Page 116 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    In the meantime, I jumped into the webOS pool with a $76 eBay-ed Veer... don't mind feeding the scalpers on that, since I can't buy the Veer at retail for less than $400 sans contract (AT&T can suck it), but I refuse to buy a TP at 200% of last retail price.
    I just got my Veer unlocked, and I'm loving it! Although I miss the screen and camera of my Nokia N8, I absolutely adore how slick and usable webOS is!
    I really wanted a Veer, but I just bought my Pixi Plus just before everything that led to the lower Veer price. I guess I could still buy one, but then my Pixi would have been a waste of money... And my parents probably wouldn't like that it would be my third phone purchase in under a year.

Still waiting for my TP too...

My kitten is lonely now. She really wanted an iPad to talk to her kitten friends with FaceTime, but I convinced her to buy a firesale TouchPad instead. Now I'm away at college and I can't even Skype her since it hasn't come yet. I'm sure she would also love to play Angry Birds...
    underwaterdan likes this.
    Has anybody heard anything yet? Being that today the hp employees we gonna get their chance to buy a TP,which means that the 2nd batch arrived today.?right?
    Hrm, temporary authorizations that have been cycling for the last several weeks now gone. No Emails since original order acceptance. Just the reliable word of customer support saying "your order is still valid, just wait for it." I'm not worried at all. If I could stop myself from checking the forum and my order status, I might just get a surprise in the mail one day! (Not gonna happen, I'm hooked on checking for updates!)

Hi, My name is Tojo and I'm addicted to updates. I'm glad to know I am in the right place.
    razorback likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    Since everyone (people like Sriman on the main SD TP board) and the ones above are coming up with sorry stories..
    {clip}
    People .. grow up.. it was a fire sale .. we arent entitled to anything.. HP is doing us a favor by not cancelling the orders..
    Yes, we are entitled to the product we ordered and paid for (well, attempted to pay for since HP can't seem to get their credit card processing in order). If HP did not have the stock available, they should've cancelled the orders and apologized up front. True, most of us would be griping that we missed out on a great opportunity, but we also wouldn't be checking our accounts every day for another pre-auth on our cards, tying up funds that could be used for something else.

That said, I'm still waiting...
    zoey_s, agg23 and Dar1078 like this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar1078 View Post
    Has anybody heard anything yet? Being that today the hp employees we gonna get their chance to buy a TP,which means that the 2nd batch arrived today.?right?
    Employees were told, when the employee sale was announced, that they would have to wait 10 days after ordering for their TP's to be shipped. Not sure if that will happen. However, it could mean that HP doesn't anticipate having stock until next week, or beyond.
    they have a little while longer or I will be getting a kindle fire
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    ...We passed the 100k hits before many shipments were received...
    If HP would've....

A. Understood and tracked their stock levels accurately before/during the firesale,
    B. Communicated promptly, and consistantly with their SMB customers on order status,
    C. Not provided other retailers with units before fulfilling their own obligations made prior
    to any mishaps with said retailers,
    D. Not offered TP's to employees BEFORE filling SMB orders that are now over 30 days
    old,
    E. Made every effort to Reassure SMB customers that their orders would be filled after
    the email leaked about the employee sale,
    F. Emailed every customer with a valid SMB order either a 2 week or 6-8 week notice,
    G. Actually cancelled and removed any orders on the SMB status system dated after
    8/22, 4am CT, and sent out cancellation notices.

...we would never have gotten to 100K hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanhou View Post
    Yes, we are entitled to the product we ordered and paid for (well, attempted to pay for since HP can't seem to get their credit card processing in order). If HP did not have the stock available, they should've cancelled the orders and apologized up front. True, most of us would be griping that we missed out on a great opportunity, but we also wouldn't be checking our accounts every day for another pre-auth on our cards, tying up funds that could be used for something else.

That said, I'm still waiting...
    Yessssssss you hit the nail on the head that is just about word 4 word exactly how I feel,that HP should have handled this whole thing I placed an order for three way before the cutoff date and one of my orders was cancelled for no reason, after calling CS They could not give me a straight answer as to y it had been canceled, then when I was checking my order a few days after I got my conformation email I noticed my order had been allocated I was happy cause I thought I would be getting my TP ,but NOT!! Still waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by manormortal View Post
    they have a little while longer or I will be getting a kindle fire
    Ya, I know.. yestarday i got an email saying my credit card was decline.. So i call and ask why? she said i don't know... ??? I look at my credit card they charge my credit card 3 times. I order one?? I ask if my order was still valid she said yes, and they should charge it again to make sure it is approved.

Well today i got a email saying it has been approved again and it is being processed? Question to all that has gottent theirs. before they shipped it, did they make the charge final?

Order date 8/21
    BlackHaven22 - the same thing with the credit card happened to me. I received an email from HP stating the card was declined and another email the following day stating the charge was accepted (after I transferred funds). I checked my order number and I'm still in admin - for me, it's just another hold although I have scheduled delivery date now of October 9th (at least I'm out of Sept) lol. Expecting to receive my order the end of October.
    I read on another site that a person who ordered the second chance from OnSale received their 32gb already (today actually). Anyone here order another touchpad through them?
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Employees were told, when the employee sale was announced, that they would have to wait 10 days after ordering for their TP's to be shipped. Not sure if that will happen. However, it could mean that HP doesn't anticipate having stock until next week, or beyond.
    And I am sure Hp would never lie to their employees offering something that isn't in stock..... (can you catch the heavy sarcasm there?)
    Yes I did - My coworker got his today. He couldn't get one from the HP site (from which I was able to order 1), but sadly mine isn't here yet and his is...

Go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    I read on another site that a person who ordered the second chance from OnSale received their 32gb already (today actually). Anyone here order another touchpad through them?
    yeah, there's a thread here in this forum that's already 19 pages or so about Onsale making good on their orders. I placed a 2nd chance order through onsale and within a couple of days received a tracking number, and now it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, been tracking it since it left Memphis yesterday. a lot of people in that thread have already gotten their TPs. though, everyone seems to have a number, xxx/1000 on the box they received, so it's possible Onsale only got 1000, and they've limited everyone to just 1 32GB TP.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ir-orders.html
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    My order # changed once. Now when I check the status I get the message "Your request was unable to be processed at this time please try again later." Has anyone else got this?
    Well, it's good to know OnSale discussions aren't rumors and hopefully our orders will be filled within a few weeks...now, I'm off to read the above link (Thanks, aesoprock00)
    Last edited by Yes I Did; 09/28/2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    If HP would've....

A. Understood and tracked their stock levels accurately before/during the firesale,
    B. Communicated promptly, and consistantly with their SMB customers on order status,
    C. Not provided other retailers with units before fulfilling their own obligations made prior
    to any mishaps with said retailers,
    D. Not offered TP's to employees BEFORE filling SMB orders that are now over 30 days
    old,
    E. Made every effort to Reassure SMB customers that their orders would be filled after
    the email leaked about the employee sale,
    F. Emailed every customer with a valid SMB order either a 2 week or 6-8 week notice,
    G. Actually cancelled and removed any orders on the SMB status system dated after
    8/22, 4am CT, and sent out cancellation notices.

...we would never have gotten to 100K hits.
    While I agree, the fact is that if they had "Understood and tracked their stock levels accurately before/during the firesale" their website would have shown out of stock and we would never have been able to place our orders in the first place. Ironically, their incompetence is the only reason we will more that likely get our TPs from them.
    torrguy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    My order # changed once. Now when I check the status I get the message "Your request was unable to be processed at this time please try again later." Has anyone else got this?
    Yes, I often get that message. I just back up and try it again, and it usually comes through after a few times.

Just as a matter of record, I have a number in the 440xxxx's, and have not received any further notice other than "anything ordered before 8/22 would be honored." What's the highest order number that has been shipped yet?

(On another note, my computer or their network was glitching, and I ended up with 4 orders going through. They cancelled the first three, since they were all the same, but they cancelled the earlier ones, and not the last one! That puts me farther down the list! Oh well, as long as I get it!)
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    While I agree, the fact is that if they had "Understood and tracked their stock levels accurately before/during the firesale" their website would have shown out of stock and we would never have been able to place our orders in the first place. Ironically, their incompetence is the only reason we will more that likely get our TPs from them.
    You could very well be right. Still...it is one of the major reasons this thread is still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    I got my touchpad from onsale today but still waiting on mine from hp.