Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just recently purchased the TouchPad 32 GB and I'm having some serious issues with the web browser. When visiting a site like dailytech.com the page takes 2-3 minutes to load and the styles don't load correctly. The same is true for many other sites such as slashdot.org, etc. The browser in general is really slow. I'm running webOS 3.0.2 with patches to disable logging, etc.

Any suggestions?
    Runs fine for me. I didn't install any patches though. Just the official update.
    internet connection?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Is it just the one site or do you see this with all sites? Have you tried a reboot?
    I went to the 2 sites listed with no problems. My connection speed averages 22 down and 4 up.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It's those 2 sites and a number of other sites. Most sites i've used work fine (cnn.com) for instance. I tried a reboot (before i posted) and have also tried disabling the 'ad blocker' patch. I have a linksys 802.11n e2000 router with a 35 down/3 up connection to the internet. Other devices work fine. Only the tablet is not functioning properly. The browser is rather slow for most of the sites. I may try restoring via webos doctor again.
    Last edited by betam4x; 08/21/2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Typo
  7. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I don't think its the TP, I think its the communication between it and your router. I don't have any patches installed, running the stock browser and have only had minor problems visiting sites that are really flash heavy. I would try changing the frequency of your router or maybe even the channel its broadcasting on. There is another nice sized thread on here with people troubleshooting similar problems using the same router you have. May want to look at upgrading your routers firmware also.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi

Thanks! I tried web OS doctor before you posted and now my TouchPad hangs on "Restoring Data". I have another HP TouchPad that is interestingly enough not having any problems at all.

I'm beginning to think the hardware is defective.