Page 112 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    @Dar1078 Frankly if im going to wait this long, I AM going to get my touchpad. If not, a large brown box of poo will be sent to HP HQ. Oh, and a ritualistic burning of all my HP products, then poo on them. Alot of my revenge is Poo based.
    Sounds like a good idea! Be sure to remember to leave the return address off of the brown box.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    Sounds like a good idea! Be sure to remember to leave the return address off of the brown box.
    I was going to ask how you would know the box would be brown. Then I remembered... poo.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    As we enter week 6 after ordering, it will be interesting to see what transpires.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    LMFAO..."Alot of my revenge is Poo based." I almost spit coffee all over my computer.
    Poo is always funny no matter how old we get !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    @Dar1078 Frankly if im going to wait this long, I AM going to get my touchpad. If not, a large brown box of poo will be sent to HP HQ. Oh, and a ritualistic burning of all my HP products, then poo on them. Alot of my revenge is Poo based.
    Well if I don't get it I will follow suit of you're revenge and as they say revenge is a dish best served nice and warm..
    I have been "lurking" on the site for a while and wanted to voice my support. I am in the same boat as the many, many others that ordered before the "Monday" deadline. I have appreciated the updates, news, and outright stories shared by others. Per my multiple calls in to the SMB support desk, I am "4-6 weeks out from delivery." Unlike others, I have not received any confirmation Emails since my very first confirmation that the order was accepted. I am checking my status (probably a little too often) and waiting for my status to change beyond "admin".

Good fortune to those of you getting your TouchPads and "hang in there" for the rest of us still waiting (semi-patiently) for our tech to arrive.
    zoey_s and fwinst like this.
    I guess everyone is getting bored with the lack of news. Speaking of which, is there any I missed? I am 30547---, It looks like 30545--- has shipped but 30546--- has not.

If, and I know it is a big if, logic prevails then I am more than a thousand but less than two thousand orders away. With any luck I am in the next batch shipped.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I guess everyone is getting bored with the lack of news. Speaking of which, is there any I missed? I am 30547---, It looks like 30545--- has shipped but 30546--- has not.

If, and I know it is a big if, logic prevails then I am more than a thousand but less than two thousand orders away. With any luck I am in the next batch shipped.
    I'm in the 30546--- batch, so you will definitely see on here if it ships.
    It's really impossible to guess how many orders are between us and out TP. Mine is order 030542xxx and still nothing but the 6-8 week letter.
    I feel for you guys that haven't gotten your Touchpads yet. Of the four I got from HP SMB, I still have one sitting unopened under the coffee table, just as a memorial of the whole ordeal. I would post a photo of it, but I need to get back to playing Robotek HD on my Touchpad.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm 30545 and mine has not shipped..
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSully23 View Post
    I'm 30545 and mine has not shipped..
    The last number that I saw shipped was 30545332. That being said, that's for 32gb units. The 16gb units haven't gotten to that number yet. So, if you're a 30545, and ordered a 32gb unit, I expect it will ship with the next shipment they get in. If you ordered a 16gb unit, I think you'll be waiting for a bit yet. That is unless they get a huge shipment in soon.

If they don't start shipping some more before Wednesday, I can see this board going crazy.
    Just spoke with SMB regarding shipping method on my order. The CSR said orders will not be shipping until mid to late October. This is in conflict with the information I received last week stating orders would be shipping after their batch of TP's were received at the end of September. What is really the most frustrating part of this whole thing is lack of consistent, accurate information from HP.

Along with inaccurate communication we now find out Onsale must have received a TP shipment as they are now fulfilling orders they had to cancel when the original sale went live. Seems as though HP is taking care of their distributors instead of focusing on direct customer orders. Speaks volumes of what they feel about their customers now doesn't it??!!??

(I am currently waiting for one 32gb)
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skphoto View Post
    Just spoke with SMB regarding shipping method on my order. The CSR said orders will not be shipping until mid to late October. This is in conflict with the information I received last week stating orders would be shipping after their batch of TP's were received at the end of September. What is really the most frustrating part of this whole thing is lack of consistent, accurate information from HP.

Along with inaccurate communication we now find out Onsale must have received a TP shipment as they are now fulfilling orders they had to cancel when the original sale went live. Seems as though HP is taking care of their distributors instead of focusing on direct customer orders. Speaks volumes of what they feel about their customers now doesn't it??!!??

I sure would hate for this to be the first time a CSR gave accurate information since 8/22.
    underwaterdan likes this.
    Today's status, no ship yet.

(2) 16GB TPs, PO# 4394xxx, HP# 30547xxx, Order date 21-Aug-2011, Status Admin, P delivery date 03-Oct-2011, P. ship date 30-Sep-2011

(2) 32GB TPs, PO# 4420xxx, HP# 30548xxx, Order date 21-Aug-2011, Status Admin, P delivery date 26-Sep-2011, P. ship date 23-Sep-2011
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by skphoto View Post

This is what I was worried about they r going to give the employees first dibs then their distributors then any other orders yet to be filled, let's just hope i am wrong and we all get our TP ( 2-32gb TP's I'm still waiting for)and I really don't think you're order number has anything to do with it I just think it's the luck of the draw, I hope i am very very wrong. BTW how is everybody checking which orders have shipped?
    So it looks like the new Amazon tablet will be introduced on Wednesday. I wonder how many people waiting for their TP's finally say screw it and order the new Amazon tablet when it comes out in Nov while canceling their TP order.
    Quote Originally Posted by 482123 View Post
    So it looks like the new Amazon tablet will be introduced on Wednesday. I wonder how many people waiting for their TP's finally say screw it and order the new Amazon tablet when it comes out in Nov while canceling their TP order.
    The Amazon tablet will be a 7" device, and will probably cost $250-$350. the people who bought a $99-$150 10" device will not settle for something smaller that costs double or more. at least I know I won't. 7" is just too small for one of these devices in my opinion. It's great for carrying around, but i learned my lesson when i bought the Asus Eee 701. the screen is just too small for me.
    As the owner of a Barnes & Noble rooted 7" Nook Color, I use it everyday. It is easier to hold in the hand to read than my Transformer. I carry it in my jacket pocket all the time. There have been articles that the reason BN survived and Borders did not was the Nook.

Steven Jobs also said there is no place for a 7" pad, but I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that Apple didn't have one in the pipeline.

Sorry to go off topic but one user's experience simply doesn't change the public's acceptance of 7" tablets.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    fwinst likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    As the owner of a Barnes & Noble rooted 7" Nook Color, I use it everyday. It is easier to hold in the hand to read than my Transformer. I carry it in my jacket pocket all the time. There have been articles that the reason BN survived and Borders did not was the Nook.

Steven Jobs also said there is no place for a 7" pad, but I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that Apple didn't have one in the pipeline.

Sorry to go off topic but one user's experience simply doesn't change the public's acceptance of 7" tablets.
    I can see there being a market for a 7" tab - if I wanted it for mostly reading purposes, then 7" would be fine.

It's just that 7" is 2.7" more than my current phone's screen. Not a major difference.