Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111116117118119120121122123124125126 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Just saw that. I can tell you that I'll never purchase another HP product. I can see sending some stock to retailers that sell a large number of your products before shipping the SMB orders. However, there is absolutely no excuse for selling and shipping thousands of units to your employees, through a sale that started over a month after the initial SMB units were ordered, before you finish shipping the SMB orders. How about filling orders for customers that have been waiting patiently for a month, with the stock you got in. Then after those orders were satisfied, sell the remaining stock to your employees. No wonder this company's stock is tanking. WOW, the only way they can screw this up any more is to start cancelling orders they said would be good (orders prior to 8/22, 4am CT). I won't bother calling, because I know that the people answering the phones can't do anything about it. "Anything but HP" is my new mantra. MORONS!!
    rub your ears and repeat after me "wuuba wuuba wuuba"
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I canceled my SMB order for two 32gb TP's this morning. I was able to obtain one last week from the Onsale redemption sale, so my needs have been met. I thought about going ahead and taking receipt of the SMB ones, but the market is starting to stagnate and I didn't want to risk possibly taking a loss on these. With the BB Playbook price reductions and their rumored fire sale, I think the tablet market is going to see a glut of units available for sale. I think supply may exceed demand especially in the secondary market.

I do love my existing TP, so I freed up a few for someone else to potentially obtain.
    Since I am waiting semi-patiently for 2-32 GB Touchpads I appreciate you freeing 2 up. Given my place towards the end of the line (or at least it feels that was sometimes) the 2 you canceled may be the ones allocated to me (and my wife, so she thanks you too!)
    major payne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    fwinst Don't do it, you have been the one who always stayed calm. You must keep the peace!!!
    True! Although most people do have limits. I'm a 74 year old laid back grandma type, not easily riled, but I am getting ticked, mostly because I don't know whether or not I will ever really get a TP
    agg23 likes this.
    3x 16GB - mother-sister-cousin
    1x 32GB - me
    multiple accesories

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    My question is how many did you attempt to buy 7 16gig or 5 32 gigs
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Well, another Friday has arrived, and hopefully some will be getting shipping notices today. They seem to be sending them out after 4:00pm, and many on a Friday.

My only gripe is, they told EPP buyers it would not ship for 10 days, but apparently that is another uphorism.

I intend to hang in no matter what. Others have said it is worth the wait.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    I'll be here waiting too. I had to put my touchstone and cover in the basement so I forget about them, but checking this forum doesn't help
    zoey_s likes this.
    Just saw that. I can tell you that I'll never purchase another HP product. I can see sending some stock to retailers that sell a large number of your products before shipping the SMB orders. However, there is absolutely no excuse for selling and shipping thousands of units to your employees, through a sale that started over a month after the initial SMB units were ordered, before you finish shipping the SMB orders. How about filling orders for customers that have been waiting patiently for a month, with the stock you got in. Then after those orders were satisfied, sell the remaining stock to your employees. No wonder this company's stock is tanking. WOW, the only way they can screw this up any more is to start cancelling orders they said would be good (orders prior to 8/22, 4am CT). I won't bother calling, because I know that the people answering the phones can't do anything about it. "Anything but HP" is my new mantra. MORONS!!
    NOW do you see why I was so upset about them not shipping/fulfilling the pending HPSB orders before the Employee sale? From the looks of it - they are getting brand new TouchPads shipped with updates already installed. HPSB are getting (or were) second run models - maybe that won't be true for the second batch. The one I was shipped had screen bleed. It wasn't up to par with the one I was shipped from QVC. I didn't dare ship it back, it wasn't that bad - I passed it off to my DH and I knew he would never notice. But the screen wasn't quite as "set in" around the bezel as my QVC one.

I just think it stinks the way HPSB has treated their customers from DAY ONE. The way they have screwed the orders up. They way they have shipped higher order numbers over lower order numbers and vice versa. And we were/are supposed to be OH SO GRATEFUL to be receiving a HP TouchPad AT ALL that hundreds or thousands of us have just bent over and TOOK IT up the

And there has been no recourse. No nothing. Like jvanhou said - this is unacceptable. There is not a ONE of you that having been seated in a Restaurant and treated this way that would not have WALKED OUT or DEMANDED to see the MANAGER. Would you not?

I went to the Tag and Tax office the other day and got a number and waited my turn. If they had decided to abandon the the numbering system and started calling out the numbers willy nilly (Which HP did) would I have been upset? I waited for 45 minutes - but I was patient because I could see the countdown. The office was full and there would have been a RIOT if the system had failed. That's what systems are for and why they are designed. Why HP has thrown out the model and abandoned HPSB customers they SHOULD ANSWER FOR.

That is why I posted the Customer Relations Number. They should be the ones you should call and call often. I would demand an answer and a case file number. I would be polite but firm. I would take NAMES (don't forget this! always ask who you are talking to!!!) and ask to be put to a HIGHER LEVEL. Tell them this is unacceptable and why. Tell them this is why they are Customer Relations for HP. You are a Customer - YOU have been treated badly. This is THEIR job. They should get off their ***** and do something to repair the relationship.

