Page 114 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    I've consolidated my thread watching down to this one thread -- thanks to everyone who keeps posting updates.

What concerns me is that there are people who got the 2-week email who have not yet received their order. Are we going into the 4th week after the 2-week email now? If they underestimated how many units they were going to be able to ship in 2 weeks, then I fear that they may come up short overall.
    Dang it! I got excited when I saw people who ordered 16gb units getting the double holds for two different amounts, but alas mine doesn't have any hold currently. All my holds have been for the original amount that includes shipping instead of the updated amount with free shipping.

My initial thought was that those with double holds are likely about to ship, but I gave up on trying to predict what HP will do weeks ago. It's like the big debate on whether the 6-8 weeks is from order date or the email date when we should all know by now that is just a time frame someone made up with no basis in fact. After all, HP gave up on the TP less that 8 weeks after it was released. We can't expect them to plan that far in the future.
    Anyone else get a new email from HP in the last day?

It basically said orders would be fulfilled before the end of October.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post

It basically said orders would be fulfilled before the end of October.
    End of October? Did they specify a year?

Toasters,

What are you order numbers?
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post

Toasters,

What are you order numbers?
    Web# 4381XXXX

HP# 3059XXXX

Ordered mid-day on the 20th.
    I did get the 2 week email some time ago, but I gather they ran out of units before they had sent mine for processing.

The mail I received yesterday is apologizing for the fact that they were unable to fulfill the 2-week promise.

----

Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. We regret to inform you that we did not receive enough stock to fulfill your order 3059xxxx within the communicated estimated ship date. Your order has been placed on the prioritized list for the first shipments of the next stock receipt. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has shipped. We are expecting all orders to ship by the end of October or earlier. We apologize that these timelines are longer than previously indicated and that we cannot give you an exact date that your order will ship.
    ----

The Email goes on, but the rest is just the standard boilerplate regarding the cancellation process and no-return policy
    That actually makes me feel better. At least HP has acknowledged that some of the 2-week people did not get their units & sent an update. And I'm not surprised that we 6-8 week people got nothing because we are still in that window.
    TouchPad order received October 25th!
    3064XXXX - Haven't received any email notifications from HP yet.

Glad I have my iPad 2 to fall back on

My back-ordered TouchPad is already sold to a friend who missed the sale.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tojorisin View Post
    End of October? Did they specify a year?
    how true...
    torrguy likes this.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    @BrynaAtHP

I have an update from the Small Medium Business HP Store coming up regarding TouchPad back orders. Watch my next few tweets.
    From Small Med. Biz store team: The TouchPads for SMB orders are starting to arrive in the US. Orders that made the 8/21 cutoff (next tweet)
    (cont') will start to ship early October but could take until the end of Oct. #PLSBePatient. Check order status here: FAQ - HP TouchPad
    And.. END SCENE. That's all they've given me for TouchPad news today. #JustTheMessenger #StayCoolmyBabies
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I ordered One 16gb TouchPad from SMB on either August 20th or 21st (not entirely sure). HP has been holding $128.12 (and "checking it" once a week) since I ordered. Now all of the sudden I log in today and see this (both of those are holds):

09/28/2011 HP DIRECT - SMB -$104.94
    09/28/2011 HP DIRECT - SMB -$128.12

Do you guys think I am going to get my TouchPad?
    razorback likes this.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GmDude66 View Post
    Hey guys, I ordered One 16gb TouchPad from SMB on either August 20th or 21st (not entirely sure). HP has been holding $128.12 (and "checking it" once a week) since I ordered. Now all of the sudden I log in today and see this (both of those are holds):

09/28/2011 HP DIRECT - SMB -$104.94
    09/28/2011 HP DIRECT - SMB -$128.12

Do you guys think I am going to get my TouchPad?
    If you made the 8/21 order cutoff, your order will most likely go through!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    If you made the 8/21 order cutoff, your order will most likely go through!
    Awesome, that's what I was thinking!

It is weird that there is two holds for one TouchPad though.

As long as I receive it, I don't mind, lol
    Received an email today that my order was declined.

Subject: Credit Card Declined for Order 03059****

WTH? I checked my cc account and the hold is still there with available credit. I called HP support and the cs rep. was dumbfounded. He didn't really have an answer for me and said he will contact HP credit and email me back.
    Well, mid October is still 6-8 weeks so that might hold true. I just want my TouchPad already!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    So, Bryna says, "Orders that made the 8/21 cutoff will start to ship early October but could take until the end of Oct."

Wasn't the cutoff set @ 8/22, 4am CT?? I've seen the 8/21 date used before (I can't remember where). At any rate, I wish the messages being sent out were at least consistant, if not accurate.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    So, Bryna says, "Orders that made the 8/21 cutoff will start to ship early October but could take until the end of Oct."

Wasn't the cutoff set @ 8/22, 4am CT?? I've seen the 8/21 date used before (I can't remember where). At any rate, I wish the messages being sent out were at least consistant, if not accurate.
    +1. After getting the confirmation and the 6-8 weeks emails, I will be really pi**ed if I don't get my 32Gb Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

The FAQ link that she gives to the SMB website gives the 8/22 4am cutoff, so I hope that at least that hasn't changed!
    Ok, here's my deal. It's getting very close to getting the touchpad and guess what happened...my debit card declined. The HP email said I had five days to recitify (transferred funds within minutes) but will all this confusion of information between customer service and now Bryna - I may have just "bleeped" myself! I laugh only because the tears won't come.