Page 115 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes I Did View Post
    Ok, here's my deal. It's getting very close to getting the touchpad and guess what happened...my debit card declined. The HP email said I had five days to recitify (transferred funds within minutes) but will all this confusion of information between customer service and now Bryna - I may have just "bleeped" myself! I laugh only because the tears won't come.
    You should be okay. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. They keep running your credit for 5 days after its declined. So if you transferred funds, you should be good. You should see the hold amount again, if your payment was accepted. I'm still waiting on my two 16gigs. Web Order 4408XXX HP 3056XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    If you made the 8/21 order cutoff, your order will most likely go through!
    Hmmm, I thought HP has already cancelled all the orders that were outside the cutoff. I got an email on one of my orders which was outside about cancellation.. Why are u guys still talking about 8/21 ?
    Could you imagine the backlash if a company like Apple did this to its customers? 6 credit card holds, 2 emails, and some lady posting "updates" on Twitter once every few weeks. Shameful behavior by HP.
    #StayCoolmyBabies
    manormortal likes this.
    I thought the order date cutoff was 8/22 at 4 am I just called today and they said I was good, I ordered on 8/21.
    Quote Originally Posted by 482123 View Post
    Could you imagine the backlash if a company like Apple did this to its customers? 6 credit card holds, 2 emails, and some lady posting "updates" on Twitter once every few weeks. Shameful behavior by HP.
    Backlash of customers... Apple.. in the same sentence.. that is a cult.. every one would say Apple is perfecting the system and that it is going to better than what it is.. Cult following is the one that will buy highly marked up product that no one knows what it can be used for ...Remember antennagate.. it took a while for Apple to even acknowledge there is a problem..HP is doing this at a loss.. we have to be grateful.. Apple would never take a loss for its customer.. never..
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 482123 View Post
    Is there a difference between HP and Apple? Any company having a 80% off sale on a new product they released only two months prior would have a issue with take orders for their online stores.

I don't see the big deal myself. They got overwhelmed, a million and a half orders in a short two day period. They sent everyone a email clearing explaining the cut off date and time, gave people the option of cancelling their order if the 6-8 week lead time was too long of a wait for your order to ship. I'm in the same boat with two hp orders and it's pretty obvious by now that they can only put a hold on your cc for 5-10 days, it drops then they pick it back up for another 5-10 until they get the remaining units built and are able to fill orders.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    sv234, Yes I Did and zoey_s like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    Charged shipping and then redid without shipping..you are set..I got the same..I have seen the same from someone who got their shipped during first week of sept in this board..
    oh great, so instead of making sure I keep $328.71 or whatever the hell it is in my checking account between holds, I have to make sure there's an extra ~$320 or so for the day when they get close to shipping and put 2 holds on it? what a p.i.t.a.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    oh great, so instead of making sure I keep $328.71 or whatever the hell it is in my checking account between holds, I have to make sure there's an extra ~$320 or so for the day when they get close to shipping and put 2 holds on it? what a p.i.t.a.
    Should we buying 3 touchpads if we dont have an additional $300 for backup cash in checking?
    BTJepson likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sv234 View Post
    Backlash of customers... Apple.. in the same sentence.. that is a cult.. every one would say Apple is perfecting the system and that it is going to better than what it is.. Cult following is the one that will buy highly marked up product that no one knows what it can be used for ...Remember antennagate.. it took a while for Apple to even acknowledge there is a problem..HP is doing this at a loss.. we have to be grateful.. Apple would never take a loss for its customer.. never..
    I completely agree. Apple would never ever do this. Apple nuts would deny any issues. Apple has slick products but they aim them at easy targets.

sent from my thunderbolt
    sv234 likes this.
    Wow... I've been lurking on this thread for a while after ordering my 32GB from HP SMB, and tuned out for awhile after getting the 6-8 week stall tactic... erm, I mean email.

In the meantime, I jumped into the webOS pool with a $76 eBay-ed Veer... don't mind feeding the scalpers on that, since I can't buy the Veer at retail for less than $400 sans contract (AT&T can suck it), but I refuse to buy a TP at 200% of last retail price. 'Specially when I got my order confirmation fair and square from HP well before the 8/22 cutoff. For reference, I ordered 8/20 around 7pm MDT, HP confirmed it 8/21 @5pm, my web order number is 4392xxx, and the HP number 3504xxxx was bumped to 3506xxxx after they adjusted my order for "free" shipping (thanks for knocking me back about 20000 orders, HP!).

I just got my Veer unlocked, and I'm loving it! Although I miss the screen and camera of my Nokia N8, I absolutely adore how slick and usable webOS is!

So, I jump back into the TP waiting game and see even the 2-week email people are getting Dear John letters from HP... I bought a Touchstone and keyboard with the "notify me" discount code - depending on how the next 3 weeks go, they might end up for sale...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well, the wait is finally about to wind down. The shipments are arriving here in the US (Brynaathp) and should start being shipped by early october. Some might not get until late october. )
    I do not know if it has been stated before - but is HP SMB still sending out notices to those who already got the 6-8 week notification AND asked to be notified when other TPs come in?
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    They sent everyone a email clearing explaining the cut off date and time, gave people the option of cancelling their order if the 6-8 week lead time was too long of a wait for your order to ship.
    Well not everyone, and I know that I am not alone in this reguard. I did order early on 8/21, my order shows up in the order status, my credit card has a pending charge, yet not one e-mail since.
    I've gotten one email on the 25th of last month confirming my order that was placed mid day sunday. That was the last and only email. That being said, I have had the cc hold ever since and this am I have two for the same amount.
    Well,

We passed the 100k hits before many shipments were received.

Here's a new race.

I just ordered the new Amazon 7" Kindle Fire Tablet. It's Android based and supposed to ship November 21. I wonder which will arrive first, the Kindle or the Tpad?
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    My husband and our son, both Road Warriors of the First Degree, planned a road trip to Alaska celebrating their 75th and 50th birthdays. The trip was scheduled to start the fourth week of August.

I ordered a TP, thinking that I would have all kinds of time to play with it while they were gone. Wrong! My husband has been home for weeks and no TP.

I guess that this thread is proof that misery does love company and that we all have to just hang in there.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    I guess that this thread is proof that misery does love company and that we all have to just hang in there.
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Since everyone (people like Sriman on the main SD TP board) and the ones above are coming up with sorry stories.. I am going to come up with one. I ordered three touchpads since I found that my dog , cat and the fish are all bored once I go out to work . I ordered TP on ground shipping hoping to get it atleast by Aug 25th so that my pets can be happy while am at work. My dog loves watching dog channel ,cat the cat channel and the fish watches Elmo..I cannot bear the look in their eyes the last 6 weeks for HP hasnt been kind to animals and ship the d...n TP asap.. I dont want to pay more on CL or Ebay to the hoarders becoz it is against the principles that my pets stand for...I am going to cancel the order and donate all the money to local humane society..

People .. grow up.. it was a fire sale .. we arent entitled to anything.. HP is doing us a favor by not cancelling the orders..
    denimadept and agg23 like this.
    Order still in the system. Just waiting patiently. I have had a few emails saying they are still coming.