08/21/2011, 01:08 PM
First off, it is illegal to duplicate digital protected media for sale or other form of sharing procedures. This is strictly for personal use.
Ok, so now that we're clear, let us begin. This is for converting any digital copy (blu-ray digital copies) DVD's, itune media, amazon, e-books, virtually any and all media.
For the conversion process you'll need a program called aimersoft. It costs $30 but it's totally worth it. The program will convert all your media to MP4, AVI, MV4, what ever you need. I've downloaded all my digital copies to my laptop and have converted them to mp4 to play on my new TP using aimersofts Ipad format. It works flawlessly.
One thing I can't figure out though is why I can't find them in TP's photo/video program, either way, I purchased gemini from the app store and use it to locate and launch my movies. The picture and sound is sublime, beautiful and clear. Anyway, the program converts a 1.9 gig to about 1.4 in mp4 format, the process takes the length of the movie (because it plays it first) plus an additional 30-40 minutes to convert. You have a variety of resolution formats as well as media formats and phone, smartphone selections.
The program is very easy to use:
1. Choose the media to convert, either from the selection box or drag and drop.
2. Choose the output format, ie. mp4, mpeg, etc. (note you can choose Ipad for the TP)
3. Choose the folder for the converted file to save.
4. Press start.
5. When conversion is complete, plug in TP via usb, in the root of the TP, create a folder with the name of the media and save the file in the new folder.
6. Eject the TP - On your computer, go to start, select computer, right click on the TP's drive, select eject. Done.
Like I stated before, I'm not sure if it's my media (digital copy, I haven't ripped any DVDs) or if it's the TP photo/video program, or if the file is too big. My biggest file is 1.4 gigs, but for some reason I can only play my movies using gemini. Either way it works and that's all that matters.
For the price of a blu-ray, you can have the power to covert all your media for your personal use. Enjoy.