Page 117 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Funny how other resellers like OnSale are coming up with new stock to sell while we are all on backorder status, not to mention the employee sale. I think all SMB buyers are considered red headed step children at this point.
    i, along with the rest of many, am still waiting on my 32gb from the smb. i did have a question about this "admin" status that ive heard so much about. no where on my order status detail do i see anything of the sort...where are u guys (or gals) seeing this??
    anybody know the latest # shipped? I would HOPE the pace of things should be picking up now that the employee sale is over with..
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    anybody know the latest # shipped? I would HOPE the pace of things should be picking up now that the employee sale is over with..
    I haven't heard anyone on this site say they've had anything shipped from HP for a week or so. I think HP is waiting for TP's to arrive. Let's hope that we hear from others on this thread that their TP has shipped before we start seeing HP employees getting theirs.
    I havent heard anything either. Ordered on 8/21 4:00PM EST order 4421XXX.

I received two confirmations within a week of ordering but nothing since. #Starycoolmybabies (Brynaathp) gets more annoying every time i read it.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    i, along with the rest of many, am still waiting on my 32gb from the smb. i did have a question about this "admin" status that ive heard so much about. no where on my order status detail do i see anything of the sort...where are u guys (or gals) seeing this??
    Followthe link below and replace the HP oder # there with your own. When you get to the status page, look under "Order Status". That is where everyone is seeing the "admin" status. On the example I left in there, it says "Delivered"...lucky dog.

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public...1&display.y=11
    No news here, I'm still with the Admin..

I suppose we should just wait for the 8 week mark...
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    It still makes me mad that HP has been sending more units to retailers while we continue to wait for our deliveries. Yes, I understand that keeping good relationships with retailers is important. But if you upset the end-user there is nobody left to buy from the retailer you just made happy.
    I've been tracking this thread since the start of the firesale.. I am still waiting on my 32 gig TP from SMB ordered on 21st aug.. got 6-8 week email.. luckly one of my cousin had ordered 4 TPs form onsale.. but got cancellations and now since they started taking orders .. He was kind enough to give me a couple of order ids and got them promptly from onsale yesterday!!

I can feel for the people still waiting for their tp... and I've come to think since SMB ( small and medium biz) will naturally give priority to small and medium biz to keep their tie ups.. rather than individual customers.. but that's just me ...

All said.. Touch pad rocks !! webos is beautiful... hopefully someone with a brain over at HP will keep it alive.. with all the drama that is going on there!!
    sv234 and Touchkeeper like this.
    My order has disappeared from the following site
    SMB Account Login:

https://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/dc...n=OrderHistory

But it is still alive in this site

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

Anyon.... Oh Forget it.
    Ordered 2 TouchPads using IE on a Windows Phone
    4413XXX, 030568XXX, 32GB (Received)
    4426XXX, 030584XXX, 32GB (Waiting)
    Quote Originally Posted by torrguy View Post
    My order has disappeared from the following site
    SMB Account Login:

https://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/dc...n=OrderHistory

But it is still alive in this site

https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

Anyon.... Oh Forget it.
    First link is for quote and order status.. it is only valid for 30 days.. so we are past.. but if you click on order status and then enter your credentials you will see it.. I had the same heart attack on the 21st.. you are just a week late..
    fwinst likes this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerloop View Post
    I can feel for the people still waiting for their tp... and I've come to think since SMB ( small and medium biz) will naturally give priority to small and medium biz to keep their tie ups.. rather than individual customers.. but that's just me ...
    Small and medium business is not the retail chain. The fact is, I am part of small and medium business. My main job is actually enterprise and we have a very large HP presence. But my personal consulting is done to small and medium sized companies. And my consulting business itself is likely considered Home Office. HP has alienated me. My business decisions will be clouded by this. They have found a way to make a customer mad that touches almost every aspect of their business model. So that's great that they have kept the retailers happy. But I won't be buying their products from their happy retailers.
    jvanhou and Touchkeeper like this.
    Some of these posts are real downers.

