Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
Like Tree9Likes
  1. pgood4's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
       #1  
    It looks like Costco is shipping all their units back. I spoke with one of their reps today and he indicated they took them off the floor last night, but there is a slim chance they might return. Picked one up yesterday at full price with the hopes they would price match, but not looking real promising at this point. Oh well, at least it will be an easy return with them.
  2. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #2  
    I went there today and they don't even have the SKU in there systems anymore. I wanted to see if they would pricematch the one I have as I don't want to return it. If they don't pricematch looks like I'll just be using one of the 16gb that should be here by wednesday
  3. #3  
    I really don't want to return mine. I want to keep it. I feel a little jipped that everyone else who purchased at other retailers are going to be able to keep theirs and get the discount while those of us who purchased at Costco are going to be out in the cold? If it was possible to purchase elsewhere and return the Costco one, that would be fine, but at this point they seem to be so scarce that having one in hand is half the battle. How does it benefit the consumer or the company to have the item returned and resold to someone else who didn't bet on HP and webOS and give it to someone else at a firesale price plus the cost of shipping for Costco to get it back to an HP warehouse? If they're going to take the $150 for it either way, can't they see their way to let the original holder of the device keep it? I just don't get it.
    KateD likes this.
  4. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #4  
    I feel you...I will also need to find a way to remove and hopefully reapply my carbon fiber skin if I have to return mine.
  5. #5  
    Costco Canada price matched them yesterday. That's where I got my six units.
  6. pgood4's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
       #6  
    I keep hoping they'll switch as well, but since they took down the displays I'm not hopeful. I'm going to hang onto it for a week or so and then return it if they won't give me the discounted price. They did confirm that I had up to 90 days for the return and 30 days for the price match.
  7. #7  
    I bought one yesterday morning at full price because it was the only place I could find one. If Costco doesn't do the price match I wonder if HP will offer a refund/rebate?
  8. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I bought one yesterday morning at full price because it was the only place I could find one. If Costco doesn't do the price match I wonder if HP will offer a refund/rebate?
    don't think so, you'll need to send it back to the retailer you purchased it from.
  9. #9  
    i hope they price match or I will have to return mine for the full refund.
  10. pgood4's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
       #10  
    I'm going to take it back tomorrow and see what they say. I managed to snag another one at walmart, but was hoping to get a second one for my wife. Hopefully they'll match, but I'm guessing they are just shipping them back to HP.
  11. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #11  
    I was at one in MD on Sunday and they didn't have any in stock and said a number of people had come in to see if they could get the price match but they didn't have any info at the time. They tried to get me to wait for a manager but I had to go. The member services people didn't think they were going to allow it because they sent all of their stock back and told me they were only offering refunds. I told them that's not what I really wanted but couldn't see myself keeping for full price when I already purchased two at the discounted price, but they were only the 16gb models; I really want to keep my 32gb model.
  12. arn0664's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #12  
    Me too I am gonna hold down to it for a week and see what happen but if they don't price match oh well...gonna have to get my money back....
  13. #13  
    Good news, people! Costco has changed their minds and will price adjust. Holdouts will be rewarded for their patience. Thank you, Costco for doing the right thing.

    This is in response to a message I sent to member services asking them to reconsider their position on refunds only. Looks like they had already decided by the time they heard from me.

    "We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

    The decision was made late yesterday that Costco would be offering a price adjustment on these units.* Please take your receipt into your local warehouse and they will assist you with the price adjustment.

    Please let us know if you need any further assistance.** Have a great day!"

    Now I just need to wait for the local warehouse manager to get the same official word from HQ.
    riccardocarchedi and KateD like this.
  14. #14  
    Now if they would just sell the stock that still have instead of sending them back!! Called my local Costco again today just in case but they said they were planning on returning them. They told me the same thing on Monday!!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdunnough View Post
    Good news, people! Costco has changed their minds and will price adjust. Holdouts will be rewarded for their patience. Thank you, Costco for doing the right thing.

    This is in response to a message I sent to member services asking them to reconsider their position on refunds only. Looks like they had already decided by the time they heard from me.

    "We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

    The decision was made late yesterday that Costco would be offering a price adjustment on these units.* Please take your receipt into your local warehouse and they will assist you with the price adjustment.

    Please let us know if you need any further assistance.** Have a great day!"

    Now I just need to wait for the local warehouse manager to get the same official word from HQ.
    Many instances of US Costco warehouses price matching HP Touchpads have been reported over beginning in the past 36 hours. The price adjustment is $350. Since the 32gb HP Touchpad was sold for $479, that means final price will be only $129. That represents probably the best deal available. Those receiving the rebates report they brought their receipt and the original Touchpad box with SKU back to the return desk for processing.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocarchedi View Post
    Many instances of US Costco warehouses price matching HP Touchpads have been reported over beginning in the past 36 hours. The price adjustment is $350. Since the 32gb HP Touchpad was sold for $479, that means final price will be only $129. That represents probably the best deal available. Those receiving the rebates report they brought their receipt and the original Touchpad box with SKU back to the return desk for processing.
    Hmm, any idea if they'll also honor the earlier $100 price drop? Some of us "early adopters" bought the 32 GB TouchPad from Costco for $579...

    --John
  17. #17  
    sohappy, im going to get my refund and keep my tp!!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Hmm, any idea if they'll also honor the earlier $100 price drop? Some of us "early adopters" bought the 32 GB TouchPad from Costco for $579...

    --John
    why didnt you walk in a get your $100 when they dropped the price the first time? you snooze you lose man
  19. #19  
    Any reports of price adjustments by Costco Canada? I had no luck on the weekend but didn't do a return in hopes that they will soon change their tune.
  20. #20  
    Can anybody here report that they got the price match? If so did you check to see if they were selling any? I will go at lunch today and check, can't get the pricematch because the receipt and box are at home
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions