Page 107 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3697
Like Tree1000Likes
    Fed Ex just delivered my 32 GB Touchpad. Ordered on 8/20 about 7:30 pm EST, order #4383XXX in case people are still trying to figure this mess out. My 16 GB (order #4390XXX), that I ordered 3 hours later, got the 6-8 week email and is still in admin limbo.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Had a little time, so I checked some numbers. It looks like they have shipped some 32gb TP's that were ordered on 8/21. Most of those shipped last week (8/13), and a few shipped today. The highest number I've found that shipped was 030545332/4390858. That was for a single 32 gb tp. The 16gb models are well behind that. My W.A.G. at the ratio of 16gb Vs 32gb ordered is about 10 16gb's to every 1 32gb. Interestingly, it looked like some orders where there were multiple 32gb's ordered, were skipped over. At any rate, I really don't know how much it means. It would seem that if you ordered a single 32gb, you have a better chance of receiving it sooner than if you ordered any number of 16gb models. This is definately a FWIW post.
    Ugh. HP sent it FedEx ground and stipulated that an in person signature at the address is required. According to FedEx that means I cannot pick it up and I cannot leave a signature release. I have to be home during the day to receive it which isn't exactly easy with the Monday-Friday delivery schedule of FedEx ground.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Had a little time, so I checked some numbers. It looks like they have shipped some 32gb TP's that were ordered on 8/21. Most of those shipped last week (8/13), and a few shipped today. The highest number I've found that shipped was 030545332/4390858. That was for a single 32 gb tp. The 16gb models are well behind that. My W.A.G. at the ratio of 16gb Vs 32gb ordered is about 10 16gb's to every 1 32gb. Interestingly, it looked like some orders where there were multiple 32gb's ordered, were skipped over. At any rate, I really don't know how much it means. It would seem that if you ordered a single 32gb, you have a better chance of receiving it sooner than if you ordered any number of 16gb models. This is definately a FWIW post.
    ---------

My order date 08/21/2011 and order number 43871xx and nothing yet. I see 8/21 and 8/22 orders shipping out and HP keeps feeding me the same BS, 6-8 weeks. So frustrating.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poqonos View Post
    ---------

My order date 08/21/2011 and order number 43871xx and nothing yet. I see 8/21 and 8/22 orders shipping out and HP keeps feeding me the same BS, 6-8 weeks. So frustrating.
    Did you order a 16gb or a 32gb? There were a few scattered 32gb orders that I saw that hadn't been shipped. I don't know why. Some could have credit issues. The majority that I saw that hadn't shipped were orders of multiple units. As I said earlier, there were significantly more 16gb units sold than 32gb units. So, I expect the wait will be longer for a 16gb.
    Last edited by fwinst; 09/21/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Order on 08/20, 4-5pm. 2 16G. 43833**, nothing yet. 6-8 weeks. Wonder how hp works
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    May be they are waithing for a new batch of 16gb to arrive. I suspect that there are more 32gb avaiable than there are 16gb. Inventory of 16gb emptied before the 32gbs?
    Even though it has taken a long time it does look like they are fulfilling orders like they said they would.
    Did you order a 16gb or a 32gb? There were a few scattered 32gb orders that I saw that hadn't been shipped. I don't know why. Some could have credit issues. The majority that I saw that hadn't shipped were orders of multiple units. As I said earlier, there were significantly more 16gb units sold than 32gb units. So, I expect the wait will be longer for a 16gb.
    I ordered a 32gb and there were no credit issues with me. I called today just to check and they gave me the "we need to wait 6-8 weeks to finish making them" again. Who knows how they work the system. I only ordered one.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Funny how it was 6-8 weeks 3 weeks ago and it's still 6-8 weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I ordered a 32gb and there were no credit issues with me. I called today just to check and they gave me the "we need to wait 6-8 weeks to finish making them" again. Who knows how they work the system. I only ordered one.
    OMG you cannot be serious. Call that Customer Relations number a page back and tell them you want to file a complaint or something. They can't let the Employees ORDER TouchPads when they can't get the ones from a frigging month ago out the door. This makes me want to...I don't know. Start tweeting every 5 minutes or something. This is just ridiculous if it's true.

Did anyone else get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    Funny how it was 6-8 weeks 3 weeks ago and it's still 6-8 weeks now.
    I thought we were finally done with the famous "in the coming months" quote... There's no end to this madness!

Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    OMG you cannot be serious. Call that Customer Relations number a page back and tell them you want to file a complaint or something. They can't let the Employees ORDER TouchPads when they can't get the ones from a frigging month ago out the door. This makes me want to...I don't know. Start tweeting every 5 minutes or something. This is just ridiculous if it's true.

Did anyone else get this?
    A week or two ago I tried calling and the operator said that the standard wait time was 12 minutes. I waited 6 hours just because they never answered any other time I called so I figured I'd see how long it took them. I'm sure filing a complaint won't get me any further, the operators don't seem to know what they're talking about anyways. They make stuff up when they don't know the real answer. All I keep getting is 6-8 weeks. I'm sure I'll get it by Christmas.

