Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Let's just make a list of local areas then

We have...

* Chicago
    * Denver
    * NYC
    * Kansas City
    are these areas of want to buy, or available?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    People wanting them in those areas, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    I'm looking for a local sale too... Manassas/Northern VA.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I am in Atlanta area if anyone local wants a 32GB.
    If someone else has one they're willing to part with, I would love to as well. I keep missing them around here, and have been too busy to sit around online. I went to best buy and they said no, then they went and sold them all after. My local radio shack told me they weren't marking them down yesterday, then randomly they decided to.

I'd buy a 16gig or 32. I'm in Oregon.

PS: Yes, I know this is my first post, guess what brought me here?
    I might have 2 to sell at cost in the San Antonio, TX metro area, as a possibility. Yesterday, I bought the last one (16 GB, $140 with tax) my local Office Depot had, and a 32GB from Sams Club online($170 with shipping/tax). Originally ordered two from hp.com Friday night, but started to doubt they would ever get shipped amongst the chaos yesterday morning, so I got the other two with intent of returning them if my original two process. Still waiting to see what HP is going to do with my online order from Friday night, before I figure if I'm gifting these, selling them at cost, or what.
    There are apparently lots of people looking to sell them. They all went to ebay, 16gbs are going for about 200 and 32gb's are going for about 300. I have been watching for a while and it seems there are at least 50 sellers that have more that 6 each. They probably bought them last night at Best Buy. Must be nice. LOL
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    There are apparently lots of people looking to sell them. They all went to ebay, 16gbs are going for about 200 and 32gb's are going for about 300. I have been watching for a while and it seems there are at least 50 sellers that have more that 6 each. They probably bought them last night at Best Buy. Must be nice. LOL
    bunch of *****s profiteering at what is a tragedy for palm / webOS faithful
    un_designer and Soorma like this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I think there's no one in germany or that would send one to germany? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    bunch of *****s profiteering at what is a tragedy for palm / webOS faithful
    Exactly my sentiments... I will NOT be giving my money to those types and hope no one here has to as well.
    Soorma likes this.
    I've been trying to get one all weekend. I live in Philadelphia. I've been with webOS since 2009 and hoping I can get one at a good deal. I thought I got one from hp but it was cancelled
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    If anyone in the Philadelphia area has a 16GB to sell without a sig price markup, I'd very much appreciate it. I've been all over (including being first in line at a 10am opening Staples and 11am Best Buy) with no luck. I'm going out of town soon so don't want to risk an online order, which makes it harder to get.

ETA - darn, I thought I had the first Philly request lol.
    If anyone has one available in the Portland area of Oregon, PM me!
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Exactly my sentiments... I will NOT be giving my money to those types and hope no one here has to as well.
    I agree as well. I will not buy a touchpad from someone on ebay that only bought one to make a profit for themselves. I dislike greedy people.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have one a 32gb one that I ordered on best buy online while I was waiting for the store to open. If it ever comes, and my wife changes her mind, I'll post it I'd think of selling. I have no need to make money on it, just cover what I paid (160.68) and any shipping. I hope you find one first.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I agree as well. I will not buy a touchpad from someone on ebay that only bought one to make a profit for themselves. I dislike greedy people.
    honestly if you were considering buying one at $400 its still a tremendous bargain at ~$200.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    Sorry, what exactly do you think HP was doing?
    I guess people in England wanting some of that, oh so good, precentral love is out of the question too!!
    I hope some sort of price drop comes here to the ol' UK. I was waiting for a while, praying for a small price drop, then this whole HP fiasco happened. Gutted!!!
    Beware of demo models, having problems getting them to register after you do a Dr. on them..serial numbers aren't recognized by HP Im being told...I have a 32 gig mood lighting lamp at the moment..
    I spent my entire weekend trying to get one of these things. At one point, I went with another Touchpad seeker to Staples and they had ONE LEFT. We flipped a coin for it and he won I've been searching Staples all over NY, Best Buys, Office Depot, Target, even PC Richards. I thought I was good when they appeared on Best Buy's website this morning and I ordered one. Turns out my order got cancelled because they ran out. So if anyone has multiple TouchPads and lives in the NYC area and is willing to part ways with one, please let me know!!!!!!!! <moderator edit>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast