Page 111 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BTJepson View Post
    The "following people seem to have for apple" is satisfaction and respect for good, solid design and execution across multiple platforms. Not a bad "following" to have.
    It is a good thing to have all of the choices out there; some people prefer Apple, some prefer Microsoft, and I prefer linux!

I am kind of nervous about my HP order, (one 16Gb Touchpad), because although I finally got my order in early morning Sunday the 21st, I didn't receive a confirmation email until the 24th, and most of the order status pages show that I ordered then. When I use the link from the confirmation email, the page that comes up after logging in shows the 21st, but all of the other order status pages show the order date as the 24th. I looked at orders with a higher number than mine and just about all of the ones I checked showed an earlier order date. That can't be good : (
    My order number is 4410xxx, and I got the 6 to 8 week email.
    just got my TP from HP this afternoon and posting this on my TP. Ordered mine on aug20 and it was worth the wait:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    There are plenty of people here who will take off your hands.
    my grandson would use it for youtube elmo movies instead of my ipad
    When they charge the full amount to a credit card, does that suggest it's about to ship?
    allowingtoo likes this.
    guy just relax - you will get your touchpad. i got mine the last day of the 2 weeks.
    to improve performance

1. Open the Device Info applet on the Settings page of the launcher.
    2. Select Diagnostics in the menu at the top left.
    3. Select Collect Logs from the menu at the top left.
    4. Tap Change Logging Levels…
    5. Tap Set Logging To Minimal
    Done!
    Well, October 16th can't come soon enough... 8 weeks from order date.
    Last edited by kevind123; 09/24/2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Well, October 16th can't come soon enough... 8 weeks from order date.
    Are we sure its from the order date? Or from when they sent the email?
    Well at least they (hp) is being consistent. 6 weeks is when they started sending out backorders and 8 weeks is when they will finish. I couldn't take the wait any longer so I brought one from arrons for $150 two weeks ago. But I have two orders for (4) total from HP. I have (2) friends and (2) co-workers bugging me. Can't wait for this whole thing to be over.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    I wonder when this thread will have 100k views? Probably before the majority of us get our Tpads from HP.
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsigg12 View Post
    i think its from the email. the 2 weekers got their touchpads 2 weeks after the email.
    Played around with some numbers again and its looking like "Most" orders before #4387154 have been shipped/delivered. Another week down, another week closer. #staystrong.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    zoey_s likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    When they charge the full amount to a credit card, does that suggest it's about to ship?
    no. their system is automated, and re-charges your card every 10 days or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsigg12 View Post
    On the phone two separate reps at two separate times said it was from the order date.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    On the phone two separate reps at two separate times said it was from the order date.
    I've heard the same response. Realize that anybody you talk to will relay the message they're told to relay.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    i think its from the email. the 2 weekers got their touchpads 2 weeks after the email.
    I got the TWO week email on September 2nd and I have yet to receive the TouchPads nor has there been any further communication from HP so far.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Hey guys new to this forum and joined cause well placed an order for two TP and I'm hoping to get them soon,anyways I'm sure this question has been answered to death but just curious I got a email conformation for both TP then got the email about them shipping 6-8wks and just a little concerned cause keep reading all this stuff about hp employees getting first dibs shoul I be worried? About my order not being filled? Anyways thanx guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar1078 View Post
    ... all this stuff about hp employees getting first dibs shoul I be worried? About my order not being filled? Anyways thanx guys
    Eh, I wouldnt be worried. I feel like if you have gotten all the notifications you will be getting a touchpad(s). As we will be getting the touchpads that are now getting made in taiwan/china/where have you, they should atleast be making enough to cover our orders first. I imagine the Employee touchpad orders will be the overages after our orders are filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Eh, I wouldnt be worried. I feel like if you have gotten all the notifications you will be getting a touchpad(s). As we will be getting the touchpads that are now getting made in taiwan/china/where have you, they should atleast be making enough to cover our orders first. I imagine the Employee touchpad orders will be the overages after our orders are filled.
    Hey thanx 4 the reply I really hope you're right and we all get what we've been waitin for
    @Dar1078 Frankly if im going to wait this long, I AM going to get my touchpad. If not, a large brown box of poo will be sent to HP HQ. Oh, and a ritualistic burning of all my HP products, then poo on them. Alot of my revenge is Poo based.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    @Dar1078 Frankly if im going to wait this long, I AM going to get my touchpad. If not, a large brown box of poo will be sent to HP HQ. Oh, and a ritualistic burning of all my HP products, then poo on them. Alot of my revenge is Poo based.
    LMFAO..."Alot of my revenge is Poo based." I almost spit coffee all over my computer.