Page 108 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    So nice of the FedEx driver to not disturb me (working from home today) and not ring the doorbell this morning to deliver my TouchPads.

Fortunately, they had been outside for only 5 minutes (in 40-degree weather).
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Well the people that ordered from Office Depot 2 days ago are getting shipping notifications. So retailers are getting stock before we are.
    Who said those came from HP. They were sold out in a matter of minutes. Not much stock there. Could've been returned units that were re-certified and sealed. Could've been units held back or found after previous sales. Popping a few TP's on your site does a great deal for site traffic right now. Pretty good marketing ploy if you ask me. TP's have popped up in very small quantities all over the place. This is nothing new.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to bet that people will start getting theirs before everyone that ordered from HP gets theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbkf View Post
    Don't listen to the people on the phone - unfortunately, they don't have a clue.
    That's what I've been telling people... But they call anyway.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by braindead5400 View Post
    Ugh. HP sent it FedEx ground and stipulated that an in person signature at the address is required. According to FedEx that means I cannot pick it up and I cannot leave a signature release. I have to be home during the day to receive it which isn't exactly easy with the Monday-Friday delivery schedule of FedEx ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    So nice of the FedEx driver to not disturb me (working from home today) and not ring the doorbell this morning to deliver my TouchPads.

Fortunately, they had been outside for only 5 minutes (in 40-degree weather).
    What's the deal with this inconsistent signature requirement? Does it depend on your neighborhood or something? As if they haven't already made things frustrating enough for people.
    Ordered 16GB TouchPad on 8/21/11@1135, HPO#30563xxx, WO#4408xxx
    Touchpad is here. Just trying to find a new thread to refresh every 5 minutes now. I can't believe they are still shipping these without all the system updates. Unless mine was made prior to those updates. We will see in the 6-8 week group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwaterdan View Post
    Touchpad is here. Just trying to find a new thread to refresh every 5 minutes now. I can't believe they are still shipping these without all the system updates. Unless mine was made prior to those updates. We will see in the 6-8 week group.
    How about your CC charge? Was your cc charged before shipment or in a hold state like many of us 6-8 week group?

SMB order:
    PO# 439XXXX, HP# 3054xxxx, ordered 8/21, status: admin
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    My understanding is that HP employees can't order until 9/28 because that is when they anticipate being caught up, and they won't receive their orders for another 10 days after that. That puts their orders being delivered about 7 weeks from the fire sale.

I am guessing the 6-8 weeks was from that weekend, not from the date we received the notification.

Again, it's a guess. Don't call the HP people about it.
    I'm in that 6-8 wk group, and an HP (pending) charge showed up on my American Express account for the first time since I ordered. We'll see if it actually ships (32GB version), or if they finally caught up with me and will start the cycle of posting and dropping pending charges to my account. Finger are crossed.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty43 View Post
    I'm in that 6-8 wk group, and an HP (pending) charge showed up on my American Express account for the first time since I ordered. We'll see if it actually ships (32GB version), or if they finally caught up with me and will start the cycle of posting and dropping pending charges to my account. Finger are crossed.
    I actually have two seperate orders; one for a 16gb, and one for a 32gb. The orders were done on 2 seperate cards, as I bought one for my business, and one for my daughter. It's interesting that the card for the 16gb has had a hold put on it, and fall off it 4 times. While the card for the 32gb only had a hold put on it the day I ordered it. That fell off 3 weeks ago. Just today, that hold was on again. Me thinks something is in the works.
    Still nothing for me but the ship date hasn't changed in 6 days. Is it possible that it's shipping tomorrow? It shows the last change was made today but there's no change in information. Order # 4412....
    In between refreshes, did you notice that Leo just got fired? Maybe someone with half a brain will work on some webOS devices, maybe even keep the production lines open and sell them for $399, which is where the market was all along.
    Maybe after i get it I should make them wait 6-8 weeks for my monies... ok snarkiness aside

It's getting closer for me it seems
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I actually have two seperate orders; one for a 16gb, and one for a 32gb. The orders were done on 2 seperate cards, as I bought one for my business, and one for my daughter. It's interesting that the card for the 16gb has had a hold put on it, and fall off it 4 times. While the card for the 32gb only had a hold put on it the day I ordered it. That fell off 3 weeks ago. Just today, that hold was on again. Me thinks something is in the works.
    ---------

Same here. I noticed pending charges on my CC this morning, it was there the day I ordered and was removed 2-3 weeks later. Not sure what to make of it. Ordered on 8/21/2011, 43871xx.
    Wondering if I'm going to go through a "thread" withdrawal once the touchpad is received. My 32gb has been charged to my account several times but all I'm interested in is that I get what I purchased LOL - otherwise it'll be a firesale on accessories!
    I don't think there's any sense to be made of how things work for HP SMB. They weren't built to handle this kind of volume.

I've seen my delivery date update to the current date for a week straight, then on 9/12 in changed to 9/20. Of course it didn't ship, and now it's back to showing the delivery date as the current day.

My pending charge is also for the full amount, not with free shipping, even though my order status screen shows the new amount.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    ...My pending charge is also for the full amount, not with free shipping, even though my order status screen shows the new amount.
    My pending charge is for the full amount, including shipping. My status page shows that too. To be honest, I don't care if they charge me the $9.00 shipping charge. Just ship the TP.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    My dates have never updated from day 1. I have never gotten an email since the confirmation of the order pending on day one. My cc charge has remained pending the entire time. I am a 441xxxxx.
    Last edited by jaltman; 09/22/2011 at 05:04 PM.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    So, i just got off the phone with hp.
    I ordered a 32gb, and two 16gb, around 8 pm on the 20th.
    The guy told me they dont have the right date, but it will be shiped by the end of september to the middle of october, which would be at least 3 more weeks waiting.
    Also i told him about my cc, 'cause they have been charging the wrong amount, now i checked my cc, and they have the right amount, with the free shipping.
    i ordered saturday night, around 8pm. i havent received the two weeks or 6-8 weeks email.

Btw, the waqiting time on the phone was like 5 minutes.
    Order # 439xxxx placed on saturday, 08/20 around 8pm.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Onsale does not have stock yet. The article states"...Starting today, OnSale has made a public effort to rectify some of the problems with those very same customers by putting them first in line to order a 32GB TouchPad as soon as HP makes them available."

HP is attempting to mend some very scorched bridges. This does not necessarily mean that Onsale, or their customers will get their TP's any sooner than those of us still waiting for our SMB orders to ship.
    Well I'm now seeing posts by people I trust that say they ordered last night and now have a tracking number. So I guess they really did get stock while we still wait.