Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Attached is the link of James Kendrick of ZDNET... to speed up your TP.
    Thanks James!

    How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet

    Enjoy
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    Attached is the link of James Kendrick of ZDNET... to speed up your TP.
    Thanks James!

    How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet

    Enjoy
    I dont have a dialer pop up in that app, how do you get that to come up?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachen808 View Post
    I dont have a dialer pop up in that app, how do you get that to come up?
    When you open the Phone and Video Calls app, in the top left corner is the Dialpad tab.
  4. doctorx's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #4  
    I think it's fair to post that this requires you to create and/or sign in to your existing Skype account, or have a phone connected to it.
    TheSpike likes this.
  5. #5  
    yep, I figured that out... rarely ever use skype, but I have an account from about 5 years ago that I remembered the sign in. tried it out and got it. This makes a ridiculous difference.
  6. #6  
    Oh awesome! Thanks for this!
  7. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    Attached is the link of James Kendrick of ZDNET... to speed up your TP.
    Thanks James!

    [url= to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet[/url]

    Enjoy
    thanks , it was worth it.
  8. #8  
    thanks for these! Also would recommend the "increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10" patch.
  9. #9  
    So this is pretty basic stuff? Has anyone had one of those issues where in doing this they said "oh oh, maybe I should have left this alone."? And doing this makes a noticeable difference? Would there be a reason not to do this?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10. #10  
    thanks for the tip !
  11. #11  
    Yes, this is very simple and has no more risk involved than installing any other apps. The speed increase is significant, and even greater if you overclock (though that comes with slightly more risk).

    In addition to increasing speed, it will also give you access to all of the other work that the incredible WebOS Internals team has done and will do, and that by itself is worth the trouble of installing PreWare. You will find that they make your use and enjoyment of WebOS far greater through their patches and apps.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlovegrove View Post
    Yes, this is very simple and has no more risk involved than installing any other apps. The speed increase is significant, and even greater if you overclock (though that comes with slightly more risk).

    In addition to increasing speed, it will also give you access to all of the other work that the incredible WebOS Internals team has done and will do, and that by itself is worth the trouble of installing PreWare. You will find that they make your use and enjoyment of WebOS far greater through their patches and apps.
    Thanks for the reply....but one quick question. When I got to the step where I click "Clange Logging Levels", and on the next screen I clicked hitting it to "Minimal", it came up with this message: "Do you want to set all log levels to minimal? This means logging only errors. This can't be undone." So, is this true? It can't be undone? And if so, is there a reason this would be a problem?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #13  
    Anyone have answers to previous post?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Thanks for the reply....but one quick question. When I got to the step where I click "Clange Logging Levels", and on the next screen I clicked hitting it to "Minimal", it came up with this message: "Do you want to set all log levels to minimal? This means logging only errors. This can't be undone." So, is this true? It can't be undone? And if so, is there a reason this would be a problem?
    The only case that would be a problem in is if you were programming for the device, and wanted to see any system calls being made to/from your app. For anyone that isn't doing any programming, trust me - you aren't missing anything.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    The only case that would be a problem in is if you were programming for the device, and wanted to see any system calls being made to/from your app. For anyone that isn't doing any programming, trust me - you aren't missing anything.
    Thanks.....just had to make sure before doing that. I tend to often do something like this and then later find out it was a bad move. I'm trusting you know that of which you speak!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  16. #16  
    New TP owner. Thanks for this!
  17. #17  
    So looks like everyone finds this a "no-brainer" and will do this today. I've heard no one indicate it shouldn't be done. Thanks for the info.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  18. #18  
    You would think James Kendrick would provide a link crediting where he got his information from...

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  19. #19  
    Thank y'all so much for taking the time to explain all this!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    The only case that would be a problem in is if you were programming for the device, and wanted to see any system calls being made to/from your app. For anyone that isn't doing any programming, trust me - you aren't missing anything.
    when you say programmer, are you referring to messing with system codes or just testing regular apps as a developer. I'll be making apps for it so would I be able to do this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions