Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    This is now showing on the HP page....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice, I'm also watching NewEgg.com

Update: Hmmm it won't let me click submit for some reason, all the boxes are filled out :-(
    On the 15th, I happened to take a tally of my distributors' combined stock of Touchpads:

http://forums.precentral.net/site-fe...ml#post3067842

Looking at D&H and Ingram Micro combined, they had 12,034 32GB Touchpads in stock, and 6,612 16GB Touchpads.

Today, D&H shows ZERO Touchpads in stock. I assume they have simply removed the ability to order them from the website and are in the process of shipping them back to HP.

Ingram Micro's website is a little more revealing, as it seems to reflect actual stock numbers. Yesterday I noticed they had ~4,700 32GB Touchpads in stock, and today they have ~3,700 32GB Touchpads in stock. I'm betting somewhere there is an Ingram Micro truck with a trailer containing 1,000 32GB Touchpads on its way to HP, with more to follow.

Anyway, there are definitely still more out there, and I feel fairly certain that they are all headed back to HP. So if you missed out on ordering one yesterday or today, stay tuned to the HP website. There will be more. There are definitely more 32GB Touchpads out there than 16GB though.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I suspect there's more coming from the factory in china too. I bet they were still building them.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I know a store in my area that said they are getting more in next week. So there are for sure some out there and still shipping to retailers.
    Ingram Micro's remaining 3700 32GB Touchpads are now zero 32GB Touchpads.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  7.    #7  
    You have to assume that if some stores shipped their stock of TouchPads back to HP then said products are in transit right now and HP is waiting till they arrive to sell them off again.

At least that is how my theory goes
    But if recent history is any guide, as soon as HP puts them available for order, they will sell out in about five minutes
  9.    #9  
    That's why you gotta keep your eyes and ears open

As the saying goes: "Early bird gets the $99 TouchPad"
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    But if recent history is any guide, as soon as HP puts them available for order, they will sell out in about five minutes
    That depends on if their servers last for the whole five minutes.

Anyway, considering their server issues this weekend, that can't be a very good advertisement for their enterprise software capabilities .....
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You have to assume that if some stores shipped their stock of TouchPads back to HP then said products are in transit right now and HP is waiting till they arrive to sell them off again.

At least that is how my theory goes
    Yup....Staples made it clear they were shipping all of them back. At least in our area, none were being sold at stores and all being shipped back to HP I was told.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Way to go guys... overwhelming HP with site requests... Can't submit my info again....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I noticed this little bit of text at the bottom of the "Notify Me" fill in popup box.

"You will be redirected to the palm.com U.S. website (in English). "

Cool...is there a palm.com U.S. website to be redirected to anymore?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was just told by the store manager at my local Office Depot that they have a small shipment of TouchPads arriving today or at latest tomorrow as it was already in transit when the announcement was made Thursday. He thought they would probably be selling them at the firesale prices rather than sending back so might be worth checking with your local store.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    That depends on if their servers last for the whole five minutes.

Anyway, considering their server issues this weekend, that can't be a very good advertisement for their enterprise software capabilities .....
    I actually made a snarky comment to that effect of HP being a hardware company ...then decided to erase before posting.

(thanks for going there first!)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Same goes for Costco in my area. I called early morning Saturday they said they had 10 in stock but at regular price. I went in on my lunch break and they said corporate directed them to pull the items off the shelf (well rack for Costco) and ship them back. I'm guessing it will take a few days to go from the individual stores to Costco's warehouses. Then from the warehouse to HP.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Sent from my HP Touchpad, iPhone, Motorola Xoom, or HTC Thunderbolt... I don't really know anymore, so confused!
    This is becoming a great adventure and sparking the WebOS community up in a new way.
  18.    #18  
    In reality going to small stores or stores likely to be slow in doing something with their stock of TP's will give you the best chance of getting one.

I already bought mine on the first day from HP but if I didn't:

1. I would try calling my local Sears or other such stores and see if they have any in stock.
    2. If they do end your conversation right there and then and drive to the store (Have them hold one for you if you can't get there in a timely manner) and do the price negotiation in person.
    3. I would be armed with all the news and advertisements about the TP being sold for $99 and only talk to a manager to negotiate.
    4. Be willing to be flexible and remember "A bird in the hand is more then two in a bush".
    webOS just got a new name.... webOOS

OOS standing for Out of Stock...
    ght likes this.
    Spoke to BestBuy corporate office online division this morning. She said (surprisingly nice woman) that some of BestBuy were sold in the stores and some are in transit back to HP.
    Good luck!