I need some hope. Or an intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Small and medium business is not the retail chain. The fact is, I am part of small and medium business. My main job is actually enterprise and we have a very large HP presence. But my personal consulting is done to small and medium sized companies. And my consulting business itself is likely considered Home Office. HP has alienated me. My business decisions will be clouded by this. They have found a way to make a customer mad that touches almost every aspect of their business model. So that's great that they have kept the retailers happy. But I won't be buying their products from their happy retailers.
    I see the point..but I disagree.. Every computer and printer in my house is HP(compaq) for the past 12 years . The fact that they decided to run the factory to honor the orders put them up above the rest. There is a loss at doing this.. you can say it is strategic but still a loss. They have communicated via twitter, email and webpage. Sour grapes will always be sour.. One guy above wrote saying he is entitled becoz they put a hold on his CC.. that is a not ok..if you cannot afford to have a hold then you shouldnt be buying the product and be more fiscally responsible.. MacMall put hold on my credit card many times and never ever delivered a thing for me..not just during the touchpad episode.Some of the amazon vendors have done that too. HP however is striving to deliver..I dont work for HP.. I dont have any investing interest in HP.. I am stating based on what I am seeing thru my clear glass.. some of us are wearing colored glasses..world would be red with a red glass..

BTW my orders are on my company which is small business and not on individual.. I am also waiting
    Last edited by sv234; 09/29/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    razorback - I believe you received the 6 - 8 wk email...we have been told that for the amazing low price of $99 or $149 we will receive our touchpad as late as November 7th. They are coming but for reasons we will never know we will be waiting abit longer than others. The important part of this is our touchpads are on the way. So, there will alot of talk around the Thanksgiving table as your family and friends keep asking "how did you get so lucky"...(hope this cheers you up).
    I also run a SMB and am an HP reseller. In fact I ordered my Touchpads from SMB using my business credit card in hopes that it would give my order priority over a consumer ordering from SMB. It still took me one month to get my Touchpads. But this has not changed my view of HP, and if a customer requests an HP product, I have no problems selling it to them. The circumstances around the Touchpad fire sale were--and still are--unique. In fact, I can't think of any other product in history that has generated this level of interest and demand as a result of a price reduction.

What HP did with the Touchpad price reduction was far more than any Black Friday deal. Given that, IMO people should have realized this was going to be an ordeal from the start. Not everyone gets Black Friday deals, and if you miss them on Black Friday, you don't have an opportunity to get them later. HP did people the favor of saying, "hey, we're out of stock for now, but as soon as we get more from the factory, we'll attempt to fill your order in 2 or 6-8 weeks," and people are still complaining because they are Touchpad-less. No one gripes this much when they miss a Black Friday deal because they know from the start that their odds of actually scoring one are slim due to the increased demand. IMO people should treat the fire sale the same way, as if it were winning a prize. If you get one, congratulations, you won! If not, oh well, your chances were slim to begin with anyway. You don't play the lottery expecting to win.

So if you've gotten the 6-8 week email, it hasn't been 6-8 weeks yet. What exactly are you complaining about? Any other retailer would have simply canceled your order due to lack of stock and simply put the next incoming shipment up for sale on a first come, first served basis, meaning you'd have to fight for your chance to own one yet again.

In a nutshell, get over it, be patient, stop whining, calling HP names, etc. If you really so disgusted with HP's efforts to get you a Touchpad that you want to sever all ties with them, then I dare you to email TouchPadCancel@hp.com and cancel your order.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I also run a SMB and am an HP reseller. In fact I ordered my Touchpads from SMB using my business credit card in hopes that it would give my order priority over a consumer ordering from SMB. ...
    In a nutshell, get over it, be patient, stop whining, calling HP names, etc. If you really so disgusted with HP's efforts to get you a Touchpad that you want to sever all ties with them, then I dare you to email TouchPadCancel@hp.com and cancel your order.
    Well said...
    Some of us need this forum to help keep us from going buggy while we wait.
    tojorisin likes this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I have no issue with understanding this whole thing was a mess from the start. What upsets me is that companies like Onsale got more stock. Plain and simple. HP put the retailers above their customers. That's the choice they made. When companies put their customers second it says a lot about the company.

Someday I'll document how U.S. Robotics handled Spiral Death Syndrome (SDS) and put their customers first at great expense to the company.

There are a lot of companies looking for my business. I will base my buying decisions on who I can trust to put my interests at the head of the line. That's OK, I have a whole list of companies I will no longer do business with unless I have no choice. I'm sure it doesn't bother then in the least. But I guarantee you, I'm not the only one.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    No, I'll take my order. I spent many hours trying to get into the system to get it. But I'll likely not purchase any apps for it and simply wait for the Android port before I start purchasing anything. I didn't feel that way until retailers started getting more stock.