Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108113114115116117118119120121122123 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    What upsets me is that companies like Onsale got more stock. Plain and simple. HP put the retailers above their customers. That's the choice they made.
    OnSale is one of HP's customers. A much bigger one than you or me, with a lot more power to hurt HP if HP were to tick them off.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    OnSale is one of HP's customers. A much bigger one than you or me, with a lot more power to hurt HP if HP were to tick them off.
    Maybe yes, but..

Unless Onsale uses HP equipment, they are not a customer. They are a vendor. I don't know that Onsale uses HP servers or desktops. But the stock they buy to resell doesn't do them any good unless customers are willing to buy it.

And considering that HP has stated that they are going to get out of the hardware business, why do they even care about a hardware vendor?
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    One guy above wrote saying he is entitled becoz they put a hold on his CC.. that is a not ok..if you cannot afford to have a hold then you shouldnt be buying the product and be more fiscally responsible..
    Whoa, hold on a sec - if you're referring to my post above, presenting an opposing view to a remark about "entitlement", I believe you didn't understand the nature of my comment... I was referring to the transaction being completed by receiving an "order confirmation" email, with the HP Order Status page showing "credit accepted", and a shipping date of 8/23. With any other business, that means your order is complete and will ship on 8/23; if there were any problems with the order, some form of communication would be sent out to inform you of the delay. HP screwed up by not communicating their issues until more than a week after the shipping date passed. This is unacceptable, especially for a company the size of HP, and made more egregious in light of their newly-announced strategy - enterprise services!! To add to this steaming pile, factor in yesterday's employee-only firesale... If you can't complete the orders you have currently, where do you find the stock (and the balls) to hold an internal sale?!?

Also... please don't insinuate that having a hold on funds on a credit card makes for a hardship - how people handle their finances shouldn't be a topic of discussion here. I was stating that with the pre-auth's... HP needs to "sh__ or get off the pot", as they say. Pre-auth my card when you're ready to ship, not every week until then.

So if you've gotten the 6-8 week email, it hasn't been 6-8 weeks yet. What exactly are you complaining about? Any other retailer would have simply canceled your order due to lack of stock and simply put the next incoming shipment up for sale on a first come, first served basis, meaning you'd have to fight for your chance to own one yet again.

In a nutshell, get over it, be patient, stop whining, calling HP names, etc. If you really so disgusted with HP's efforts to get you a Touchpad that you want to sever all ties with them, then I dare you to email TouchPadCancel@hp.com and cancel your order.
    We're complaining that HP can find enough TP's to hold an internal sale, whereas their customers are still waiting. Picture it this way - if you went to an extremely busy restaurant for dinner, placed your order, and after waiting for 30 minutes, you see the kitchen staff in the banquet hall enjoying their meal! Upon asking the server, you're told "Oh, your meal will be about another 30-40 minutes; your meal is still being prepared." How would you feel? Apologetic to the staff who are already eating, or ticked-off that you - the paying customer - are made to wait?

Given that OnSale is opening up some cancelled orders, I'd say that OnSale is at least trying to make good on some of their broken promises. HP, on the other hand, has been stringing us along for more than a month. If HP did the OnSale route - cancelled up front, then contacting those with cancelled orders and offering first dibs on re-allocated stock - I'm sure there would be less of us here griping.

And no, I'm not cancelling my order... I've got too much time invested now to say "screw it"... but HP have just guaranteed that I'll never buy or recommend their products again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    If HP did the OnSale route - cancelled up front, then contacting those with cancelled orders and offering first dibs on re-allocated stock - I'm sure there would be less of us here griping.
    Just as I suspected. No good deed goes unpunished.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Honestly speaking - by the time my two get delivered - there will be so many more/better options out there and they will certainly be up for sale, unless there are some software advancements that will make the TP a more consumer-friendly device for someone who has little time for or patience with devices that are not ready to right out of the box. I have mine, and I like it - but also I do not mind the hiccups, at least for now - but with more competitively priced items out there - I would have to think twice about giving the TP as a gift. If I did not already have one, the wait would be painful because it would be too long to go without knowing what I am getting - For now - the wait is both good and bad: Good because it gives me time to see what else is going to be out there before I finalize my decision about giving the TP as a gift, bad because with the drop in prices of other tablets, it might be harder to sell the TPs come - whenever they are going to be delivered to me.
    Just as I suspected. No good deed goes unpunished.
    How is stringing your customer along a "good deed"? OnSale screwed the pooch royally by overselling their stock, then they dropped the oversold orders within days of discovering their error. They've only partially redeemed themselves by offering up their re-allocated stock to those they dropped - their Amazon rating is still in toilet.

HP, on the other hand, has been lax in communication about orders... and having an employee sale while their SMB customer's are still on the hook is galling. I wouldn't say that restarting the production line - at a loss - to "fill remaining orders" was completely altruistic... there have been rumblings that their suppliers were super-peeved to be left hanging with part orders for TP's; these same suppliers that produce parts for servers and switches, which HP needs for their "new direction". Filling the remaining orders keeps the suppliers in good graces - customers like myself have already been lost.
    sv234 and raysgrumpy like this.
    I have never posted before... I haven't liked this situation since the beginning, I ordered on 8/20, one 32gb for my family. I also ordered a 16gb from onsale for my daughter on 8/21. Never did I expect her to get her's before mine. Still, I chose to wait it out. The lack of communication is appalling. And, now, after keeping the money available, they have placed 2 holds, less than a dollar apart, on my account. I don't feel guilty for being upset. I haven't heard one word about the double charges. The amount is more than the prior charging, and certainly not to refund the difference between 2 day shipping charges and none! I am not rich enough to have twice as much money put on hold for a product I am still not confident I'll receive. I have recently lost my job, and the only reason I purchased the touchpad was that it was affordable and would help with the increased demands in my growing household for internet access. Between college student and an honors jr hi student, it was supposed to fill in the gap. This is a frustrating situation, and for those of you who are lucky enough to afford multiples, or those of us who were hoping to find affordable solutions, all I would hope for would be some honest, straightforward answers.
    and #staycoolmybabies just seems demeaning
    Does anyone know what Bryna looks like? I might be able to cope with #staycoolmybabies if she's cute.

(Yes. I'm a pig. Look at my username.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    Whoa, hold on a sec - if you're referring to my post above, presenting an opposing view to a remark about "entitlement", I believe you didn't understand the nature of my comment...

Also... please don't insinuate that having a hold on funds on a credit card makes for a hardship - how people handle their finances shouldn't be a topic of discussion here. I was stating that with the pre-auth's... HP needs to "sh__ or get off the pot", as they say. Pre-auth my card when you're ready to ship, not every week until then.
    No I wasnt referring to your post.. It was way before like yesterday or on Tuesday..

Regarding hold.. yes, I do agree that they shouldnt put a hold before they are ready to invoice. I have no disagreement..they are running it like build to order which TP firesale is not."
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    SMB shipped my TP today.

Took long enough. O__O
    Just got the tracking information for 2 16 G touchpad.

order#43833**, on 08/20/ around 4pm.

I did get 6-8 weeks email
    sv234 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by freshair View Post
    SMB shipped my TP today.

Took long enough. O__O
    Congrats you lucky dog Btw what is ur order number it might give me some hope
    Quote Originally Posted by cult001 View Post
    Just got the tracking information for 2 16 G touchpad.

order#43833**, on 08/20/ around 4pm.

I did get 6-8 weeks email
    Great news..
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Does anyone know what Bryna looks like? I might be able to cope with #staycoolmybabies if she's cute.

(Yes. I'm a pig. Look at my username.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    No I wasnt referring to your post.. It was way before like yesterday or on Tuesday..

Regarding hold.. yes, I do agree that they shouldnt put a hold before they are ready to invoice. I have no disagreement..they are running it like build to order which TP firesale is not."
    Wow... I just re-read my post, and I think I was a little more caustic than necessary...

My apologies for flying off the handle... but HP just brings that out in me!

And those 8-weekers with your shipping notifications... Congrats! I'm only ~1k orders behind you guys... here's hoping I see my 32GB before Columbus Day!

Wait... I'm 439xxxx... that ten thousand off... gotta stay positive... !
    Last edited by jvanhou; 09/29/2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Counting and reading comprehension fail
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm way over the poster above me
    Last edited by GmDude66; 09/29/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar1078 View Post
    Congrats you lucky dog Btw what is ur order number it might give me some hope
    4380xxx

One of the first to orders, one of the last to receive. lol
    I'm 4416xxx and still very optomistic - with alittle bit of please let me be right...lol
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    First post... Though I've been stalking this entire forum for about 6 weeks...

Ordered the 20th of August at 4pm eastern.. 2 16 gig touchpads..

Just received my order shipped email from HP...
    web order --43836xx Though the order status page hasn't changed out of admin at all..
    Figured I'd share