Page 126 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    your failing to understand that that 200 dollar tablet is not as powerful as the touchpad. If webOS is not your thing, then android (you know, the same thing the amazon tab will be) is coming VERY soon. It should be pretty damn stable by the time amazons kindle fire will be released in november. The fire is also only 7 inches. there will be low priced tabs, but they wont be as powerful.

Amazon needed to make some sacrifices to get the price that low.
    -low internal storage
    -small screen
    -no cameras
    -only 512 mb of ram

1. That should be "you're."
    2. There is no "failure" to see anything! We all get to decide for OURSELVES what we want for OURSELVES.
    3. I made no mention of wanting to buy a Fire instead of the TP. But it just so happens that I DO prefer a smaller screen. However, if I do get one, it is most likely to be a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7; that or the Samsung Galaxy Note, 5.3 inch phone. I will know once/if they hit the North American market. As I already have the TP, I am leaning more towards the phone.
    4. My point was to say that there will be greater number of options at lower prices over the next couple of months.
    6. This is still my point and my belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5461 View Post
    The processor kicks the TP's **** though. the TI OMAP4430 is known to be extremely fast. Faster than the Snapdragon APQ8060 AT 1.2GHz. In graphics prowess, the SGX540 bombs the Adreno 220.
    by no means does the omap kick the snapdragons ****.
    Has anyone spoken to anyone at HP re: the notification sign-up list? Do you know if they are going to notify people, even if they are awaiting the delivery of tablets?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortymouse View Post
    4396xxx
    Ordered 08/21 at 10:00pm
    2 16gig TPs
    Received 6-8 week email on 09-07-2011
    Received shipping and tracking info 10-01-2011

Just received my shipping notification that both TPs shipped and are on the way with tracking numbers.
    Good for you!
    I ordered hours earlier on the 21st, but most of my order info shows 08/24 and the order numbers are higher. I hope that they don't run out before they get to me.
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    What is your order number? First 6 digits please, will help the rest of see how close we are to shipment. Thanks.

edit: holy s%^$, just after I posted, checked my email and I got my "order shipped" email.

PO Number: 4394xxx
    Order Number: 030547xxx
    Order Date: 08/21/2011
    Ship Date: 10/01/2011

Me so happy!!!!
    Order # 030544xxx
    PO# 4389xxx
    Order placed 4/20, accepted 4/21

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    4394xxx shipped
    Ordered 8/20 at 11:30pm EDT
    Got my onsale 32gig on Wednesday and got a shipped email today from hp. Don't know what to do with this one

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    Got my onsale 32gig on Wednesday and got a shipped email today from hp. Don't know what to do with this one

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Sell it to a friend or family member, or give it as a gift. I'm sure someone you know will appreciate it. I couldn't get my hands on enough TouchPads for people who asked me if I could find them one.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    PO 43931xx
    Order #30547xxx
    Shipped!
    2 x 16 GB
    If HP ships me my 32G, I want it, but I'm so close to the cutoff that I'm pretty sure I won't get one. If they're going to cancel me, I wish they'd go ahead and do it.

My purchase order number is 4432***
    Order number 30588***

I figure in a few weeks I'll be the only one left in this thread, debating with myself the merits of webOS, the TouchPad, the meaning of life, why the sky is blue ...
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Hey, guys.
    I checked my account, and I had been charged about $22 shipping fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    If HP ships me my 32G, I want it, but I'm so close to the cutoff that I'm pretty sure I won't get one. If they're going to cancel me, I wish they'd go ahead and do it.

Order number 30588***

I figure in a few weeks I'll be the only one left in this thread, debating with myself the merits of webOS, the TouchPad, the meaning of life, why the sky is blue ...
    My second order is pretty close to yours 4427xxx and I still have a hold on the CC for it. I'll be around waiting for the 32GB, it looks like the pace is really starting to pick up, but damn it seems like a long way to go. Who knows maybe they'll hook us up with a laptop of our choice if they cancel our order after all this time. I can dream.
    I'm at order 440xxx I haven't heard anything yet.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    by no means does the omap kick the snapdragons ****.
    In many benchmarks, it always shows NVIDIA Tegra 2 or TI OMAP4 up at the top while the others are down at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5461 View Post
    In many benchmarks, it always shows NVIDIA Tegra 2 or TI OMAP4 up at the top while the others are down at the bottom.
    Here you go. I think the Snapdragon S3 APQ8060 more than holds it's own.
    AnandTech - Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks
    Comparison of ARM tablets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may be confusing benches of the Touchpad as a whole, which webos does need some major speed improvements and is hold back the hardware. But the hardware, the Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 is as fast if not faster than everything currently on the market. Hopefully the upcoming webos versions will further help on the speed issues like 3.0.2 did for 3.0.
    Last edited by rico2001; 10/01/2011 at 07:43 PM.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post

Order number 30588***

Oh, I'll still be here. My order time is early on the 21st, but I ended up with an order number of 3059**** which just could be the highest one : (
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I also got the 2 week email for both my 16gb unit (daughter), and the 32gb unit (ME!!). I was surprised to find a shipping email early this morning for the 16gb unit. My order info for that one is, 43953XX/30548XXX, order accepted into HP system 8/21, 8pm.
    I'm happy for you but confused as ever. I got my 32gb about 2 weeks ago (4383XXX/030539XXX) but haven't heard anything about my 16gb since the 6-8 week email. I understand that the 32gb units shipped out faster (thanks in large part to your research) but now, 16gb units that were ordered after mine (43909XX/30540XXX) and have higher order #'s are shipping before mine. I love the Touchpad that I've already received, but I thought that the shipping process was starting to make a little bit of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbesto View Post
    Hey, guys.
    I checked my account, and I had been charged about $22 shipping fee.
    When I received my 32gb Touchpad, the charge wasn't adjusted until after I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    Again comment below is not aimed at you but generally to everyone..

We are all becomes like foxes trying to pounce on a below margin sale from a company like a wounded animal....a women who probably worked atleast 30 years for the company gets a gold badge.. and we are complaining the company is sending her goods first before some of us who probably buy only at sales from HP..whether there is a sale or not the distributors and employees work for the companies bottom line.. I am happy HP has its head straight..

Again, it is not aimed at you.. I like your honest comment..being normal is ok..but sometimes being abnormal is better..
    Yes I see your point but I am not upset that my mother... who did indeed work 30 years for HP is getting a product. My aggrevation is over the fact that HP made their commitment to me first before selling to her. It's the principle of it.

To take an example for my own life. I told one of my co-workers I would try to snag her a touchpad if the opportunity presented. With the EPP purchase I do have an extra TP (the one I originally bought for my Mom). Since I made that commitment to my co-worker the Director at my company said she is looking for one and asked me to snag her one if I could (Neither of the ladies are savvy enough to grab one if HP goes live). I am currently up for a promotion at work and interviewing with my Director for a Tech Manager job. It would certianly help my career to get a touchpad for her.

Are we saying I am justified in telling my co-worker she can't have this one because my Director is more important to my career than she is? I just think I should fulfill my commitments as I made them not as they benefit me the most. I thinkt that is ethics... that is fair play.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    zoey_s and agg23 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennkaotic View Post
    Yes I see your point but I am not upset that my mother... who did indeed work 30 years for HP is getting a product. My aggrevation is over the fact that HP made their commitment to me first before selling to her. It's the principle of it.

To take an example for my own life. I told one of my co-workers I would try to snag her a touchpad if the opportunity presented. With the EPP purchase I do have an extra TP (the one I originally bought for my Mom). Since I made that commitment to my co-worker the Director at my company said she is looking for one and asked me to snag her one if I could (Neither of the ladies are savvy enough to grab one if HP goes live). I am currently up for a promotion at work and interviewing with my Director for a Tech Manager job. It would certianly help my career to get a touchpad for her.

Are we saying I am justified in telling my co-worker she can't have this one because my Director is more important to my career than she is? I just think I should fulfill my commitments as I made them not as they benefit me the most. I thinkt that is ethics... that is fair play.
    I agree loyalty to a friend will pay you in the end. If you gave it to your director she may think you r messed up for ditching your original promise.

sent from my thunderbolt