Also, I believe the TouchPads for the employees are the ones that were sent back to HP by the retailers. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense to me either, but supposedly "in about 6-8 weeks", they'll finish the orders of those who didn't get theirs yet, and then they plan on selling them to the public again on their site.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    I ordered a TP on 8/20 and received the 2 week email, but at the end of the 2 weeks I hadn't received a shipping notice. I saw that orders with a higher number than mine had been filled so yesterday I called in twice to see if I would get the same answer. I was told I would need to wait 6-8 weeks. They insisted that the orders are processed in the same order they came in. Yeah, right. A couple of hours after the call I checked my order on line again - and it was shipped yesterday. Don't listen to the people on the phone - unfortunately, they don't have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    A week or two ago I tried calling and the operator said that the standard wait time was 12 minutes. I waited 6 hours just because they never answered any other time I called so I figured I'd see how long it took them. I'm sure filing a complaint won't get me any further, the operators don't seem to know what they're talking about anyways. They make stuff up when they don't know the real answer. All I keep getting is 6-8 weeks. I'm sure I'll get it by Christmas..
    When I called last week, I never had to hold very long. Once I was put through immediately and I had to hang up because my computer hadn't booted up and I wasn't prepared for them to answer yet

It never took over 6 minutes if that long. The longest it took me on hold was when Christine was transferring me to the Sales Rep or whoever it was that told me that it was shipping this week.

1-800-888-0292, opt 3 for Sales
    Direct number to CR is 1-888-943-8476

I swear, if I lived anywhere NEAR HP I'd picket the place for you.

I'd like to hear it from somebody else if the wait time is another 6 to 8 weeks.

What is your order number and when did you order?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    When I called last week, I never had to hold very long. Once I was put through immediately and I had to hang up because my computer hadn't booted up and I wasn't prepared for them to answer yet

It never took over 6 minutes if that long. The longest it took me on hold was when Christine was transferring me to the Sales Rep or whoever it was that told me that it was shipping this week.

1-800-888-0292, opt 3 for Sales
    Direct number to CR is 1-888-943-8476

I swear, if I lived anywhere NEAR HP I'd picket the place for you.

I'd like to hear it from somebody else if the wait time is another 6 to 8 weeks.

What is your order number and when did you order?
    Unfortunately, none of the people you'd get to talk to have any more information than what they've been told to tell you. The only people that MIGHT have more info are significantly above the call servicer's pay grade, or potentially, at the warehouse. If you got a 2 week email, and you haven't heard anything, you can give them a call, you can complain, as long as your doing it to make yourself feel better. It's not going to speed up the process. If you ordered a 16gb unit, it will likely take longer to get than the 32gb unit.

AS for the HP employees, They will be allowed to order on 9/28. According to the email that was sent to them, their TP's will not ship to them until approx 10 days after that. Again, there's nothing the people answering your calls can do about this. I would suggest sending a message to Mr Dewitt on his Twitter account. At least you know you're sending your complaint to the right person. Many of the call centers you'll reach by calling the numbers posted are not even in the USA.
    OnSale is trying to honor cancelled orders. If your order was cancelled, you can re-place your order on their website, not Amazon.

OnSale honoring cancelled orders with a new batch of TouchPads | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Ordered 2 TouchPads using IE on a Windows Phone
    4413XXX, 030568XXX, 32GB (Received)
    4426XXX, 030584XXX, 32GB (Waiting)
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Why are retailers still getting stock when those of us that ordered directly from HP are still waiting?
    Why are retailers still getting stock when those of us that ordered directly from HP are still waiting?
    Exactly! I had my OnSale order through Amazon cancelled and I just ordered a 32GB unit through their recently announced special sale. They could cancel orders again-Time will tell. I'm not trusting HP to come through since it's been so long, and now the employee sale, Office Depot, OnSale, and others coming up with additional units to sell.
    Spoke with a CSR today and she told me the standard 6-8 weeks line as well but she did state they will be getting stock at the end of September and again mid-October. Hopefully we'll start to hear of more people getting their SMB orders shipped. I placed my order on 8/21 in the a.m. for one 32 gb.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Onsale does not have stock yet. The article states"...Starting today, OnSale has made a public effort to rectify some of the problems with those very same customers by putting them first in line to order a 32GB TouchPad as soon as HP makes them available."

HP is attempting to mend some very scorched bridges. This does not necessarily mean that Onsale, or their customers will get their TP's any sooner than those of us still waiting for our SMB orders to ship.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Onsale does not have stock yet. The article states"...Starting today, OnSale has made a public effort to rectify some of the problems with those very same customers by putting them first in line to order a 32GB TouchPad as soon as HP makes them available."

HP is attempting to mend some very scorched bridges. This does not necessarily mean that Onsale, or their customers will get their TP's any sooner than those of us still waiting for our SMB orders to ship.
    Well the people that ordered from Office Depot 2 days ago are getting shipping notifications. So retailers are getting stock before we are.