The number for Customer Relations is 1-888-943-8476

Please ASK for names always.
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/30/2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    True! Although most people do have limits. I'm a 74 year old laid back grandma type, not easily riled, but I am getting ticked, mostly because I don't know whether or not I will ever really get a TP
    Same here, we could be twins! They supposedly have cancelled anyone who purchased after the deadline, and have repeatedly stated (even @Bryna) those who ordered before the deadline will be shipped. Truly seems to be a lesson in patience, but I have expected the delay due to the extreme number of sales they had. Have always been satisfied by thinking positively. These threads sure have a lot of negativity in them, but should always stay positive if you expect things to come your way. Still holding onto accessories purchased, and will continue to wait patiently.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Apparently HP had enough stock to send to Aaron's as well. Here's a link to their Iowa circular. Front page is the HP 16gb touchpad. It'll only cost you $109.00.....A MONTH, for 12 months. That's over $1300. Of course they'll sell one to you at the everyday low Aaron's price of...wait for it...$899. You can't make this stuff up. I really don't think HP cares about price gouging. Just too funny.
    I cancelled my SMB order for two 32gb TP's this morning. I was able to obtain one last week from the Onsale redemption sale, so my needs have been met. I thought about going ahead and taking receipt of the SMB ones, but the market is starting to stagnate and I didn't want to risk possibly taking a loss on these. With the BB Playbook price reductions and their rumored fire sale, I think the tablet market is going to see a glut of units available for sale. I think supply may exceed demand especially in the secondary market.

I do love my existing TP, so I freed up a few for someone else to potentially obtain.
    They are still allowing cancellations? I thought you had only a one-week period from the time they sent that e-mail out a couple of weeks ago! I would not mind canceling my order as well. I just have to sell off my accessories or send them back.
    I just hope that I get it for my birthday on Oct 23rd. This would be a nice gift.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Originally bought the touchpad from MicroCenter - 6pm said I had one 6:30 p.m. said I didn't. B&N-had one and within minutes...you guessed it...said I didn't. When I bought my daughter the Ipad2...I waited 5 wks before I received it from BestBuy. The site had a glitch in the system and HP says I still have my order coming. That is the reason why I'm patient. I want my order! I've waited over a month for other electronics in the past and most of all - I'm paying the firesale price. I, too, am a grandma and I believe with age brings patience but...I'm checking this site hourly (and my email-forgetaboutit-seems like every 10 mins waiting for a shipped notification). I don't believe calling will push my order through - although it may make me feel better - I believe I will still be waiting til the end of October.
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    You wouldn't be taking a loss and you could have always sold them to friends and family for what you paid or $5 to $10 over (for your troubles hehe).
    Other than my wife and kids, my extended family is pretty challenged technically. Believe me, it would have been more trouble than it's worth.

Apparently HP had enough stock to send to Aaron's as well.
    Don't knock Arron's, I got the other TP I needed from them for $150.00 cash out the door (NIB). It was a 16gb, but came with a leather type case. There were others here that scored there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    They are still allowing cancellations?
    I never received any correspondence from HP since the day I ordered (8/21). Although they never really questioned me regarding my desire to cancel, if they did I would have used that lack of communication as leverage.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Don't knock Arron's, I got the other TP I needed from them for $150.00 cash out the door (NIB). It was a 16gb, but came with a leather type case. There were others here that scored there as well...
    Selling them at $150 is one thing. I don't have an issue with that. However, selling them for $899 cash, or $109 a month, for 12 months, seems a bit excessive, no?
    Selling them at $150 is one thing. I don't have an issue with that. However, selling them for $899 cash, or $109 a month, for 12 months, seems a bit excessive, no?
    Could be their way of letting people know they don't have any. How many fools do you think would purchase at that price? Keeps their phone lines open for other buyers. I'm sure there are many people still calling around everywhere looking for one cheap. Ebay dealers are known to raise their prices outrageously when they no longer have the item and are waiting for a shipment, when they then revise the price back down for sales.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    Could be their way of letting people know they don't have any. How many fools do you think would purchase at that price? Keeps their phone lines open for other buyers. I'm sure there are many people still calling around everywhere looking for one cheap. Ebay dealers are known to raise their prices outrageously when they no longer have the item and are waiting for a shipment, when they then revise the price back down for sales.
    Well, I could see your point if they weren't advertising them for the prices I stated, on the front page of their circular.
    All they need is for a handful of people to buy them and they've made a handy profit from the TPs.

It's the same reason people see worth in buying email lists and spamming everyone. They do get some sales, and it's usually enough to justify continually doing it. If it didn't work, they'd stop.
    I got my shipping email today on the pair I ordered in August. Only issue I'm seeing is the free shipping they promised in the email about 6-8 weeks was not there. I will need to call and see if I can get my 40$ in shipping back.
    razorback and fwinst like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    I got my shipping email today on the pair I ordered in August. Only issue I'm seeing is the free shipping they promised in the email about 6-8 weeks was not there. I will need to call and see if I can get my 40$ in shipping back.
    16gb or 32gb? Order number?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Order number pls?