Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I spoke with a manager at the Costco in Van Nuys, CA and she confirmed for me that there was a company-wide memo sent out on Tuesday 8/23 that all stores should have read by the morning of 8/24. They should offer a price adjustment down to $129.99 + taxes (and recycling fee in CA). If your local store gives you any problems, tell them to read their memos! If it helps, maybe tell them to contact the manager in Van Nuys, CA... I didn't take down her name but she was very nice about the whole thing.
    frys.com is down. Don't know if it has anything to do with TP's, but I'm going to keep trying just in case.
    Frys is back up, and I don't see any TP's.
    I attached a copy of what the manager scanned yesterday to ring up my discount. It took a whole 3 minutes to do. Got to keep the TP, got $350 back plus taxes, no reciept or box required. But he knew exactly what I was talking about and had the sheet right on the counter.

enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are they issuing a new receipt for this credit?
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Are they issuing a new receipt for this credit?
    I did't get one.
    This is GREAT News! I was upset about both the HP TouchPad situation and the Costco delay in responding.. I'd waited for months for it to come out..and I "Chose" Costco to buy it from...(@ full price). It was being such a Bummer...Thanks for the good news!
    I got mine from costco.com and when I called them earlier this week and today, they basically said "deal with it or return it". I've printed that coupon and will take it into a store after work and see if they will do it in person! If they can't do price adjustments for on-line purchases, at least this coupon gives me some ammo the next time I call the on-line support.
    If they give anybody any crap about them not ever offering the TP at that price, call them on on their BS and show them this screenshot from their own website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Took me a email to Costco Canada and wait for the reply , showed my local Costco store , they talked to the manager , he called head office !!!

I purchased TP for $549.00 a month ago and the TP was price matched to $149.00 .
    I got the differance back plus taxes !
    I just got back from the store with an extra $360 I my pocket! It was a little tricky for them since I bought at $599 and already had a $90 price match. While not as much as others, I wasn't going to try to explain the math to them. Besides, I still have the $50 App credit and a $50 mail in rebate coming in.

Glad to see them finally owning up! Considering I called at 11:30am today and was denied, this adjustment still needs to work its way through their system.
    I also just got back from my warehouse where it started with the usual, "no we returned all Touchpads to HP, there is no pricmatch you have to return it." I showed the picture of the memo to them and said the managers were suppposed to have it somewhere. They called for a manager who started to give me the same story untill I showed him the memo, he then radioed his manager who replied "Ya, we got an email about that" he left to get a copy of the email and processed my refund! Then he had to go get more cash because there wasn't enough in the register! This is the only time that I have left Costco with my wallet fatter than when I went in.

Thanks to everybody for your Help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thechemicalguy View Post
    Took me a email to Costco Canada and wait for the reply , showed my local Costco store , they talked to the manager , he called head office !!!

I purchased TP for $549.00 a month ago and the TP was price matched to $149.00 .
    I got the differance back plus taxes !
    This gives me hope! Where exactly did you send the email? When I sent one to head office, the reply was just that I had to speak with the warehouse manager - but gave no information either way about a price adjustment. Where in Canada are you? Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    This gives me hope! Where exactly did you send the email? When I sent one to head office, the reply was just that I had to speak with the warehouse manager - but gave no information either way about a price adjustment. Where in Canada are you? Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
    Easy, just go to the costco website's contact info page:

Costco.com: We at Costco welcome your feedback. Here's how you can contact us:

Look to the right and you'll see an 'email us' tab. Click that and fill in the blanks. A costco rep will email you back within 36 hours. A cinch. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocarchedi View Post
    Easy, just go to the costco website's contact info page:

Costco.com: We at Costco welcome your feedback. Here's how you can contact us:

Look to the right and you'll see an 'email us' tab. Click that and fill in the blanks. A costco rep will email you back within 36 hours. A cinch. Good luck!
    Yes, I've done this - but with no success. (I went through Costco.ca though, as I am in Canada.) This form just goes to the online store and not to a general Costco help centre. However, I did go back to Costco.ca and followed a different link that seems to apply to membership services but the automated reply came back from the same address. My fingers are crossed that it will be filtered differently. I'll hear back within 48 hours. Apparently, we're slower up north!

I am hoping that The Chemical Guy will be able to provide me with a direct email address or contact. Thanks for the advice though!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    If they give anybody any crap about them not ever offering the TP at that price, call them on on their BS and show them this screenshot from their own website.
    can you give us the link to that page, I can't find it on their website.
    Emailed to Costco this morning and got a reply within 2 hrs.

Dear XXXXX,

We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

Yes, an adjustment on the price of the tablet you purchased from Costco will be honored by the locations. Please visit your local Costco location and they will be happy to help you with this.

Thank you,

Katy
    Costco Wholesale Corporation

-----
    Time to get a refund and not hunt for another device :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I also just got back from my warehouse where it started with the usual, "no we returned all Touchpads to HP, there is no pricmatch you have to return it." I showed the picture of the memo to them and said the managers were suppposed to have it somewhere. They called for a manager who started to give me the same story untill I showed him the memo, he then radioed his manager who replied "Ya, we got an email about that" he left to get a copy of the email and processed my refund! Then he had to go get more cash because there wasn't enough in the register! This is the only time that I have left Costco with my wallet fatter than when I went in.

Thanks to everybody for your Help!!!
    The power of the internet over ignorant store employees! What a great story! I'm so happy for you!! YEAH!
    Costco Canada did a price adjustment for me today!! I called the warehouse first and the manager first asked some questions and then told me that he would indeed adjust the price - as long as I presented at the returns desk with the original receipt. I went straight to our warehouse and received a refund of $451.21 (price adjustment with taxes). I am delighted!
    Thanks to all who offered advice and encouragement along the way. Patience and persistence paid off!
    omullins likes this.
    Just got my $350 rebate from Costco. That means that I paid 129 + tax
    Total = $136.74 for a 32 GB TouchPad. Doesn't get much better than that!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast