Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm going today also, I hope they are price matching at the costco I purchased mine from in MD.
    any updates? I havent tried yet..
    just stopped at my local Costco and all were shipped back and they knew nothing about the price match, guess I will keep waiting...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I took mine back for a full refund. They were planning on returning all of them to HP according to what I was told.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgood14 View Post
    I took mine back for a full refund. They were planning on returning all of them to HP according to what I was told.
    Why did you do that??? Bestbuy was doing the same thing with their HP Touchpads...initially! But then they came around and gave everybody a price adjustment and ended up selling their stock at $99 and $159. It wasn't too hard to see that coming. Guess you just threw away $350 bucks. You should have just waited a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    Any reports of price adjustments by Costco Canada? I had no luck on the weekend but didn't do a return in hopes that they will soon change their tune.
    I thought that Canadian Costco was doing the lower price from the beginning??? I read too many articles from Winnepeg about people getting the $99/159 price way back last weekend. You better do some research and maybe check with another costco. The manager at yours must not be reading his memos.
    I had mine matched yesterday, total credit of $367 (including tax).

This was after being refused a match Tuesday evening and sending an email to corporate (CEO, buyers and others I dug up online). They changed their policy Tues evening after hours, most likely after receiving dozens of other complaints that Sam's, WalMart, BJs and virtually every other competitor was matching price drops.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    just stopped at my local Costco and all were shipped back and they knew nothing about the price match, guess I will keep waiting...
    Did you do this today?? Please use the 'search' button and note that this policy was only implemented yesterday. Don't spread mis-information. I would hate to see any more people lose their touchpad back to Costco not knowing about the adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocarchedi View Post
    I thought that Canadian Costco was doing the lower price from the beginning??? I read too many articles from Winnepeg about people getting the $99/159 price way back last weekend. You better do some research and maybe check with another costco. The manager at yours must not be reading his memos.
    Thanks for responding. From what I was told at my store in Ontario, the TouchPads were removed and sent back to HP. As there were no TouchPads for sale at the store, they were "unable" to adjust the price. I suggested that I return mine and re-purchase it (as then there would be one for sale!), but this offer was refused. (I was actually told that all TPs were found to be defective, and this was the reason they could not sell it to me. I tried to explain the situation with HP and the TouchPads, but was told I was wrong and that all TPs are defective.) I was told that my only option would be to return it within 90 days for a full refund. I left with it and am still hoping that sometime soon, Costco Canada will do a price adjustment. That said, I am planning to take it to Toronto next week and try the Costco there.
    Did you do this today?? Please use the 'search' button and note that this policy was only implemented yesterday. Don't spread mis-information. I would hate to see any more people lose their touchpad back to Costco not knowing about the adjustment.
    Back again as I see you've just responded to another. What is the search button to which you are referring? One at Costco, or here? I haven't been able to find anything (news release, etc.) from Costco about this. Thanks!
    Can anybody here report that they got the price match? If so did you check to see if they were selling any? I will go at lunch today and check, can't get the pricematch because the receipt and box are at home
    Yes I did this TODAY during my lunch break but didn't push it or demand a manager because I didn't have my receipt or box. I hate to see people who responds before reading all the posts. Don't accuse someone of spreading "mis-information" when you don't have all of the information. I will go back tonight with my box and receipt and have them scan it to see what the computer shows. Do you really think that someone ran out and returned it just because of my one post?
    I can't speak for KateD, as it appears she's in Canada, and may be different procedures (Kate, perhaps email some reps at corporate and let them know that the US Costco has price adjusted?)

Bockscar: if the returns desk doesn't know the process, ask for a manager. There is a coupon they will scan to complete the price protection/adjustment. Information was sent to US warehouses Tues night/Wed morning. If you have further problems, DO NOT return the device, PM me and I'll share the email/phone for Costco's VP/GM of Merchandising.

Edit: you shouldn't ever really need a receipt for Costco (though helpful). They should be able to pull up item purchases based on your member number. FWIW, I got the price protection yesterday taking in only the receipt, not the physical box.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I can't speak for KateD, as it appears she's in Canada, and may be different procedures (Kate, perhaps email some reps at corporate and let them know that the US Costco has price adjusted?)

Bockscar: if the returns desk doesn't know the process, ask for a manager. There is a coupon they will scan to complete the price protection/adjustment. Information was sent to US warehouses Tues night/Wed morning. If you have further problems, DO NOT return the device, PM me and I'll share the email/phone for Costco's VP/GM of Merchandising.

Edit: you shouldn't ever really need a receipt for Costco (though helpful). They should be able to pull up item purchases based on your member number. FWIW, I got the price protection yesterday taking in only the receipt, not the physical box.

Thanks for the info, my main reason I went at lunch today was hoping there was a slim chance that maybe they brought the ones back out and decided to sell like B.B. did. I waited outside BB on Saturday morning and got turned away only to find out they sold them in the afternoon, I was kinda upset about that. I will go tonight and PM you if I have any problems.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a friend who works at CostCo. He has been looking for me to help him get a Touchpad because CostCo decided to ship them back to HP.
  15. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Can anybody here report that they got the price match? If so did you check to see if they were selling any? I will go at lunch today and check, can't get the pricematch because the receipt and box are at home
    I went to the Costco I purchased mine from in Largo, MD and received the rebate this morning. They told me I was the first customer they did this for and just got the info to their warehouse last night. The floor manager told me they had it posted on the board in member services, I had to show the lady behind the counter where it was. She passed the transaction off to another associate and when she saw how much the rebate was for in the system she said, "that can't be right". She then went back to get another manager, talked to them, then came back and finished the rebate process. I spent about 30min at the counter going thru the rebate process and talking about the touchpad and my feelings towards it compared to other tablets. The assistant warehouse manager was also listening and said I really got a good deal and it was good I waited to get the rebate instead of just returning it.

they didn't have any in stock, matter fact, neither of the two costco's I went to in Maryland were carrying any tablets. Costco doesn't usually keep any product in their warehouse that doesn't sale....well they did keep the xoom and on of the acer tabs in there for a few months. I was told they had a number of returns on the acer one.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi I just got price adjusted at costco! 350 back plus the tax. The cute girl said I got the deal of the century.... There was none in the store. They had to have sent back at least 50. There was a whole bunch in the display sat morning in Merrillville In.
  17. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    total I got back was 350 + 21 for tax. Like someone else stated, you're basically getting the 32gb tab for 129.99 x whatever you paid for tax if you got it at the 579 price like I did. Well it was taxed on 579, minus the 100 instant rebate which came out to 514.79. So doing my math I paid a total of 143.79.......what a steal.
    Yes I did this TODAY during my lunch break but didn't push it or demand a manager because I didn't have my receipt or box. I hate to see people who responds before reading all the posts. Don't accuse someone of spreading "mis-information" when you don't have all of the information. I will go back tonight with my box and receipt and have them scan it to see what the computer shows. Do you really think that someone ran out and returned it just because of my one post?
    Well in your earlier post, you said you went to Costco and they 'knew nothing about a rebate'. Now you're 'fessing up' and saying because you didn't have your box or receipt, you didn't 'push it' or speak with a manager. Basically, I'm not sure what exactly you did, but I know you didn't properly determine that 'Costco knows nothing' about the rebates. Under 'mis-information' falls inaccurate or incomplete information. Look it up. And FYI, Costco does doorstep pick-up returns. Lots of people who ordered the $479 HP Touchpads have or will schedule a pick-up, being too upset to physically drive down to a warehouse. Irresponsible posts like yours can be picked up during a google search and could cause people to not cancel these pick-ups, losing out on a great deal as many have.

If you're so certain of Costco's policy and what 'they know', then just return yours and shut up about it.
  19. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    you shouldn't ever really need a receipt for Costco (though helpful). They should be able to pull up item purchases based on your member number. FWIW, I got the price protection yesterday taking in only the receipt, not the physical box.
    forgot that part....I had the box with me just in case they needed it but only the receipt was used.
    Well in your earlier post, you said you went to Costco and they 'knew nothing about a rebate'. Now you're 'fessing up' and saying because you didn't have your box or receipt, you didn't 'push it' or speak with a manager. Basically, I'm not sure what exactly you did, but I know you didn't properly determine that 'Costco knows nothing' about the rebates. Under 'mis-information' falls inaccurate or incomplete information. Look it up. And FYI, Costco does doorstep pick-up returns. Lots of people who ordered the $479 HP Touchpads have or will schedule a pick-up, being too upset to physically drive down to a warehouse. Irresponsible posts like yours can be picked up during a google search and could cause people to not cancel these pick-ups, losing out on a great deal as many have.

If you're so certain of Costco's policy and what 'they know', then just return yours and shut up about it.
    dude, calm down! When I said "they" I was referring to the people I spoke to, never did I say that Costco was refusing to do a price match. I believe what I have read about others getting it and that I just have to wait for the people in my store to get the same information. I didn't have enough information, or time, to push it any more at the store so I didn't. Plus I don't see any reason in acting like a jerk and being rude to the people that are just doing their job as they were last instructed to by their managers. Costco has a 90 day return policy so even people who bought it on opening day still have time to wait for it to all pan out. If someone chooses to return their device then that is their loss, why are you getting so upset over other people making rash decisions? I feel sorry for anyone who did return it but maybe it can be a learning lesson for them not to act rashly.
    Bo likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast