Page 120 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    No, I'll take my order. I spent many hours trying to get into the system to get it. But I'll likely not purchase any apps for it and simply wait for the Android port before I start purchasing anything. I didn't feel that way until retailers started getting more stock.
    So you are basically going to punish the Developers of webOS for HP's (your opinion) issue? I would have to ask would you cut off your foot to spite your hand because it did you wrong? Or how about would you stop buying Gas from a certian station because a Car company did you wrong?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    So you are basically going to punish the Developers of webOS for HP's (your opinion) issue? I would have to ask would you cut off your foot to spite your hand because it did you wrong? Or how about would you stop buying Gas from a certian station because a Car company did you wrong?
    i think he just doesnt want to buy apps since he doesnt plan on using webOS as soon as android is released. therefore, his webOS apps would go unused
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    i think he just doesnt want to buy apps since he doesnt plan on using webOS as soon as android is released. therefore, his webOS apps would go unused
    Hard to justify that when the poster states "I didn't feel that way until retailers started getting more stock." I do empathize with his issue as I'm currently waiting for my 32 g touchpad also

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    I can't be mad at a face like that.
    lol
    Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    I just saw a post iin another thread, that stated that they had received the TP they ordered through the HP employee program. Now, this is only one employee that says they've received their TP. However, if that starts blossoming today, I'm going to start getting a bit annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I just saw a post iin another thread, that stated that they had received the TP they ordered through the HP employee program. Now, this is only one employee that says they've received their TP. However, if that starts blossoming today, I'm going to start getting a bit annoyed.
    If Bryna tweets that she got hers, the gloves are coming off.

Also, the pending charge has fallen off. This is the first time I've noticed it not being there since placing my order.
    Last edited by razorback; 09/30/2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    If HP wasn't getting a cut for each app sold I would think differently. If the developers can market their apps without HP getting any I might rethink my attitude. But since I will likely be forced to rely on Android I can't see buying the same apps twice.
    I cancelled my SMB order for two 32gb TP's this morning. I was able to obtain one last week from the Onsale redemption sale, so my needs have been met. I thought about going ahead and taking receipt of the SMB ones, but the market is starting to stagnate and I didn't want to risk possibly taking a loss on these. With the BB Playbook price reductions and their rumored fire sale, I think the tablet market is going to see a glut of units available for sale. I think supply may exceed demand especially in the secondary market.

I do love my existing TP, so I freed up a few for someone else to potentially obtain.
    Last edited by r_wright1; 09/30/2011 at 12:32 PM.
    major payne and raysgrumpy like this.
    This was not the email I was waiting to receive from HP:

Occasionally, I may send email information of interest to you on product/service updates, offers, or event info. Visit the HP Online Privacy Statement to learn how we use automatic data collection tools and your personal information to tailor your communications.

Please let me know if you do not want to receive e-mails of this type from me.

Best regards,
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I cancelled my SMB order for two 32gb TP's this morning. I was able to obtain one last week from the Onsale redemption sale, so my needs have been met. I thought about going ahead and taking receipt of the SMB ones, but the market is starting to stagnate and I didn't want to risk possibly taking a loss on these. With the BB Playbook price reductions and their rumored fire sale, I think the tablet market is going to see a glut of units available for sale. I think supply may exceed demand especially in the secondary market.

I do love my existing TP, so I freed up a few for someone else to potentially obtain.
    You wouldn't be taking a loss and you could have always sold them to friends and family for what you paid or $5 to $10 over (for your troubles hehe). That is what I'm going to do with my 4 Touchpads coming in for SMB. Love the TP as well and along with webos are too good not to spread around. to loved ones.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    I Think I "have" a TP finally !!

OnSale wasted 2 hours of my life yesterday calling their Credit Dept to confirm the payment & later the Customer Service Dept to let them know I have paid for my order. (I don't think the two depts are talking to each other anymore)

The Second chance order has a status of shipped with two UPS tracking numbers (Are they shipping it in two halves?) none of which work but still...

Watch this space.
    Ordered 2 TouchPads using IE on a Windows Phone
    4413XXX, 030568XXX, 32GB (Received)
    4426XXX, 030584XXX, 32GB (Waiting)
    Can anyone make sense of this?? HP has used up all my credit line in pending transactions!!!!! Are they trying to get it declined so they cancel it? There has been no updates or emails about my order...

09/30/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/28/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/22/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/20/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/14/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/12/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/06/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19
    09/03/11 AP DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT 789.19

Who can I contact at HP to clear this up? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I placed my order 08/21 (or 22) before the supposed 4am cutoff and since then all i got was first an estimated shipping date of 09/12 that came and went then the 6-8 weeks email. Interestingly, they placed a hold on my CC 4 times:

(order is for 3x 16G 1x 32G and accesories) this has taken a huge chunk out of my available credit line and if they put a couple more holds it will get declined... Maybe that's their strategy to cancel orders based on declined credit card transaction?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Can anyone make sense of this?? HP has used up all my credit line in pending transactions!!!!! Are they trying to get it declined so they cancel it? There has been no updates or emails about my order...

You might consider calling customer service and switching your order to a different credit card if you have one until those pending transactions roll off.

This is why I use an American Express. No spending limit :-)
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Well another there shows a tracking number so, I guess you should start getting annoyed. Too late for me as I'm already there.
    I called SMB Sales and they explained that they place multiple charges until the order gets fulfilled, supposedly once a week to keep the authorization live. I explained that I have multiple charges at the same time and that it used up all my credit and the rep told me they will clear all pending charges except for the most recent one within 3 business days. I hope they don't cancel my order due to having the credit declined!!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    My credit card website doesn't show the temp transactions, but by my credit limit currently show I can compute it. I have $420 of temp charges.. so that about the cost of two 32GB touchpads with Tax... and shipping?

hmm... no e-mails from HP to me, but it's not week 8 yet.
    Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Well another there shows a tracking number so, I guess you should start getting annoyed. Too late for me as I'm already there.
    Just saw that. I can tell you that I'll never purchase another HP product. I can see sending some stock to retailers that sell a large number of your products before shipping the SMB orders. However, there is absolutely no excuse for selling and shipping thousands of units to your employees, through a sale that started over a month after the initial SMB units were ordered, before you finish shipping the SMB orders. How about filling orders for customers that have been waiting patiently for a month, with the stock you got in. Then after those orders were satisfied, sell the remaining stock to your employees. No wonder this company's stock is tanking. WOW, the only way they can screw this up any more is to start cancelling orders they said would be good (orders prior to 8/22, 4am CT). I won't bother calling, because I know that the people answering the phones can't do anything about it. "Anything but HP" is my new mantra. MORONS!!

My question is how many did you attempt to buy 7 16gig or 5 32 gigs

fwinst Don't do it, you have been the one who always stayed calm. You must keep the peace!!!
    fwinst and torrguy like this.
    Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    fwinst Don't do it, you have been the one who always stayed calm. You must keep the peace!!!
    lol