Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    First off, it is illegal to duplicate digital protected media for sale or other form of sharing procedures. This is strictly for personal use.

Ok, so now that we're clear, let us begin. This is for converting any digital copy (blu-ray digital copies) DVD's, itune media, amazon, e-books, virtually any and all media.

For the conversion process you'll need a program called aimersoft. It costs $30 but it's totally worth it. The program will convert all your media to MP4, AVI, MV4, what ever you need. I've downloaded all my digital copies to my laptop and have converted them to mp4 to play on my new TP using aimersofts Ipad format. It works flawlessly.

One thing I can't figure out though is why I can't find them in TP's photo/video program, either way, I purchased gemini from the app store and use it to locate and launch my movies. The picture and sound is sublime, beautiful and clear. Anyway, the program converts a 1.9 gig to about 1.4 in mp4 format, the process takes the length of the movie (because it plays it first) plus an additional 30-40 minutes to convert. You have a variety of resolution formats as well as media formats and phone, smartphone selections.

The program is very easy to use:

1. Choose the media to convert, either from the selection box or drag and drop.
    2. Choose the output format, ie. mp4, mpeg, etc. (note you can choose Ipad for the TP)
    3. Choose the folder for the converted file to save.
    4. Press start.
    5. When conversion is complete, plug in TP via usb, in the root of the TP, create a folder with the name of the media and save the file in the new folder.
    6. Eject the TP - On your computer, go to start, select computer, right click on the TP's drive, select eject. Done.

Like I stated before, I'm not sure if it's my media (digital copy, I haven't ripped any DVDs) or if it's the TP photo/video program, or if the file is too big. My biggest file is 1.4 gigs, but for some reason I can only play my movies using gemini. Either way it works and that's all that matters.

For the price of a blu-ray, you can have the power to covert all your media for your personal use. Enjoy.
    just use handbrake it is free and does the exact same thing in a much shorter time period. you are probably using the wrong format. either resolution or codec for mp4/mpeg are wrong.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've used Handbrake before, but I couldn't convert my digital copies because of the drm. Are you sure you can convert the digital copies, maybe I was doing something wrong. Only dvd's were able to convert. Though it was about a year ago when I tried it for my droid. Has handbrake updated to support digital copies?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thanks, I did read the thread before posting this, but it seems it mainly talks about Dvd and other various formats, but no mention of digital copies which are protected by digitally embedded codes. I've had no luck with any other program when it came to digital copies, if handbrake supports Digital copies, then I apologize for rehashing the subject.
    I just suggested it for the output settings. Same settings work for whatever app is used.
    I have never tired doing it with digital copies but if you have the dvd/blueray I dont think there is a difference between ripping the dvd/blueray or converting the digital copy. same outcome a movie that plays on your TP.

Thanks for an alternative way of doing it.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I just suggested it for the output settings. Same settings work for whatever app is used.
    Yea I used those exact settings, but it still doesn't show up in photo/video, i can only view it through gemini. Weird.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I have never tired doing it with digital copies but if you have the dvd/blueray I dont think there is a difference between ripping the dvd/blueray or converting the digital copy. same outcome a movie that plays on your TP.

Thanks for an alternative way of doing it.
    Very true, but sometimes the blu ray doesn't come with a dvd, just the copy and all I buy is bluray now. Still though it's nice to have options, how long does it take to rip and convert a dvd using handbrake, and how big is the file?
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    Very true, but sometimes the blu ray doesn't come with a dvd, just the copy and all I buy is bluray now. Still though it's nice to have options, how long does it take to rip and convert a dvd using handbrake, and how big is the file?
    ~30 min for files that are 1.2-2 gigs could be longer depending on the speed of your computer.
    converting from a digital copy should be faster and smaller when it is an option that is available.