money is removed from your account (though HP doesn't get it either, it's just on-hold at the bank); per your bank's policies, the hold will come off after about five days. this process is repeated until the final day when your order ships.

the current belief is that everyone who got the 6-8 week e-mail will actually get a touchpad eventually. the e-mail was very specific, saying "Your order will be filled..." (emphasis added).
    Ok... thanks! That explains why I would randomly get some pending charges that soon disappear and never happen.
    Numbers game Part... probably 4 or 5. playing around it looks like the number cutoff is around 4396923 for shipped at the moment. Looks like alot more 16gb's are going out and 32's are still in admin. Wait Strong fellow Touchpad followers!
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Just got a wii alert on HP touchpads in stock at hp.com (home and home office store), but sold out when I go online. Not sure what happened, but it still says in stock in the description. I have mine already, but thought you guys should look into it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Numbers game Part... probably 4 or 5. playing around it looks like the number cutoff is around 4396923 for shipped at the moment. Looks like alot more 16gb's are going out and 32's are still in admin. Wait Strong fellow Touchpad followers!
    Don't look at the web order number, it's the HP order number you want to follow (3054xxxx).
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Don't look at the web order number, it's the HP order number you want to follow (3054xxxx).
    I've fallen for that same "logic" many times. I posted a few pages back that orders well after my HP order number are shipping before mine (030540XXX)
    3056####
    Still waiting
    FexEx just delivered and I'm at work for 6.5 more hours. If I had known they would have delivered this early, I could have called in with a case of touchpad fever. Just kidding, but it is going to be a long day.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. At the rate they are going everyone who ordered before the deadline should be shipped this week or next.
    fwinst and torrguy like this.